Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets will work out FA WR's this week.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Jets will work out FA WR's this week.

As per Manish.

With Kerley expected to be out for several weeks the Jets will bring some possible signees over the next few days. No particular players were mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    As per Manish.

With Kerley expected to be out for several weeks the Jets will bring some possible signees over the next few days. No particular players were mentioned.
    Why is Braylon Edwards not on this team ? He is better then Hill, he is a joke,

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Only reason I can come up with is that he's still not 100% health-wise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Because he sucks. He was cut for a reason

All Pro
    Maybe we find another Diamond in the rough... most of our midseason aquisitions have looked good and made an Impact - Cribbs, Sudfeld, Salas, Nelson...

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Because he sucks. He was cut for a reason
    He is better than Hill and Gates, Edwards made a catch in preseason that both of those could only dream of catching. Hill is awful, Why is he still on this team ?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Idzik is not interested in guys on their way out of the league.

He is better than Hill and Gates, Edwards made a catch in preseason that both of those could only dream of catching. Hill is awful, Why is he still on this team ?
    People who spend 20 hours a day thinking about these issues think otherwise

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Maybe we find another Diamond in the rough... most of our midseason aquisitions have looked good and made an Impact - Cribbs, Sudfeld, Salas, Nelson...
    Really!! Who needs the draft?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    As per Manish.

It's about time, they should've started this last week and given whomever they sign some additional time to learn the new playbook.

Jets Insider VIP
    All the more reason to be impressed with Geno. He is throwing to the hot dog vendor and parking lot guy. And they have stepped up. Imagine a healthy Number ONE WR and cast like 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    People who spend 20 hours a day thinking about these issues think otherwise
    Really, Maybe thats why they have not won anything since 1969 ?

Jets Insider VIP
    If Braylon had anything left, he would have been on another roster right now. Just because he was a Jet once is not an automatic invite.
    I'd rather they look at Brad Smith instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can't wait for Braylon to retire so we can finally put this sh*t to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If Braylon had anything left, he would have been on another roster right now. Just because he was a Jet once is not an automatic invite.
    I'd rather they look at Brad Smith instead.
    I know this is going to shock some people, especially Savage, but I agree with what Fishooked said.

If he had anything left, he'd be on the Jets by now. Heck, if he had anything left, he wouldn't have been cut in favor of Clyde Friggin' Gates.

Jets Insider VIP
    Really, Maybe thats why they have not won anything since 1969 ?
    I think he meant..ALL TEAMS not just the Jets. If Braylon were good, he'd be on any team.

Jets Insider VIP
    TO Wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    All the more reason to be impressed with Geno. He is throwing to the hot dog vendor and parking lot guy. And they have stepped up. Imagine a healthy Number ONE WR and cast like 2010.
    I've been thinking the exact same thing the whole season.

Can you imagine how sick Geno is going to look throwing the ball if he has just 1/2 the talent those rag-arms Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton usually have to throw to?

Loving every second when I see a team hand a rag-arm a $100Mill+ contract and then all of a sudden it's all on him to look like he deserved that money because all of a sudden he doesn't have an All-Pro at every skill position, because then I compare the results of what our ROOKIE QB has to throw to and what his record is.

I was watching NFL Net and there was the usual banter among the announcers and someone said,"How could we all have been so wrong about the Jets?" and then Deion Sanders said (and I agree),"We weren't wrong about the Jets, we all thought Mark Sanchez was going to start, one thing I can say about Geno Smith, he can streeeeeeetch the field, Sanchez can't".

Sanchez starts the first 9 games, throwing to the same hot dog vendors and parking lot guys...Jets are 1-8 at best, and all the "experts" are proven correct, and then we hear whatever apologists Sanchez has left say,"But look at who he has to throw to"....not that big a deal for Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    per Manish
    Per Brick City.