Thread: Ivory week 11

Ivory week 11

So thanks to mike James injury I've had to move Andre brown to my RB2 spot leaving my flex a big question mark. I'm leaning towards starting ivory in the flex this week, does anybody else feel good about him? I think we'll run the ball quite a bit against buffalo and their pass rush, and ivory looks to be the most effective option in the jets backfield. My other options are: Keenan Allen @ MIA, josh gordon @ CIN, vereen @ CAR, harvin @ MIN, Leonard @ ATL

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So thanks to mike James injury I've had to move Andre brown to my RB2 spot leaving my flex a big question mark. I'm leaning towards starting ivory in the flex this week, does anybody else feel good about him? I think we'll run the ball quite a bit against buffalo and their pass rush, and ivory looks to be the most effective option in the jets backfield. My other options are: Keenan Allen @ MIA, josh gordon @ CIN, vereen @ CAR, harvin @ MIN, Leonard @ ATL
    Gordon should be a WR2 for you unless you have megatron and dez both on your team. Based on everyone else, I'd say Ivory, but honestly I like Bilal against the Bills more than Ivory.

I have Vereen in my flex right now, but (1) I love how Hill plays against the Bills, and (2) dat panthers D doe... I'm seriously thinking about picking Hill up off the streets for this week and subbing him in for Vereen; who is going up against the only other front 7 worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Jets front 7.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Gordon should be a WR2 for you unless you have megatron and dez both on your team. Based on everyone else, I'd say Ivory, but honestly I like Bilal against the Bills more than Ivory.

I have Vereen in my flex right now, but (1) I love how Hill plays against the Bills, and (2) dat panthers D doe... I'm seriously thinking about picking Hill up off the streets for this week and subbing him in for Vereen; who is going up against the only other front 7 worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Jets front 7.
    Yeah the reason I'm thinking ivory is because he's gotten most of the carries in the last few games. Gordon against the bengals secondary sounds like a tough matchup for this week
    My current lineup:
    Brady
    Morris
    Brown
    Cruz
    Garcon
    Graham
    Ivory
    Cardinals D

Yeah the reason I'm thinking ivory is because he's gotten most of the carries in the last few games. Gordon against the bengals secondary sounds like a tough matchup for this week
    My current lineup:
    Brady
    Morris
    Brown
    Cruz
    Garcon
    Graham
    Ivory
    Cardinals D
    Personally I'd put Gordon in over Garçon and find another QB for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Personally I'd put Gordon in over Garçon and find another QB for this week.
    Thanks I'm definitely going garcon against Philly as WR2 but I will definitely consider going gordon in the flex. I've gotten burned by WRs in the last couple weeks so I'm a little gun shy with them right now

I'd go with either Gordon or Vereen over Ivory.

All League
    I think Gordon is the safe play @ Flex, however, call me crazy but I think Harvin has a great matchup against the Vikings. I know there's a rust factor, but it's MIN. He's currently my flex this week.

So I'd say Gordon to be safe. Harvin for high risk/reward.

As for your original question, I don't like Ivory v. the Bills (I have him too, currently on my bench). And I too like to play 3 RBs over 3 WRs.

Good luck!

You guys don't remember how Powell gashed the buffalo D for 150 yards the game before? I'm a little concerned that Cincinnati will double gordon and take him out of the game like the ravens did... Then again he put up big numbers against KC... Fantasy is tough haha

All League
    You guys don't remember how Powell gashed the buffalo D for 150 yards the game before? I'm a little concerned that Cincinnati will double gordon and take him out of the game like the ravens did... Then again he put up big numbers against KC... Fantasy is tough haha
    I was going over the numbers and now Ivory looks better to me than I originally thought. No RB has scored less than 8 fantasy pts against the Bills except Rice (terrible season), Ridley (only because Vereen went off on them), Miller & Thomas (Dolphins can't run on anyone). Can't say I'd start him over Gordon, but I might start him in my league over Harvin.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I was going over the numbers and now Ivory looks better to me than I originally thought. No RB has scored less than 8 fantasy pts against the Bills except Rice (terrible season), Ridley (only because Vereen went off on them), Miller & Thomas (Dolphins can't run on anyone). Can't say I'd start him over Gordon, but I might start him in my league over Harvin.

Good luck!
    Yeah if the weather is crappy I think the jets are going to play D and run the ball and Ivory should be the main ball carrier. Buffalo cant stop a nosebleed and Rex definitely knows that. Btw the jets offense looks so much better with a back like ivory running the ball, being able to establish the run and set up play action really adds that dimension the offense has been missing

Ivory or Leonard

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Ivory or Leonard
    This one's tough. I think both Leonard and Rainey will do well against ATL. I think Rainey will end up doing better. I would start Ivory. Disclaimer: I'm a little sore about this topic. I picked up Mike James ONLY for MIA and ATL and then was going to drop him. Of course he gets hurt on the first drive against MIA and he's out for the season.

Good luck!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I think Gordon is the safe play @ Flex, however, call me crazy but I think Harvin has a great matchup against the Vikings. I know there's a rust factor, but it's MIN. He's currently my flex this week.

So I'd say Gordon to be safe. Harvin for high risk/reward.

As for your original question, I don't like Ivory v. the Bills (I have him too, currently on my bench). And I too like to play 3 RBs over 3 WRs.

Good luck!
    You're not concerned that the Hags will limit Harvin's snap-count, especially if they jump out to an early lead against the Vikings? I would be.