Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three keys are fueling the Rex Ryan revival

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Why so little talent on the offensive side of the ball? Could it be that Rex has insisted on drafting defensive players while ignoring the offense? And don't tell me it was Tannenbaum---Tannenbaum did what Rex told him to do. Idzak has not had enough time to address the offensive problems.

PS How many first round draft choices are playing defense for the Rex this year?
    Proving how clueless you really are.

Sooner or later the majority of Jets fans are going to realize that for many reasons, Rex is the best HC this team has had in since Joe Namath was under center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

By Little D!cky C. | ESPN.com

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well said.

Jets NEED to beat the Bills next week to get to 6-4 or the rollercoaster will continue all the way to 8-8 which at this moment in time should no longer be considered a successful season.
    The travel is only several hundred miles and we're coming off a Bye. There should be no excuses for losing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I think Ryan has def earned it.

I think Idzik has shown himself to take his time with decisions, be methodical, & be thorough ... No reason to expect him to address Rex's contract until the offseason.

Deciding already the Geno is not the answer doesn't seem to be a well supported position to me ... Just as the other extreme of saying he is 100% the answer would be the same. He is a work in progress who has shown both highs and lows.
    Rex has definitely earned it. The team is showing some real character and progress under his leadership. I think even Idzik and Woody didn't expect such progress and turnaround considering how injuries have ravaged this team. The building blocks are in place for the Jets to be championship contenders within the coming few years. The offseason (FA and the draft) will be awesome for us.

Rookie
    mainjet, you've been spot on for the most part in this thread.

IMHO Rex meddled in the offense his 1st 4 years here because he thought he had to as a HC. He's finally learned better and is becoming a better HC and now some know nothing posted what him gone. I swear some posters are clueless when it comes to decision making in the adult world. They must think football is a game or something. It's not. It's a business and the business decision is that Rex stays.

You know, just as an aside, I seem to recall Sanchez used to like to tuck the ball and run it in his rookie year and into his sophomore year but he was heavily schooled and criticized away from doing it. Now at least they know better with Geno. I suppose the what ifs will never end regarding how Sanchez career might have turned out under different handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Proving how clueless you really are.
    Another one of your insightful posts!

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    mainjet, you've been spot on for the most part in this thread.

IMHO Rex meddled in the offense his 1st 4 years here because he thought he had to as a HC. He's finally learned better and is becoming a better HC and now some know nothing posted what him gone. I swear some posters are clueless when it comes to decision making in the adult world. They must think football is a game or something. It's not. It's a business and the business decision is that Rex stays.

You know, just as an aside, I seem to recall Sanchez used to like to tuck the ball and run it in his rookie year and into his sophomore year but he was heavily schooled and criticized away from doing it. Now at least they know better with Geno. I suppose the what ifs will never end regarding how Sanchez career might have turned out under different handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable man View Post
    I can live with Goldman Sacks or Goldman Snacks either works and should really become a thing, a perfect homage to the Sack Exchange era but different enough to let these guys have their own identity.
    That's eminently reasonable reasonable man,I concur

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    By Little D!cky C. | ESPN.com

This guy gets it!