Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed cut by Houston Texans (merged)

Ed Reed cut by Houston Texans (merged)

According to sources Ed Reed has been cut by the Houston Texans. I think if youre Rex you have to go take a look at this guy. He knows Rex's defense and can certainly help us out and rotate with Allen and Landry.

Ed Reed released by Texans

Should we??

All League
    Man that would be a nice addition to the rotation, bringing leadership and knowledge of the D to the table.

Gotta admit though he didn't look close to the same player in the playoffs last year and I havent seen him play this season personally so who knows how much help Ed would be.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

IN before the stbsm crowd!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Should we??
    Absolutely. This actually makes sense. Unfortunate for Josh Bush, who is a nice player, but is probably the odd man out.

We don't need an old, slow safety.

This is a young, fast team right now - let's keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Should we??
    We still have Wilson right?

Rookie
    Donīt know about this one...

Texans released S Ed Reed.
    A shell of himself at age 35 with hip and knee issues, Reed had been demoted to third-string safety behind Shiloh Keo and D.J. Swearinger. In the Week 10 loss at Arizona, he only logged 12 snaps while playing exclusively in dime packages. After the game, Reed said Texans were "outplayed" and "outcoached." With the 2-7 Texans now in rebuilding mode, they don't need a proud veteran like Reed griping. They'll eat the $6 million guaranteed they gave the ex-Raven back in March and move on. Reed is a nine-time Pro Bowler and future Hall of Famer, but any team bringing him in should keep expectations in check. He's near the end of the line. Nov 12 - 12:36 PM

Not that I've really watched the Texans this year, but I assume he has nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    We don't need an old, slow safety.

This is a young, fast team right now - let's keep it that way.
    Exactly. He is so old and slow now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Age and injuries have caught up with him. Pass.

One of the few non-Jets defensive players I've ever loved. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him here, even if his physical talents have diminished. He still knows Rex's system, and he'd be a perfect fit since he'd be an upgrade over Bush at FS while Antonio Allen has the strong safety position wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Absolutely. This actually makes sense. Unfortunate for Josh Bush, who is a nice player, but is probably the odd man out.
    Definitely. You'd think it'd be between us, Cinci, Indy, and Baltimore, considering he will know all of those schemes from playing with the HC. Indy is stacked at Safety, and he might still be upset with Baltimore, and he hasn't played with Marvin Lewis in like a decade. I hope we inquire Reed. Him and Allen would be a dynamic Safety duo. We play a lot of 3 Safety looks anyway, and that's what Landry seems to be best fitted for. SIGN THIS BEAST!

We probably should if he's healthy to keep him away from NE

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    We probably should if he's healthy to keep him away from NE
    Yep I agree. If he doesn't cost much he can be a nice addition.

The thing about Reed is that even though he might be at the end of it physically, he can still read a defense and use his mind. Also could be a great mentor to Allen and Milliner.

looks like he has to pass through waivers first so a team may have a shot at him before us. Just have to pick up the rest of his salary for this year at a little more than 400K. I would do it. Hes a leader and would bring credibility to the secondary

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    looks like he has to pass through waivers first so a team may have a shot at him before us. Just have to pick up the rest of his salary for this year at a little more than 400K. I would do it. Hes a leader and would bring credibility to the secondary
    does a vet with that kind of time in still have to go through the waiver process?

Reed= Bart Scott from last year.

Done.