Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long is Mornhinweg inked for?

All Pro
    He's already the HC of half the team. Mirror image of the old Bears model, where Ditka was the figurehead and ran the O, while some guy named Ryan ran the D.

Marty is a great OC, but I don't think he will be an NFL HC again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    He's already the HC of half the team. Mirror image of the old Bears model, where Ditka was the figurehead and ran the O, while some guy named Ryan ran the D.

Same in New Orleans.. Payton/Ryan.. Saints won few yrs ago when Payton had Williams as dcord.. Rob is better, but Williams used the bounty system very effectively

Same in New Orleans.. Payton/Ryan.. Saints won few yrs ago when Payton had Williams as dcord.. Rob is better, but Williams used the bounty system very effectively

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

You don't say.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Coaching contracts are rarely for one year only for precisely the reason that we are talking about - we don't want guys bolting for a new gig after some moderate success here. Unless MM gets a HC job, he's here next year.

All Pro
    MM has tattoos? Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Exactly...

He definitely won't be looked at seriously for HC. Just the woe is me Jets fan thinking anything good is going to be taken away from them.
    Sadly enough, Jets fans had the same panic when Schotty was getting some HC interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I hope its longer than a 1 year deal. I would hate to see him leave after the season and then we have to start over. Not to mention how having to learn a new system could stunt Geno's growth. I have been checking around and can't find any info.
    Hopefully its a lifetime contract.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Sadly enough, Jets fans had the same panic when Schotty was getting some HC interviews.
    Lol ... Panic that it might be a dream that I would soon have to wake from perhaps

How was Belicheat his first time as a NFL HC or Pete Carroll? MM also had the worst GM in the history of football during that span.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Who would have thought Mangini would have landed another HC gig so quickly after the Jets?
    And
    Buddy Ryan
    Romeo Crennel
    Pete Carroll
    Norv Turner
    Bill Belichick
    Wade Phillips
    Richi Kotite
    Herm Edwards

But for some strange reason people believe MM will not get interviews...LMAO. Even ****ty got interviewed for a HC job.

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    And
    Buddy Ryan
    Romeo Crennel
    Pete Carroll
    Norv Turner
    Bill Belichick
    Wade Phillips
    Richi Kotite
    Herm Edwards

But for some strange reason people believe MM will not get interviews...LMAO. Even ****ty got interviewed for a HC job.
    He will get interviewed. I highly doubt he is top on anyones list. You really never know though. He could be the 3rd option on someones board and the 1st 2 go elsewhere. Didnt 3 people reject the Philly job last year before Chip said he'd do it?