Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver reporting Philbin and Ireland won't survive scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Am I the only one hoping nobody gets sacked down there?...keep the circus going
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I hope they keep both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Off-season champs again, just goes to show there is right and wrong way to build.
    +INFINITY

Agree 1000%

I sure hope not. I want them to stay that way so they can keep sucking. If they fire them, they might accidently stumble upon a good coach that helps them turn things around

Quote Originally Posted by PlayboiX View Post
    I sure hope not. I want them to stay that way so they can keep sucking. If they fire them, they might accidently stumble upon a good coach that helps them turn things around
    LeL... Something makes me kinda doubt this.

However it would certainly be by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    All this, yet I still don't remember seeing "circus" being shouted by the media. As a matter of fact, NFLN has a preview or something for MNF that says something to the effect of "Let's stop talking about the Dolphins and start watching them". Really? Where was this last year when the Jets were deemed a circus/joke? And none of our players molested any golf course workers, bullied their teammates, left obscene voicemails for teammates, etc.

Ah, the beautiful hypocrisy of the media and tv networks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Kathy Ireland?
    she IS scandalous...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +INFINITY

Agree 1000%
    There's no such thing as 1000%. It doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Really, that's all you have is nitpicking on a typo?? Ok, you got me. Forgive me as I typed and watched the games. You really need to get a life or go to the Pats site(s).

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yes it does. 1000% = 10 times the value of something. As in a business' profits went up 1000% from the previous year/quarter. That would mean said business made 10 times more the previous amount
    Last edited by PlayboiX; 11-11-2013 at 01:24 AM.

I think firing Philbin and Ireland is going overboard and is too reactionary. Sometimes things just crop up all of a sudden. Remember, this is the first time Philbin has been a HC, so it is not ridiculous to think he's going to make some mistakes. If the Dolphins stay with him, he'll cure their woes. For Jeff Ireland, I think he hired the right guy in Philbin to guide the Dolphins. But Jeff Ireland himself may be the guy most likely to get fired. He's said some pretty ignorant things in the past. Almost to the level of ignorance Richie Incognito is showing. But he still hired the right guy IMO.

All Pro
    Yes it does. 1000% = 10 times the value of something. As in a business' profits went up 1000% from the previous year/quarter. That would mean said business made 10 times more the previous amount
    Well that's a good point, in terms of increases 1000% does exist. In terms of absolutes (e.g., certainty in a belief) it does not. But Jetssjumets is right, it was a nitpicky thing to say. Cheerfully withdrawn.

The Bounty and Belicheat scandals cost their teams draft picks

Ireland should be gone, Philbin suspended for 8 games, the Dolphins charged 500,000. And a number One Pick. Without these type of sanctions the NFL is just not serious. Kindly note, I am a mean and vindictive person, who remembers all those circus remarks, Patriot and Dolphin fans are awfully quiet now.

Hall Of Fame
    Hell yeah, I'd like to see this "braintrust" running that show for years....

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Ireland should be entrenched for next 8 years, Philbin suspended for 8 games, the Dolphins charged 500,000. And a number One Pick. Without these type of sanctions the NFL is just not serious. Kindly note, I am a mean and vindictive person, who remembers all those circus remarks, Patriot and Dolphin fans are awfully quiet now.
    Fixed as a bigger punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think firing Philbin and Ireland is going overboard and is too reactionary. Sometimes things just crop up all of a sudden. Remember, this is the first time Philbin has been a HC, so it is not ridiculous to think he's going to make some mistakes. If the Dolphins stay with him, he'll cure their woes. For Jeff Ireland, I think he hired the right guy in Philbin to guide the Dolphins. But Jeff Ireland himself may be the guy most likely to get fired. He's said some pretty ignorant things in the past. Almost to the level of ignorance Richie Incognito is showing. But he still hired the right guy IMO.
    Ireland is the one who asked Dez Bryant whether his mother did drugs and was a prostitute...

He deserves to be gone, IMO.

Philbin deserves to be gone, too, if he indeed put Richie up to this "toughen him up" business.

You are correct, but in all honesty, I did not mean 1000%; that was a typo. I meant to say 100%. I can't type at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Ireland is the one who asked Dez Bryant whether his mother did drugs and was a prostitute...

He deserves to be gone, IMO.

Philbin deserves to be gone, too, if he indeed put Richie up to this "toughen him up" business.
    I hear you and do not disagree. However, from a competitve standpoint, I would not mind seeing this regime in Miami stick around. Highly unlikely given what is currently in the public domain.

Meanwhile, I am home today watching ESPN all morning. During commercial breaks on Mike & Mike this morning, a video clip was shown of former Bills, Panthers and Colts GM Bill Polian from a M&M show last week. As a former NFL Gm with more than 30 years experience, he said on the show: "the NFL locker room is a workplace that is subjected to the laws of the United States and the states for which the club resides." The very argument many of us have been making the past few days. I went to ESPN's site to search for the clip. It is pasted below. Polian's comments are around 6:30.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9929828

In regards media bias, once again, just as Friday's show, ESPN's 1st Take did not address the Miami situation until 8:30 am PST -- 3/4 of the way into the show. For a study in contrast, look how much time the show dedicated regarding the Jets; and how many times this show led their broadcast about the Jets. Double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I hear you and do not disagree. However, from a competitve standpoint, I would not mind seeing this regime in Miami stick around. Highly unlikely given what is currently in the public domain.

Meanwhile, I am home today watching ESPN all morning. During commercial breaks on Mike & Mike this morning, a video clip was shown of former Bills, Panthers and Colts GM Bill Polian from a M&M show last week. As a former NFL Gm with more than 30 years experience, he said on the show: "the NFL locker room is a workplace that is subjected to the laws of the United States and the states for which the club resides." The very argument many of us have been making the past few days. I went to ESPN's site to search for the clip. It is pasted below. Polian's comments are around 6:30.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9929828

In regards media bias, once again, just as Friday's show, ESPN's 1st Take did not address the Miami situation until 8:30 am PST -- 3/4 of the way into the show. For a study in contrast, look how much time the show dedicated regarding the Jets; and how many times this show led their broadcast about the Jets. Double standard.

And you are "surprised" by this?