Thread: Ralph Wilson saves Blackout - buys 3500 tickets.

Ralph Wilson saves Blackout - buys 3500 tickets.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ckout/3531623/

Thank you Ralph. 1) for buying the tix, and 2) for not dying.

Last year in game#16 it got blacked out, and being in toronto we get blacked out too. I was so angry, I have sunday ticket and I still didn't get the game because the bills are so ****ty even their own fans won't go to their games. I hated the good bills with Jim kelly, but I hate the bad ones just as much because they have the potential to make me miss jets games on TV. I know it prolly doesn't matter to most of you, but god I am loving ralph right now... where the F were you last year ralph???!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ckout/3531623/

Thank you Ralph. 1) for buying the tix, and 2) for not dying.

Last year in game#16 it got blacked out, and being in toronto we get blacked out too. I was so angry, I have sunday ticket and I still didn't get the game because the bills are so ****ty even their own fans won't go to their games. I hated the good bills with Jim kelly, but I hate the bad ones just as much because they have the potential to make me miss jets games on TV. I know it prolly doesn't matter to most of you, but god I am loving ralph right now... where the F were you last year ralph???!!!
    I hear ya', bro. Same deal here in Rochester.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm surprised with it being Jets it didn't draw more NY people

Agree though, Ralph Wilson seems like a class act

Jets Insider VIP
    ..but....but....the schedule isn't fair!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    ..but....but....the schedule isn't fair!
    They should just put the Bills against College teams. They might actually have a chance then.....

When the Bills games are blacked out the area goes as far east as Syracuse. Both Rochester and Syracuse are considered Bills secondary markets. The CBS affiliates in both Rochester and Buffalo are part of the Bills broadcasting network, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

If you have Sunday Ticket you should get every game regardless. If it's blacked out locally it'll be on one of the 700 channels. Maybe it's different in Canada though...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    If you have Sunday Ticket you should get every game regardless. If it's blacked out locally it'll be on one of the 700 channels. Maybe it's different in Canada though...
    If this game were in Canada I'd be tempted to make the trek, but only if Uncky Ralph buys me a ticket. That said, major props to Bills fans who show up in that wind tunnel.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-16-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Just move the team to Toronto already. Bigger, wealthier market, more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Just move the team to Toronto already. Bigger, wealthier market, more fans.
    Better mayor also!

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Better mayor also!
    The city needs Batman

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The city needs Batman
    You see batkid saved San Fran. Was nice story.

I got the deal for Sunday ticket by buying a limited edition of madden 25 which allows me to watch Sunday ticket only on a computer or mobile device and it says blacked out games are not available for me to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I'm surprised with it being Jets it didn't draw more NY people

Agree though, Ralph Wilson seems like a class act
    As in Jersey Jets fans living in NY?

The Buffalo Bills are the ONLY New York NFL team.

No, if the game is blacked out, it is not available in the local market even on the Sunday ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    No, if the game is blacked out, it is not available in the local market even on the Sunday ticket.
    Weird, that's not the case for me. Had Sunday Ticket since it's inception, I'd be considered to be in the San Diego market and they have had many games blacked out over the years, when blacked out locally they are always shown on Sunday Ticket, every single time.

Weird, that's not the case for me. Had Sunday Ticket since it's inception, I'd be considered to be in the San Diego market and they have had many games blacked out over the years, when blacked out locally they are always shown on Sunday Ticket, every single time.
    I live in SW Fla, moved here in 1984. This was before Sat. TV, Sports Bars, the Sunday ticket. I had a choice between the Bucs & Fins to watch on Sunday.

I chose the Bucs because I could never root for the Fish. Over time I became a Bucs fan & they are now my 2nd team.

Where I live, I am considered to be in the Tampa market even though I live closer to Ft Myers. If I was just a couple blocks down the Rd, I would be in the Ft. Myers market.

I can watch the Bucs OTA from Ft Myers, but can not watch them on the Sunday ticket from Tampa when the game is blacked out.

You may be considered to be in a different market than San Diego by Direct TV.