Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's Friday...what's your favorite cocktail?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Had a bartender here tell me about Titos. They use it as their top shelf. very good...Ive been drinking Absolut since out of college and see no reason to move. Grey Goose, Titos, all are deemed better. I guess.
    It's cheap too! $29.95 a handle at the liquor store in Port Chester. Very small premium if any for the best vodka I have ever tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Slightly modified Rusty Nail. Scotch and scotch liqueur.
    I hope you're talking about Glayva?

All Pro
    Recent faves -
    classic Margarita but with patron Anejo, marie brizard triple sec and mrs t or master of puppets maragrita mix juice
    rumrunner (the coyotes after you) - dole pineapple/orange w/ hiram walker or marie brizard blackberry and marie brizard or bols banana, myers or appleton dark rum topped off with a generous dollop of goslings 151...yowza
    birthday cake - doles pineapple juice stoli vanil w/ marie brizard white creme de cacao
    doesnt really have a name. dr. jack? any jack daniels w/ dr pepper. ive been using single barrel or gentleman jack lately
    a very rich holiday version of a white russian style drink - not sure what to call this - "chocita"? hoods golden egg nog (used to use the "vanilla" version which was like melted vanilla ice cream) , u-bet, baileys, stoli, kahlua
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-29-2013 at 08:50 PM.

All Pro
    Lots of Irish Whiskey (my favorite) or Scotch over Ice cubes (I don't want them to melt quickly liked cracked ice.).

(My daily brew = Guinness Extra Stout)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm down in Annapolis tonight - nice lil town. Was drinking Bernheim wheat whiskey earlier before dinner. A very nice pour if you ever come across it.

All Pro
    Drinking whisky neat, up, on the rocks etc. while fine and dandy is not a cocktail.

It would be great if people could stick to the topic.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have a penis, however small it might be.

So I don't drink foo-foo "cocktails".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Drinking whisky neat, up, on the rocks etc. while fine and dandy is not a cocktail.

That was already addressed earlier. It would be great if people could read the thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Had a few Harpoon Winter Warmers last night. Really good seasonal beer.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That was already addressed earlier. It would be great if people could read the thread.
    "A cocktail is a beer or an alcoholic mixed drink that contains three or more ingredients—at least one of the ingredients must be a spirit, one sweet/sugary and one sour/bitter.[1]

Cocktails were originally a mixture of spirits, sugar, water, and bitters.[2] The term is now often used for almost any mixed drink that contains alcohol, including mixers, mixed shots, etc.[3] A cocktail today usually contains one or more kinds of spirit and one or more mixers, such as soda or fruit juice. Additional ingredients may be sugar, honey, milk, cream, and various herbs.[4]"

Three parts whiskey don't count? Gin & Tonic is my only summer mixed drink vice. Less expensive bourbon and diet ginger ale is my only winter mixed drink vice. Neither of which I would refer to as cocktails. I'll leave the Shirley Temples to you guys.

Jets Insider VIP

We had a thread for that, then Sean decided that scotch was the same thing as whiskey and bourbon and the thread subsequently choked. Prior to distinction being made, people posted stuff other than scotch in the thread and I'm pretty sure no one had a problem with it.

Maybe you two should have a cocktail and chillout?

All League

Fine, Crown and Sprite.

Margarita, shltheads!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    We had a thread for that, then Sean decided that scotch was the same thing as whiskey and bourbon and the thread subsequently choked. Prior to distinction being made, people posted stuff other than scotch in the thread and I'm pretty sure no one had a problem with it.

Maybe you two should have a cocktail and chillout?

There is actually a bourbon thread out there that went untouched. But, I would allow you to drink whatever you'd like in there....because I'm a uniter, not a divider.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is actually a bourbon thread out there that went untouched. But, I would allow you to drink whatever you'd like in there....because I'm a uniter, not a divider.
    Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

All Pro
    I read it just fine and posted accordingly. Some people just have to out-harrumph others.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    It's cheap too! $29.95 a handle at the liquor store in Port Chester. Very small premium if any for the best vodka I have ever tasted.
    My business partner is from Port Chester. Ever go to Park deli? GREAT place for Italian goods.

We set up an LLC called Long Port...for LI and Port Chester.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Margarita, shltheads!!!
    Fragin' titman tarris...dangnabbity

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Margarita, shltheads!!!
    +1,000