Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Could Sanchez Pull an Alex Smith and take a...

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think we have to give him a few million if he is on the roster by March 2. If so, he must go!
    Says late march his 2 mil roster bonus is due. Man that is odd it is usually after the draft those are due. When they actually post the rosters. Yeah he will be goes just before that dead line.

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    Bite me dude it is not a joke but pure fact.watch he will have a good season and the sojf will complain and be bitter. It is the blind hate that pisses me off. the first two yrs we went toafc championship game not because of him but with him the next yr the oline degrades he gets the **** whacked out of him looses talen around him and 8-8 with a *****y team quitting holmes as his primary target
    the next yr the same team as a whole regresses further with oline issues slightly improved but no running game a completely ****ty o-cordinator and less talen skilled wise.
    this yr not saying he looked great but ok with some better talent ,with the same talent Geno has around him Sanchez would put up the same record because he has already proved he goes as the team goes.
    not taking anything away from Geno he should prosper with talent around him something he does not have as well.

neither Qb has really jumped out as some of of the other qbs that have come out recently. not bad but not really great somewhere in between. being a realist you should see that.

The only way I think Sanchez has any value to us is if after the surgery, there are multiple reports that the velocity on his arm is back. If that's true, I could see a team taking a shot at him, but that's a far stretch. I think he's done here one way or another. If the velocity returns, teams can atleast correlate his dip in production or lack of progression into an injury factor and try to bring him in as competition for a young player they just picked but might not be the starter right away. However, even then we're talking late round pick AT BEST, so nothing to get excited about. Realistically, he's cut after the season and we move on.

Hall Of Fame
    sanchez is done here but the haters are completely stupid. He is going to go somewhere and have a good season and the haters are going to ask why he could not do it here and curse him more. real football fans know the deal limited offensive weapons piss poor offensive coordinators no running game or online.
    With the upgrades sanchez would have the same record only an idiot would think otherwise
    The haters can suck my ^%$^& seriously bite me. you all need to learn the sport prolly the people tweeting hate to revis also
    grow up!

lol @ anyone still defending Mark. Sanchez failed because he's an AWFUL QB, not because the entire football world was out to ruin him. When are people going to stop babying a 27 year old man? Going into his fifth year, he was still checking down to dlineman. No thank you. Let's move on.

There were alot of things that went wrong for him, i still think he could be a starter in the league, like in Cleveland or something.

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    ...PAY CUT???

Back in 2009 Alex Smith was going into the 5th year of a his bloated rookie contract, which was prior to the current CBA; it did not have the rookie scale. Up to that point, he had put up numbers that would make even Sanchez throw up in his mouth. In 4 years he completed just 54.6% of his passes, threw 19 TDs to 31 INTs and started roughly half the games due of injury or poor play. Like Sanchez it was a far gone conclusion that the 49ers would cut Smith as he was set to make approximately 10M the upcoming season, an amount not commensurate with his play up to date. However, a funny thing happened on the way to the guillotine. Rather than starting over with a new team, Smith restructured his contract and sharply reduced his base salary. In short, he took a massive pay cut. All he asked and was given in return was the "opportunity to compete" for the QB1 spot. In hindsight, this deal turned out great for both parties.

Maybe, I've missed it but I yet to see this scenario discussed anywhere. I see this as a very possible outcome with Sanchez and the Jets when you look at it from both sides. Here are some reasons I thought off below.

Sanchez
    1. He loves MM, Lee and the WCO.
    2. It's a competition he could win.
    3. Where else is he going to find a team with a good defense and running game and that's young?
    4. He would have the chance to dish out a WHOLE lot of crow if he were to turn his career around here.

Jets
    1. At worst Sanchez we have a viable veteran back-up that's PROVEN he can win with a good defense and running game at a reasonable price.
    2. We he will be a good teammate and not a malcontent.
    3. We prove that the "competition" mantra is not just lip service.
    4. We have played ourselves out of contention for a bluechip QB prospect in 2014 and we are still not completely sold on Geno.
    5. Maybe we can flip Sanchez into a draft pick in a couple years like the 49ers did.

Thoughts?
    BUMP! This may not be as far fetch after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Alex Smith sucks.
    This and Sanchez hopes to one day be that good. I'm not sure why any one would want him back. 4 years never once looked even like an average starter. I'd rather Quinn come back. That is how bad he was people Brady Fn Quinn is a better option.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This and Sanchez hopes to one day be that good. I'm not sure why any one would want him back. 4 years never once looked even like an average starter. I'd rather Quinn come back. That is how bad he was people Brady Fn Quinn is a better option.
    Really during his 4 year stint he didn't look like an average starter? I don't know what you people smoke. He fell apart but there were times where he played like an above average qb. If you really think Brady Quinn is a better option, then you don't watch a lot of football.

Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    Really during his 4 year stint he didn't look like an average starter? I don't know what you people smoke. He fell apart but there were times where he played like an above average qb. If you really think Brady Quinn is a better option, then you don't watch a lot of football.
    Your watching the wrong Sanchez if you ever thought he looked above average. lol I dont even know what to say to that. An average QB in 4 years will have over an 80QBR or 3500 yards or even 60 comp %. His 3rd year was his best year and even that year he was easy bottom 5 QB in the league. How is that average? He will go down with names like Russel, Lief, Couch, and Lienart. Quinn was an epic failure but for this team yes Quinn is a better option. Quinn may not have better numbers but Mark could never do the simplest things. The team also quit on him twice. I dont think we could put him in at all and expect anything better then what we have seen in the past. He never even learned how to hand the ball off right. I have never seen a QB intercepted checking down as much as Mark has in his career. That is kindergarten play right there. Dont think either are worth 10c but Mark is without a doubt not right for the direction of the team in any way.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Sanchez will be a decent QB somewhere, if given a chance with some skill players and OL that can keep him upright. I always felt this year was his last ****, but then another stupid preseason injury blew thatu and we had to throw the raw rookie into the fire (like bad teams do) instead of groom him for the future (like good teams do).

