Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long is Mornhinweg inked for?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

How long is Mornhinweg inked for?

I hope its longer than a 1 year deal. I would hate to see him leave after the season and then we have to start over. Not to mention how having to learn a new system could stunt Geno's growth. I have been checking around and can't find any info.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I hope its longer than a 1 year deal. I would hate to see him leave after the season and then we have to start over. Not to mention how having to learn a new system could stunt Geno's growth. I have been checking around and can't find any info.
    I have to think that this is just a one-year tryout courtesy of Idzik.

From what I've seen, I think Idzik will sign him to whatever extension that Rex gets(IF he gets it).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really doesn't matter with the job the entire staff has done I believe everyone (Rex on down)
    will get a 2 year extension after the season

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be surprise it MM gets some HC offers this off-season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Sadly.... but Woody should throw money at him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think he'll get looked at seriously for a HC job. The guy had an awfully unsuccessful tenure as a HC and I think it will take more than 1 year with the Jets offense to audition himself. I'd be surprised in him leaving for another OC position assuming his deal is up given that he can stay here for a few years and if he builds Geno into a legit starter in the NFL, that can be his springboard to another HC gig.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I would be SHOCKED if Marty is even mentioned as a possible HC candidate, let alone get any actual interviews.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Highly doubt it. He was historically bad as an HC and has never gotten a sniff since

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...I would be SHOCKED if Marty is even mentioned as a possible HC candidate, let alone get any actual interviews.
    Who would have thought Mangini would have landed another HC gig so quickly after the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who would have thought Mangini would have landed another HC gig so quickly after the Jets?
    Yep...Thats what I thought. How'd that workout for the Browns?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, but Mangini's record was light years better than MM's. Plus, how did that work out for the Browns?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And where is Mangini now? yeah.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, Mangini had two winning seasons including a playoff appearance. Marty won 5 games in two seasons and elected to kickoff in an OT game (under the old OT rules no less). Love the guy as an OC right now, but I would think he needs to string together some prolific offensive years to get HC calls again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And where is Mangini now? yeah.
    I understand what you guys are saying but the point is there was a team desperate enough to give him a shot. Who knows how some bottom dweller might view MMs success this year? Schiano may be gone after this year, and Tampa is starting a rookie QB. If Geno keeps developing MM will look like a QB guru.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    so this is a somewhat naive perspective, but I have to believe that MM is personally invested in Geno's growth at this point and would want to give it at least one more season with the Jets to see what he can do with him. also I think he's been around the block enough times to understand the value of a great work environment, even in the face of any potential HC offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to believe whether the Jets sign him or if he were signed already, if he gets a head coaching chance they will let him go. They won't hold him back from taking that job. He has been in the league too long and has had too much success as a coordinator to deny him a HC position or even an interview if it came up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    I don't think he'll get looked at seriously for a HC job. The guy had an awfully unsuccessful tenure as a HC and I think it will take more than 1 year with the Jets offense to audition himself. I'd be surprised in him leaving for another OC position assuming his deal is up given that he can stay here for a few years and if he builds Geno into a legit starter in the NFL, that can be his springboard to another HC gig.
    Exactly...

He definitely won't be looked at seriously for HC. Just the woe is me Jets fan thinking anything good is going to be taken away from them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    I think it will take more than 1 year with the Jets offense to audition himself. I'd be surprised in him leaving for another OC position assuming his deal is up given that he can stay here for a few years and if he builds Geno into a legit starter in the NFL, that can be his springboard to another HC gig.
    Totally agree...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would MM want to leave? The only teams that would give him a chance this season are bottom feeders. Didn't work for him in Detroit, and after his 5-27 record in 2 years as HC he may only get one more crack at it. I think hes got a few years left with the Jets. Will pay the man, he seems happy at the surface.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be shocked