Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday...what's your favorite cocktail?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Vodka, tonic with a splash of grapefruit or lemonade. Or

Sam Adams.....
    Yessir.
    This right here.

Sipping a gin and tonic w/ grapefruit tonite. No Sam Adams...got a DogFishHead IPA instead. The woman is making pork chops and stuffed portabello shrooms with homemade Italian bread. I'm in the garage, a bit of herbage, my drink, Cream playing on the radio.

It's a good day in WNY

Wore a "Sons of Ryan" shirt I bought off EBay today. Let these Jills fans know that they are about to run into a defensive buzz saw this weekend.

Weather forecast is rain up here in the Southern Tier. Johnson is out. Go ahead. Run the ball.

Try it.

LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yessir.
    This right here.

Sipping a gin and tonic w/ grapefruit tonite. No Sam Adams...got a DogFishHead IPA instead. The woman is making pork chops and stuffed portabello shrooms with homemade Italian bread. I'm in the garage, a bit of herbage, my drink, Cream playing on the radio.

It's a good day in WNY

Wore a "Sons of Ryan" shirt I bought off EBay today. Let these Jills fans know that they are about to run into a defensive buzz saw this weekend.

Weather forecast is rain up here in the Southern Tier. Johnson is out. Go ahead. Run the ball.

Try it.

LOL!
    You have your Johnson hanging out?

Jets Insider VIP
    Every day - 10 year old Talisker or Primarius (Oregon) pinot noir

Special occasion - 18 year old Talisker

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You have your Johnson hanging out?
    Nah.

Just hiding in the garage.

I don't even want to go in there. I hear kids yelling. And chaos. It's so quiet out here. Don't make me leave.

Founder's All Day IPA. There are at least 3 dozen better IPA's, but nothing under 5% tastes this good. Some(most)times I want to drink more than 3 beers...and 3 Ithaca Flower Powers and I'm swaying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jack Daniels + ginger ale

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1, Talisker 10 is my go to. God I love that smoky taste. Never had the 18, though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I meant to quote JT in that post, obviously.

If we can't talk beer... Then Jameson straight up, I don't even like glasses, just shots... Warm... Hate chilled crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Every day - 10 year old Talisker or Primarius (Oregon) pinot noir

Special occasion - 18 year old Talisker

a man who knows his malts.

by the way you'd probably like a good Balvenie or Lagavulin

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1, Talisker 10 is my go to. God I love that smoky taste. Never had the 18, though.
    It's worth the money. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    a man who knows his malts.

by the way you'd probably like a good Balvenie or Lagavulin
    I do like those, but prefer Ardbeg if I can't find Talisker. Any island single malt will do, really. Lagavulin is a bit pricey (the 16 YO) for an "every day" scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    My first go to is Kettle One, shaken ice cold with blue cheese stuffed olives.

Going to curl up next to one of these bad boys in around an hour!

What's your favorite?

Attachment 4963
    Nice! Next time try Tito's vodka, made in the great State of Texas! Ice and water in the martini glass for a couple of minutes to get it really cold. Tito's in the shaker with a bunch of ice. Shake the heck out of it and when you pour it into the now very cold martini glass the ice chips will float nicely on the surface. Then drop in your blue cheese olives. Delicious! If you ever want a great martini in Manhattan got to Ouest Restaurant on 84th and Broadway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Nice! Next time try Tito's vodka, made in the great State of Texas! Ice and water in the martini glass for a couple of minutes to get it really cold. Tito's in the shaker with a bunch of ice. Shake the heck out of it and when you pour it into the now very cold martini glass the ice chips will float nicely on the surface. Then drop in your blue cheese olives. Delicious! If you ever want a great martini in Manhattan got to Ouest Restaurant on 84th and Broadway.
    Had a bartender here tell me about Titos. They use it as their top shelf. very good...Ive been drinking Absolut since out of college and see no reason to move. Grey Goose, Titos, all are deemed better. I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seems a lot of folks don't know what a cocktail is. Beer and straight liquor don't count.

Mine are all bourbon or rye based drinks. I rotate Manhattans, Old Fashioned, and an occasional Sazerac.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Used to be a dry vodka martini. Then the doc said 'No more No more' - a La Steven Tyler. The old liver can't take it any longer. If you think it's been painful being a JETS fan for 45 years, try it sober for a while! De Pain De Pain ! ! !

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It's worth the money. Seriously.

I do like those, but prefer Ardbeg if I can't find Talisker. Any island single malt will do, really. Lagavulin is a bit pricey (the 16 YO) for an "every day" scotch.
    Laphroig is pretty solid. That's my #2 behind Talisker.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Harp Lager

oh dear God

and you know it's not made in the old country, unless the old country is canada
    Last edited by Timmy®; 11-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Laphroig is pretty solid. That's my #2 behind Talisker.
    That's also a good shout on the malt front

My other go to cocktail would be a dark & stormy.

muddle some mint,fresh limes and sugar(optional)in a jar(has to be a jar!!) lots of crushed ice....add dark Barbados rum and top with fiery ginger beer......then put on sou'wester and go fishing in terrible weather

Had a couple Jim Beam on the rocks last night. I prefer Knob Creek if they have that.... these bozos didn't.