Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rex addresses not taking a knee vs. NO

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    But....

There have been at least a couple of games where poor clock management has left us having to punt with too much time left on the clock and the other team has marched down the field either to tie, go ahead or ice the game on us. So yes, I am pretty confident that "leaks" like this one in Rex's game have already cost this team several results since Rex became HC.

Does another miracle in the Meadowlands have to take place before it is OK to point out this weakness?
    I don't recall any losses related directly (keyword) to that issue. If you know of any tell me. But he has had snags with that.

M
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 11-14-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

They asked MM about it today and he said it was him that called the running plays.. But since Rex is the HC it was his fault anyway I suppose.. http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...5-11a0598b98c8

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They asked MM about it today and he said it was him that called the running plays.. But since Rex is the HC it was his fault anyway I suppose.. http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...5-11a0598b98c8
    What this shows me is the reason so many players want to play for Rex... he's willing to take the bullet, instead of throwing someone under the proverbial bus. Even though he can be buffoon at times, his leadership in this aspect is admirable.

To be honest, since Rex has been here I believe that the offensive coordinator has always had a big say in time management situations. Schotty just used to be very good at it, while Marty isn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did he really say "Pull a Herm?

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Did he really say "Pull a Herm?
    Yes he did.

I'm sure Herm was "thrilled"...

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Ray, I'm not sure of the particular thread you are talking about but if you were specifically trying to defend Rex on this clock management issue, how are you owed an apology? If you were talking about defending Rex on a macro basis, its largely irrelevant because we are talking about this one issue.

Frankly, I don't really understand what your post is talking about other than demanding an apology from some group of posters. But, lets put it out in the open....do you admit that Rex flubbed this call? Can you be objective enough to admit that, putting aside whatever feelings you have for him and the Jets, in this particular instance, he fuked up? What say you?
    I'm not going to dig up the thread, and clutter up the board with crap, I'm the one trying to defuse it most of the time. But it's out there.

Sure I can be objective, I usually am, not sure why people think I'm not, just because I don't partake in the knee-jerk reactionary emotions that often get pasted all over this board when things don't go our way doesn't mean that many of the criticisms aren't accurate.

The call didn't appear to be Rex's, it sure seemed to me Mornhinweg admitted to botching it, and yes, I agree that the segment of plays was incorrect, I also scratched my head watching it, but I sure didn't think it warranted the discussion that ensued.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-16-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm not going to dig up the thread, and clutter up the board with crap, I'm the one trying to defuse it most of the time. But it's out there.

Sure I can be objective, I usually am, not sure why people think I'm not, just because I don't partake in the knee-jerk reactionary emotions that often get pasted all over this board when things don't go our way doesn't mean that many of the criticisms aren't accurate.

The call didn't appear to be Rex's, it sure seemed to me Mornhinweg admitted to botching it, and yes, I agree that the segment of plays was incorrect, I also scratched my head watching it, but I sure didn't think it warranted the discussion that ensued.
    My guess was that it was MM's mistake. Rex always takes the heat off of everyone else, though. Probably one reason the players love him.