Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign Ed Reed - it's official (merged Reed)

Veteran
    you almost figured out how to smoke pot without anyone knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This is one of those situations where bringing in Reed is harmless.
    Who do we have at safety that he would be stunting their growth? Bush? Barely plays as it is.
    Allen will still play a lot.
    As a Jet fan, what do I care about Woodys money? $450-$800 thou means nothing to me, will have no meaning next year & having Reed in the playoffs ( knock on wood) would be awesome!
    Imagine, If we play the Pats again & we could have Allen on Gronk & Reed playing FS in nickel & dime.
    I'm praying we sign him for this 7 game run, the AFC is getting really strange right now & I don't think there is any team in the AFC that Rex & Marty couldn't put a game plan together to beat. Any given Sunday especially this year.
    Jets are a scary team to draw in the playoffs!
    Good Dline, a QB that can sling it & run, which means he only has to have a breakout game once to send you home.
    Mannings ankles are not gonna get better, the dude is like 90, Bradys one hit away from breaking, KC has been beating up on the sisters of the poor, ( does anyone actually think KC would be undefeated if they played our schedule this year?)
    Pats X 2, @ Cincy, Saints?
    If we get in the tournament, anything can happen, plus Rex & the Jets will be free wheeling into these games looser than goose sh*t!
    If just to rub ESPNs bullsh*t all over their noses! going from the 32nd ranked team in the preseason to scary playoff spoiler in 5 months would be such sweet revenge...I can taste it!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    our GM is pretty conventional if he picks up Reed he'll drop someone from that position. He doesn't want lack of position depth Idzik is too by the book with that. He'll adjust prior to the season but mid-season he'll keep the numbers looking the same, I'm pretty sure of it. Although I think he should leave off Sapp or Davis .. I agree with you but I doubt he'd do that.
    Normally, I would agree, but they had five safeties active for the NO game and already cut Rontez Miles this week. If they add Reed to the mix, I could see them releasing one of the outside linebackers, especially with McIntyre coming back. I guess we will see if or when it happens.

All League
    If Reed does come here it won't be before Monday/Tuesday of next week. We are in full prep mode for BUF and
    there's no way you add a new player this late in the week. In addition with Cumberland, Winslow & Sudfeld I would
    cut Reuland if we do add Reed. We don't need four TE's

Reed prob going to Pats

Will Ed Reed finally be united with Bill Belichick? One person with ties to the safety sure thinks so. The Boston Herald’s Karen Guregian reported Wednesday night that a source close to the nine-time Pro Bowler believes that Reed, a free agent after being released by the Texans and clearing waivers, will sign with the Patriots “My guess is he goes there,” the source reportedly said. Reed’s three primary options as on Wednesday night, according to Guregian, seem to be signing with New England, signing with the Jets or retiring. CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported early Thursday that the Patriots and Jets are both interested in the 35-year-old, but ESPN’s Chris Mortensen offered a conflicting report, saying that the Pats were out of the running as of late Wednesday night. Mortensen also rules out the Colts and Reed’s former team, the Ravens, but writes that Rex Ryan‘s team may still be a candidate.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/11/report-ed-re...ies-to-safety/

Love the media.

read down until Chris Mortensen says Pats are out of the running.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll trust Mort over some broad from the Boston Herald who no ones ever heard of.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I didnt get "prob"out of that, I got "might", but who cares.

-

I would tend to believe Mort on this. These guys try create value by leaking fake stories - especially if everyone thinks god is interested.

I think it's Jets or retire and I think Rex wants him and Idzik doesn't.

I hope Idzik wins this one.

I heard he is either going to sign with a team or retire.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I didnt get "prob"out of that, I got "might", but who cares.

-
    I get it, why wouldn't you want to play with the QB whom you blame for your career threatening injury?

"So when did it happen? Reed thinks it happened in the AFC Championship Game when Patriots quarterback Tom Brady kicked him.
    'Only play I can look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback but even then I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there,'"

Jets Insider VIP
    Reed is washed up. Nobody wants him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex wants him

Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    I get it, why wouldn't you want to play with the QB whom you blame for your career threatening injury?

"So when did it happen? Reed thinks it happened in the AFC Championship Game when Patriots quarterback Tom Brady kicked him.
    'Only play I can look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback but even then I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there,'"
    That's right *****,,,,Tommy took you down Cobra Kai style....now STFU and retire.

All Pro
    Reed was a great player, but I really don't want him as a Jet at this point. Everything about this screams "Derrick Mason" to me - a guy the rest of the NFL has given up on, due to age and declining skills after a great career.

Don't do it, Idzy.

All League

Angry

Yankees. He can spell Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Reed was a great player, but I really don't want him as a Jet at this point. Everything about this screams "Derrick Mason" to me - a guy the rest of the NFL has given up on, due to age and declining skills after a great career.

Don't do it, Idzy.
    Ever hear of Trevor Pryce?

All Pro
    Allen has been pretty good. I think we should leave it alone. The guy was third string on a losing team. There had to be a reason. Don't you think they wanted to get their money's worth out of him?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Ever hear of Trevor Pryce?
    Yes, I have.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Allen has been pretty good. I think we should leave it alone. The guy was third string on a losing team. There had to be a reason. Don't you think they wanted to get their money's worth out of him?
    I'm not opposed to taking a look at him, especially as a situational dime/nickel player. There's no way this guy doesn't have it in the tank to play 10-12 snaps a game - and we don't play such world-beaters down the stretch that he won't make an incremental difference.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I'm not opposed to taking a look at him, especially as a situational dime/nickel player. There's no way this guy doesn't have it in the tank to play 10-12 snaps a game - and we don't play such world-beaters down the stretch that he won't make an incremental difference.
    and we have 4 TE's right now so we can drop Reuland for him