Amazing that people think Geno is better at this point. Thus far, he looks like he has a good arm but defenses figured him out and he gets easily rattled with interceptions.

But... is that better than Sanchez, who would pout and frown? Both have the wrong body language and attitude when something goes wrong. And despite both having physical tools, it is why they both fail.

You know what I see with the best QBs do after an INT? They are PISSED. They are ANGRY. And what do they do? They look at the defense sheets. They study with extreme interest and see what went wrong. They figure out what to adjust to correct it. And then they fire up the troops. And they go out and burn the defense up, making sure they get two or three scores for every turnover to make up for it.

Granted, even the best struggle, especially early on, but ATTITUDE and ATTACKING problems instead of being a pouting, doubting cry baby is the difference. Unfortunately, I see it in neither of these guys, but I certainly see more of it in Sanchez, who I felt wasn't fiery enough and got rattled after a bad throw as well. Geno is even worse. He's too lackadaisical, and looks like a lazy zombie after a mistake.

This team needs to draft or sign TOP TALENT skill positions, especially at WR and TE. And if they let Sanchez go (I wish he'd take a pay cut and sign a 1 year deal for one LAST chance..), they must sign another QB to challenge Geno or draft another QB to groom.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 12-01-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    sanchez is done here but the haters are completely stupid. He is going to go somewhere and have a good season and the haters are going to ask why he could not do it here and curse him more. real football fans know the deal limited offensive weapons piss poor offensive coordinators no running game or online.
    With the upgrades sanchez would have the same record only an idiot would think otherwise
    The haters can suck my ^%$^& seriously bite me. you all need to learn the sport prolly the people tweeting hate to revis also
    time for you to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The only thing I would like to see Sanchez do that is similar to Alex Smith is play for a team other than the NY Jets.
    LOL!

Geno is better than Sanchez!!

I kinda think the OP was onto something.

If Sanchez went the Alex Smith route and took a MASSIVE paycut to stay in NY? Why not keep him and let him compete w Geno? You still have the cap space to sign FAs, veteran QB situation is solved and who knows, maybe Sanchez can pull something out of his ass.

It's better than signing the Chad Hennes and Josh McCowns of the world.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJets69 View Post
    I kinda think the OP was onto something.

If Sanchez went the Alex Smith route and took a MASSIVE paycut to stay in NY? Why not keep him and let him compete w Geno? You still have the cap space to sign FAs, veteran QB situation is solved and who knows, maybe Sanchez can pull something out of his ass.

It's better than signing the Chad Hennes and Josh McCowns of the world.
    I agree you are going to find anyone with the quality experience that he has and he is still very young. He knows the system.

The only guy I have seen that I would consider so far would be Matt Cassell. I think he fits the system well and played ok this past season. Unless someone else shakes free there arent many options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Unless Geno gets hurt there is no chance Sanchez can beat out Geno!!
    Geno was the lowest ranked QB in Football last year !

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Geno was the lowest ranked QB in Football last year !
    And Sanchez has been every year he has played.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    ...PAY CUT???

Back in 2009 Alex Smith was going into the 5th year of a his bloated rookie contract, which was prior to the current CBA; it did not have the rookie scale. Up to that point, he had put up numbers that would make even Sanchez throw up in his mouth. In 4 years he completed just 54.6% of his passes, threw 19 TDs to 31 INTs and started roughly half the games due of injury or poor play. Like Sanchez it was a far gone conclusion that the 49ers would cut Smith as he was set to make approximately 10M the upcoming season, an amount not commensurate with his play up to date. However, a funny thing happened on the way to the guillotine. Rather than starting over with a new team, Smith restructured his contract and sharply reduced his base salary. In short, he took a massive pay cut. All he asked and was given in return was the "opportunity to compete" for the QB1 spot. In hindsight, this deal turned out great for both parties.

Maybe, I've missed it but I yet to see this scenario discussed anywhere. I see this as a very possible outcome with Sanchez and the Jets when you look at it from both sides. Here are some reasons I thought off below.

Sanchez
    1. He loves MM, Lee and the WCO.
    2. It's a competition he could win.
    3. Where else is he going to find a team with a good defense and running game and that's young?
    4. He would have the chance to dish out a WHOLE lot of crow if he were to turn his career around here.

Jets
    1. At worst Sanchez we have a viable veteran back-up that's PROVEN he can win with a good defense and running game at a reasonable price.
    2. We he will be a good teammate and not a malcontent.
    3. We prove that the "competition" mantra is not just lip service.
    4. We have played ourselves out of contention for a bluechip QB prospect in 2014 and we are still not completely sold on Geno.
    5. Maybe we can flip Sanchez into a draft pick in a couple years like the 49ers did.

Thoughts?
    This was a great OP when it was first posted only the YAHOO brigade would or could have thought this was insane!!

Sanchez would be fine as a back up here but I truly believe that he can start in this league and will be saying so in my posts next year... Amazing how Pete Carroll said during SB week that Sanchez is going to do fine in this league, that he will a very good QB.. I know, I know what the hell does Pete Carroll know about football!!!

Wierd thing about Sanchez is he was actually a much better playoff qb than regular season qb. Guy has that slacker mentality that can kill you during the regular season but in the playoffs facing a great defense on the road in chaotic situations somehow he held it together. He'll end up as a backup somewhere next year definitely not here.