Thread: Is KC the most non-talked about 9-0 team of all time?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Is KC the most non-talked about 9-0 team of all time?

We get talked about more and we're 5-4. 9-0 is incredible. I don't care how ugly you win games and less dominant you look than teams winning is what's most important. I think Andy Reid has to be considered for coach of the year no one thought this team would compete for a division crown. Just for fun I browsed thru some pre season predictions on the know it all network of sports ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...ctions/count/1

Some of my favorites

Ravens 11-5
    Texans 12-4
    Bucs 9-7
    Falcons 11-5

Can anyone remember a time when a team went 9-0 and was hardly ever talked about?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chiefs haven't beaten anyone very good. They've gotten lucky in almost every way you can get lucky. I don't think anyone buys them being a legitimate contender, nor are they very much fun to watch, or talk about. They're like a safe, game managing team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The Chiefs haven't beaten anyone very good. They've gotten lucky in almost every way you can get lucky. I don't think anyone buys them being a legitimate contender, nor are they very much fun to watch, or talk about. They're like a safe, game managing team.
    This. I dont think they have actually dominated anyone this year. It is not like they are winning game 40-10 and every week it is like Oakland or Tenn with Fitz.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chiefs were predicted to be very good this year as soon as Reid was inked. Just not 9-0 good. I think most pundits expected playoffs and a contender.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would anyone be scared of us playing the chiefs in the playoffs? Our D against that shambles Alex Smith led offence, I know I wouldn't be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets would beat KC imo..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were sufficiently outplayed by the 4-5 Browns in the second half of that win. If it weren't for the Browns' self-inflicted errors, they very well could have lost that one. Even in their last game against the Bills, they were on the ropes struggling. The Bills were at the goal line and Jeff Tuel made one of the most egregious throws you could imagine, which led to a pick six and turned the tides. They're a solid team, just not imposing (from the sample size) right now. If they beat Denver and get a signature W, that very well may change my opinion. When I've watched them tho they've looked beatable if you can properly gameplan for them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that they're not the juggernaut that some other 9-0 teams in the past were (and greater than 9-0), however they keep winning.

They do seem to have a rabbit's foot stuck up their collective ass. This week they get a gimpy Manning. We'll see what happens.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Peyton hadn't gotten tweaked ... Cause if he is not close to 100% the KC defense will get some good licks in on him. Otherwise I would expect Denver to have won by 14+

KC is a very tough place to have to go on the road and play. Their fans are knowledgable, passionate, and loud ... It's one of the better home field advantages in the league.

Still, I would prefer them to @Denver or @NE ... And prob @Cincy as well.

@Indy & @KC I like our chances

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they beat Denver this week you can expect to hear a lot about this team

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Can anyone remember a time when a team went 9-0 and was hardly ever talked about?
    The Chiefs have been getting talked about plenty this week.

When you consider that Chiefs made it to 9-0 without beating a single team with a winning record, its sort of understandable why they haven't received a lot of attention up until now.

Couple that with the fact that their QB is Alex Smith - who doesn't exactly generate a lot of fanfare and you can understand their lack of media coverage even more.

Can you name one player the Chiefs have that has a T.V. commercial running right now? See where this is going?

They beat Denver on the road this weekend and you will start hearing about them a lot more.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-16-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver wins on Sunday....I cannot knock 9 wins in a row but Denver is by far the best team they have played. I looked at who the chiefs played....all the teams are bad or had their starting qb's out etc. More power to them but I think the Jets would beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This. I dont think they have actually dominated anyone this year. It is not like they are winning game 40-10 and every week it is like Oakland or Tenn with Fitz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thing about the AFC this year is that nobody scares. Not even Denver, IMO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite true and that's why the Jets will be very dangerous if they get to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Great thing about the AFC this year is that nobody scares. Not even Denver, IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets would beat KC imo..
    KC has the best D in the league and you are asking geno to go into arrowhead and win that game. I dont know about that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    KC has the best D in the league and you are asking geno to go into arrowhead and win that game. I dont know about that.
    I am shocked. I wouldn't put any money on it, but neither would you. Btw, best defense against whom? Which juggernaut have they beaten?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me see the chiefs play the saints-patriots-Denver....then come back with the best defense in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post