Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Cumberland, Winslow and Holmes all expected back for Buffalo?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Cumberland, Winslow and Holmes all expected back for Buffalo?

I think some of the critics laid on Geno the last few weeks is a bit unfair given the passing weapons he has had to work with or lack thereof. Tough enough to develop chemistry with a brand new cast but even harder as a rook. I think we saw some positive signs earlier in the year as far as the passing game and a lot had to do with a chemistry building with all 3 of the guys listed above. so is it expected that all 3 are back next game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow's suspension will be over and Cumberland's concussion should be healed. But honestly I don't expect Holmes to play another full game this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Winslow's suspension will be over and Cumberland's concussion should be healed. But honestly I don't expect Holmes to play another full game this season.
    Holmes will start in the Buffalo game!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and Kerley may even be available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I didn't say he wouldn't start. I said he wouldn't finish one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, I truly feel that Holmes was sandbagging until we needed him and/or we started winning. That f*cker is after that big contract that he won't ever get when he leaves NY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say he wouldn't start. I said he wouldn't finish one.
    Good save, you dingbat

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Good save, you dingbat
    There's nothing to save. Learn to read.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see what Sudfield brings to the table over Winslow. We don't need Holmes screwing up the chemistry of this team. We beat two of the best teams in the NFL without him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Agreed, I truly feel that Holmes was sandbagging until we needed him and/or we started winning. That f*cker is after that big contract that he won't ever get when he leaves NY.
    You think Holmes is sandbagging in a contract year? Coming off an injury that sidelined him for all of last year? If his goal is to get paid, how does not playing while having a reputation as an injury prone player help. Especially when in basically guarantees that you won't have 1,000 yards receiving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You think Holmes is sandbagging in a contract year? Coming off an injury that sidelined him for all of last year? If his goal is to get paid, how does not playing while having a reputation as an injury prone player help. Especially when in basically guarantees that you won't have 1,000 yards receiving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Yep, cuz he can say "Look, I healed up 100% and came on strong towards the end of the season"...just in time to be cut/released for another team to get suckered in.
    Last edited by RageATL; 11-07-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea now is not the time to see if sudfeld has what it takes. Worry about that next season when he may be higher on the depth charts. Winslow is no longer banged up and will be better than he was pre suspension. Holmes we must have back ASAP we lack an explosive WR he is it. Holmes better be back for Buffalo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Assenine

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I would like to see what Sudfield brings to the table over Winslow. We don't need Holmes screwing up the chemistry of this team. We beat two of the best teams in the NFL without him.
    Holmes won that Buffalo game for us. What chemistry would he be screwing up? He didn't disrupt any chemistry if anything he was someone who Geno could trust on big 3rd downs and etc. Santonio is still a legit receiving threat that the defense has to account for. The bit he played this year I thought he was solid and would have liked to see him closer to healthy. His injury is a tough one to come back from plus he got hit with a diff injury. He was really hurt .... as for Sud over Winslow. I like Sud but Winslow is sure-handed and demands attention. Winslow will draw double teams to free up guys in the slot and etc like Kerley benefited from against ATL. We can mix Winslow, Sud, & Cumberland. In all honesty Winslow's blocking and receiving was a huge lift for us while he played.

Don't understand why we would back away from him only cause we won games without him. We need all the help we can get not to mention his experience is huge. Look at the huge TD in ATL .. he made that look easy while most TE wouldn't. After 5 weeks of rest I think he'll be at his best now ...sitting him makes ZERO sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's nothing to save. Learn to read.
    I'd love to watch a Jets game from beginning to end with you! lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Unless it is too cold for him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your wrong. the thing is, we might have to resign him, depending on how things shake out in FA, and the draft. Slim pickins in FA, for wide receivers.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect Santonio will feel and look much healthier when we come back from the bye. He needs to get his resume ready for next season. We are probably only 2 weeks away from him *****ing that he is not getting the ball enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Sudfield is a huge target for Geno, I hope he stays. He's like the Pats Gronk.