Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: Why all the talk about the Jets and playoffs. ..

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Why all the talk about the Jets and playoffs. ..

    serious.. does everyone realize Geno will face Carolina, Cleveland and the Ravens in which I feel is a more brutal stretch of games than before the Bye.
    Cleveland is a top 5 defense.
    Carolina (i think) a top 3.
    Ravens defense isn't what it once was, but Rex has struggled playing the Ravens (or was it Shotty)

    Two divisional games (I think the Jets sweep the Bills) but the Phins no way.

    8-8 or 7-9 will not get into the playoffs.

    I hate to be a SOJF but I am keeping it real.

    Rex beat a Pats and Saints team full of key players out with injury. Think if the Jets lost two or three key defensive players. ...

    yes the 6th seed is wide open but I don't think Geno and Rex can overcome the upcoming Defenses on the schedule.
    The Titans and Bengals games are perfect examples. ..

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super post.

    All of these are your opinions. Great opinions! So many people will agree with you. Not me, but other people. Let's see how many people will! Besides all of SAR's aliases!


  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you do in first grade arithmetic? Even if they lose those 3 games (and I think they can beat Baltimore) that still leaves 4 games they can win, which gives them a 9-7 schedule which is definitely playoff worthy

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do they bother playing the games then? We already know what's going to happen because you just told us. They probably should've just not shown up to Atlanta, or at home against New England and New Orleans. We knew what was going to happen. Oh wait...

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap dude, i am as "realistic" as anyone but every post you start is a straight up chicken little, sojf, crap...waaaahhhh we have to play cleveland. the ****ing browns are 1-3 in the last 4 weeks after their "hot start", they also have a guy off the street playing RB, and Jason Campbell playing QB...man up you little *****.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just convinced me the Jets are definitely going, thanks.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least wait until after a loss to post something like this. We won our last game. That means we are in Super Bowl mode this week. Enjoy it.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is wrong with talking about the playoffs?

    As of right now, we'd be the 6th seed in the AFC and we could very well be 6-4 in two days with a full two game lead over many of the teams in the hunt.

    The only really tough game left on the schedule is against Carolina.

    What, are we supposed to be afraid of teams like Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore? None of them are exactly powerhouses.

    I'm convinced that a lot of you guys just genuinely enjoy being miserable.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waxin
    Posts
    540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I'll give a bit of a reply.
    So we have a rookie qb, a new OC, and we beat legit teams with injuries. Meanwhile we've had some key injuries ourselves, which everyone seems to conveniently forget, and we are managing to hang in. I like what I'm seeing, just need some consistency, which comes with time given our situation I referred to above.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell is wrong with talking about the playoffs?

    As of right now, we'd be the 6th seed in the AFC and we could very well be 6-4 in two days with a full two game lead over many of the teams in the hunt.

    The only really tough game left on the schedule is against Carolina.

    What, are we supposed to be afraid of teams like Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore? None of them are exactly powerhouses.

    I'm convinced that a lot of you guys just genuinely enjoy being miserable.
    Imagine how pathetic their lives are at home for them to act this way on a football fan message forum.

    I can only imagine how they are at their jobs.

    If there's a paper jam, they probably want to throw away all the printers in the office in order to have a high draft pick for future printers.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dump, Staten Island
    Posts
    2,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone always mentions the key players that are out on the opposing team. What about the key players that are out for the Jets and the amount of rookies we are playing - Doesnt that even out things ?

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,023
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost two full weeks without some Jets football... I've broken down and had to have some fun with a playoff calculator.

    http://clinton-morell.com/n.html?a=-...ZlqlpqaaWqVpB_

    Not only do the Jets make the playoffs, but perhaps a home playoff game?

