Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: QB Skyler Mornhinweg (son of Marty) starting today for Florida

  1. #1

    QB Skyler Mornhinweg (son of Marty) starting today for Florida

    I think he is a red shirt freshman and has to play due to injuries

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    kool.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,759
    Skyler is a girl's name, no?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Skyler is a girl's name, no?
    I thought so too. I guess it's both.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,759
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I thought so too. I guess it's both.
    Both boy and girl. Seeing a lot more of that stuff these days.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,740
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Skyler is a girl's name, no?
    Not a girl or boy's name, one of those fake made up names.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Not a girl or boy's name, one of those fake made up names.
    Aren't all names made up? I mean outside of Adam and Eve?

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Aren't all names made up? I mean outside of Adam and Eve?
    No, there is a current trend of using last names as first names, and last names originated (at least some of them) from a person's occupation, ie tailor, cooper, mason, etc. Schuyler is Dutch for scholar, the spelling was changed to make it readable and look like a first name.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, there is a current trend of using last names as first names, and last names originated (at least some of them) from a person's occupation, ie tailor, cooper, mason, etc. Schuyler is Dutch for scholar, the spelling was changed to make it readable and look like a first name.
    So where do first names come from?
    Because I know some first names have become last names and some last names were originally first names.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,092
    George Carlin is rolling in his grave.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,759
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    George Carlin is rolling in his grave.
    Great skit.


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    So where do first names come from?
    Because I know some first names have become last names and some last names were originally first names.
    Those descended from the Judeo-Christian tradition or Europe speaking a Romance language primarily used biblical names (Old & New Testament) or variations of biblical names as the first name. Hence, the term Christian name as opposed to Family name. For boys, think of the original saints (no, not Archie Manning) and for girls, well, they all got named Mary...

    That being said, nowhere in any religious text in any religion in any part of the world does the name D'Brickashaw appear.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by doublel9 View Post
    Those descended from the Judeo-Christian tradition or Europe speaking a Romance language primarily used biblical names (Old & New Testament) or variations of biblical names as the first name. Hence, the term Christian name as opposed to Family name. For boys, think of the original saints (no, not Archie Manning) and for girls, well, they all got named Mary...

    That being said, nowhere in any religious text in any religion in any part of the world does the name D'Brickashaw appear.
    I got nothing from that. Lol

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, there is a current trend of using last names as first names, and last names originated (at least some of them) from a person's occupation, ie tailor, cooper, mason, etc. Schuyler is Dutch for scholar, the spelling was changed to make it readable and look like a first name.
    What's your name?

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, there is a current trend of using last names as first names, and last names originated (at least some of them) from a person's occupation, ie tailor, cooper, mason, etc. Schuyler is Dutch for scholar, the spelling was changed to make it readable and look like a first name.
    So the kid is a scholar. Not bad. That's a good quality for a QB.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,755
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Great skit.

    Man, I miss him. His humor always had an element of truth to it.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What's your name?
    John Hancock

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What's your name?
    Christina

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,759
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Man, I miss him. His humor always had an element of truth to it.
    That is the key to great comedy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us