Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Network reporting Roethlisberger will ask for a trade

All League

NFL Network reporting Roethlisberger will ask for a trade

If this is true, and we have a shot at getting him (in the offseason since deadline has passed) do you do it?

EDIT: heres the link - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ffseason-trade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 11-10-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wow. We should inquire and see what they're asking for

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I feel the same way.....

Dont get me wrong, I like Geno, but if you have a shot at a SB winning QB with talent like Roethlisberger you gotta atleast explore the possibility of a trade.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Pass. He's a rapist and a scumbag

I would love to see him behind center next year! I however would not want to give up as much as other teams in an even worse QB position than us would be willing to. Not going to happen.

yea why don't we stunt the growth of our young QB by bringin in a distraction.....NO NO NO!!!!

Yes. He's a franchise qb. Sign me up

All Pro
    Not in a Million years would I want to see this low life under Center for my Team...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What's his cap number?

Yea thats how you devolop a young QB bring in premadonna QB.....the circus will be here again...

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Yea thats how you devolop a young QB bring in premadonna QB.....the circus will be here again...
    Not only that but Rapistburger has alot of mileage on him even more than other qbs from the '04 class because of the beating he has taken over the years playing behind a swiss cheese OL and the fact that he holds on to the ball forever. I wouldn't be shocked if he's out of the league in 3-4 years and has a hard time staying on the field in the meantime. Steelers would most likely ask for Geno + a 1st. No thanks this isn't like 2008 we didn't have a QB and had to trade for Favre. We have a young qb now.

An aging QB who would be in his 11th season in 2014 and is seemingly hurt often in recent years? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Yes. He's a franchise qb. Sign me up
    He needs to be traded to a place with looser rape laws.

Veteran
    you only bring in roethlisberger as a stop gap, if you're convinced geno's not your man. otherwise all the points about character, age and tread on the tires are of concern.

All Pro
    No way they trade him. Asking for a trade is much different than being traded. I'd have to see what happens with Geno the rest of the year, but I would definitely explore that option. I would have to go interview everyone including him, his family, team mates, and friends, all of his accusers, and the witnesses/police/attorneys involved with his cases, but a franchise QB would be nice to have. He has at least 6 years left.

Nope. Pass. I hate that guy. And he has taken a lot of hits in his career, he is close to having injuries catch up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Nope. Pass. I hate that guy. And he has taken a lot of hits in his career, he is close to having injuries catch up to him.
    Steelers know exactly when to get rid of someone. Look at how Santonio has blown up in our faces. This isn't like 2008 when we didn't have a qb.

Geno > Big Ben and isn't as rapey.

if it happens, would be shocked if he was traded to the AFC

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Geno > Big Ben and isn't as rapey.
    Idk, man. That sexy glare of his just makes me feel like he's undressing me with his eyes.