Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Gone are the days of facing Brady, Brees, Ryan, Dalton and Big ben......

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gone are the days of facing Brady, Brees, Ryan, Dalton and Big ben......

    say hello to Manual, tannehole x2, flacco , Pryor, newton and campbell......

    my 10-6 prediction is well within reach!!!!

    i expect this defense to dominate the 2nd half of the year against those turds!!!!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are right but we somehow always manage to blow a Dolphins game and this team under Rex has absolutely gone into a shell against the Ravens. Not to mention that Carolina is looking pretty legit and that game is on the road where we have struggled at times this year.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you remember the suckchez would always fold against scary defenses. geno is not scared in the pocket and baltimore is FAR from a scary team anymore.....i expect a win in baltimore this year.

    i could see a loss in miami and to carolina.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    if you remember the suckchez would always fold against scary defenses. geno is not scared in the pocket and baltimore is FAR from a scary team anymore.....i expect a win in baltimore this year.

    i could see a loss in miami and to carolina.
    I also hope that MM's influence will be the difference in the Ravens game.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gone are the days of facing Brady, Brees, Ryan, Dalton and Big ben......

    Don't count them before you win them. I don't want to sound like a dark sider, yet, remember even though we have won 5 games they have all been struggles. Just look at yesterday's game the Bengals and titans who gave us a butt whipping, both lost and the Bengals lost to a team you sound like we are going to walk over. Not saying to not be positive, just wait for the games to be played. If not you will be here crying about how we should have done this or that, an be deeply let down. Try to keep it in perspective, we are a young team and still growing and learning.
    Now after saying all of that, I hope your prediction proves me totally wrong and we do go 10-6 and surprise the hell out of all the "experts"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by fltflo; 11-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Don't count them before you win them. I don't want to sound like a dark sider, yet, remember even though we have won 5 games they have all been struggles. Just look at yesterday's game the Bengals and titans who gave us a butt whipping, both lost and the Bengals lost to a team you sound like we are going to walk over. Not saying to not be positive, just wait for the games to be played. If not you will be here crying about how we should have done this or that, an be deeply let down. Try to keep it in perspective, we are a young team and still growing and learning.
    Now after saying all of that, I hope your prediction proves me totally wrong and we do go 10-6 and surprise the hell out of all the "experts"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I would also say to remember that the NFL is unpredictable. Jets get handled by the Bengals, then beat the Saints.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope you are right but we somehow always manage to blow a Dolphins game and this team under Rex has absolutely gone into a shell against the Ravens. Not to mention that Carolina is looking pretty legit and that game is on the road where we have struggled at times this year.
    glass half empty

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's stay humble before we end up 8 - 8 & missing the playoffs.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need Geno to play better.

    The only obvious loss on the second half schedule is @Carolina, but unless we get better QB play we can't pencil in wins anywhere.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    glass half empty
    Honestly I could see us going 1-3 and I can see us going 4-0. Just depends on which team shows up. We still haven't won two in a row and that makes it hard for me to plan ahead. One at a time.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    screw that!!!! humble is for wimps..... this defense will dominate the next 7 games, 10 wins minimum!!!!

    go hide in a corner until the season ends.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Honestly I could see us going 1-3 and I can see us going 4-0. Just depends on which team shows up. We still haven't won two in a row and that makes it hard for me to plan ahead. One at a time.
    Sure man, it's all about perspective. There's no right or wrong way to be a fan. Both scenarios are plausible. I just like to root for the best but not get too down if the opposite comes true because **** happens

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    screw that!!!! humble is for wimps..... this defense will dominate the next 7 games, 10 wins minimum!!!!

    go hide in a corner until the season ends.
    Humbleness is success. What happens if we don't get to 10 wins? You're going to be mad the team? You're gonna go hide in a corner til the off-season with no hope? What if we get 9 wins but miss the playoffs? Or maybe 9 wins & make the playoffs?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    screw that!!!! humble is for wimps..... this defense will dominate the next 7 games, 10 wins minimum!!!!

    go hide in a corner until the season ends.
    Why can't we be confident and at the same time realize that we are facing some good teams? 10 wins is definitely a reasonable possibility. Nobody is saying there isn't a chance.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play to win the game... No way I thought Geno lead Jets could beat NO but something happens when Rex and the Jets punch you in the face... Ship happens

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    On paper, the Jets have a favorable schedule compared to the first half of the year. They face only one team with a winnning record as of right now. That being said, the Jets have been inconsistent and must prove that they can string a few consecutive wins together to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs. I'm trying NOT to wait for the other shoe to drop as my long suffering Jets fan instincts tell me to do, so I'm going to say that I'm confident that Geno imporves his game enough to where the Jets will beat the teams they're supposed to beat in the second half of the season and will be fighting for a playoff spot down to the wire.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope you are right but we somehow always manage to blow a Dolphins game and this team under Rex has absolutely gone into a shell against the Ravens. Not to mention that Carolina is looking pretty legit and that game is on the road where we have struggled at times this year.
    Our offense has been awful on the road. The one good performance (Falcons) has been severely diminished by how inept that team has turned out since that game. The Panthers will blow us out and the Ravens will probably blow us out if our road offense from the first 9 games shows up. That just has to change. I guess we'll get a better indication this week up in Buffalo, although they are 3-7.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Our offense has been awful on the road. The one good performance (Falcons) has been severely diminished by how inept that team has turned out since that game. The Panthers will blow us out and the Ravens will probably blow us out if our road offense from the first 9 games shows up. That just has to change. I guess we'll get a better indication this week up in Buffalo, although they are 3-7.
    Panthers aren't blowing anybody out. Their offense is suspect too. That will be a classic 17-10 game.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Panthers aren't blowing anybody out. Their offense is suspect too. That will be a classic 17-10 game.
    Check the Panthers schedule to date. They've recorded more blowouts than any team in football. I mean they have absolutely shelled 4 or 5 teams. Don't go by yesterday, their point differential is +99. Ours is -62, in case you were wondering.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Check the Panthers schedule to date. They've recorded more blowouts than any team in football. I mean they have absolutely shelled 4 or 5 teams. Don't go by yesterday, their point differential is +99. Ours is -62, in case you were wondering.
    I see that. Problem is they blew out the Giants, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, and Falcons. Our defense is better than those 5 teams. No, this will be a close game. Especially with Rex's success in facing a QB for the first time. I don't think the Jets win, but it will be close.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us