    Probably under a 10% chance of probability, but damn that'd be nice. We go 6-1 losing to Carolina. Pats go 4-3 falling to Carolina, Denver and Baltimore.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Almost two full weeks without some Jets football... I've broken down and had to have some fun with a playoff calculator.

    http://clinton-morell.com/n.html?a=-...ZlqlpqaaWqVpB_

    Not only do the Jets make the playoffs, but perhaps a home playoff game?

    Probably under a 10% chance of probability, but damn that'd be nice. We go 6-1 losing to Carolina. Pats go 4-3 falling to Carolina, Denver and Baltimore.
    Tall order....

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell is wrong with talking about the playoffs?

    As of right now, we'd be the 6th seed in the AFC and we could very well be 6-4 in two days with a full two game lead over many of the teams in the hunt.

    The only really tough game left on the schedule is against Carolina.

    What, are we supposed to be afraid of teams like Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore? None of them are exactly powerhouses.

    I'm convinced that a lot of you guys just genuinely enjoy being miserable.
    This. If you cant enjoy the fact we own our own destiny right now and still have a shot at the division then you need some medical help IMO. For all the talk of this being a 2-14 team by the "experts" this is a Cinderella story. If teams like Philly and Carolina can get excited talking POs why not us?

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,023
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Tall order....
    No doubt. I just want to attend a freakin home playoff game sometime in my life. Doubtful this year? Sure but I'm still holding out some hope.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the most promising aspect of this season is that the Jets are starting 7 new players on defense and 5 rookies overall. As the season progresses we should see more positive progression from those young guys. You can even see it in a guy like Geno. Look at the progression that he has made from the Pre-Season till now. The first 4 games Geno stats: 57% comp 4 tds 8 int 1 rushing td, the last 5 games 59% comp 4 tds 5 ints 2 rushing td's. He has shown a good amount of progression throughout this season and I think that he will get even more consistent through the rest of the year. The Jets are young and are only going to get better. That's why it will be exciting if they make the playoffs b/c they will most likely playing their best football come playoff time.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At least wait until after a loss to post something like this. We won our last game. That means we are in Super Bowl mode this week. Enjoy it.
    He'll post it again on game day, once the Jets go down a FG in the first quarter.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    No doubt. I just want to attend a freakin home playoff game sometime in my life. Doubtful this year? Sure but I'm still holding out some hope.
    If the O continues to move in the right direction and D stays somewhat in tact we might see that in a couple of years.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Imagine how pathetic their lives are at home for them to act this way on a football fan message forum.

    I can only imagine how they are at their jobs.

    If there's a paper jam, they probably want to throw away all the printers in the office in order to have a high draft pick for future printers.
    I am with you guys. This OP just sounds like a Debbie downer. I doubt it's just for the jets.

    I have lived with a Debbie downer and told them to change. It's just tough to deal with.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is about as good as it gets for Jets fans - an uneven season that may produce just enough breaks near the end to allow the Jets in as a wildcard.

    Yet seeing as how the Jets are currently the 6th seed AND they have what some are saying is a "Head Coach of the Year" candidate one would think they would be in complete control of their destiny. Perhaps even capable of doing the impossible: getting hot and winning 6 or 7 in a row. Somewhere in these claims is a lack of truthiness and an excess of bravado.



    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    serious.. does everyone realize Geno will face Carolina, Cleveland and the Ravens in which I feel is a more brutal stretch of games than before the Bye.
    Cleveland is a top 5 defense.
    Carolina (i think) a top 3.
    Ravens defense isn't what it once was, but Rex has struggled playing the Ravens (or was it Shotty)

    Two divisional games (I think the Jets sweep the Bills) but the Phins no way.

    8-8 or 7-9 will not get into the playoffs.

    I hate to be a SOJF but I am keeping it real.

    Rex beat a Pats and Saints team full of key players out with injury. Think if the Jets lost two or three key defensive players. ...

    yes the 6th seed is wide open but I don't think Geno and Rex can overcome the upcoming Defenses on the schedule.
    The Titans and Bengals games are perfect examples. ..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us