Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: QBs that are STARTING right now!

  1. #1

    QBs that are STARTING right now!

    Unproved or just proven not that good

    Kellen Clemens - SL
    Jason Campbell - Cleveland
    Fitz - Tenn
    Case Keenum - Houston
    Henne - Jax
    Matt McGloin - Oakland - Rookie
    Josh McCown - Bears
    Scott Tolzien - GB
    Christian Ponder - Minni
    Nick Foles - Philly
    Alex Smith - KC

    Other rookies
    Geno - JETS
    Glennon - TB
    Manuel - Bills

    Struggling
    Brady
    Flacco
    RG3
    Tannehill
    Eli
    Kaepernick
    Palmer

    Is it just me or is this league really really QB starved right now.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 11-16-2013 at 01:25 AM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unproved or just proven not that good

    Kellen Clemens - SL
    Jason Campbell - Cleveland
    Fitz - Tenn
    Case Keenum - Houston
    Henne - Jax
    Matt McGloin - Oakland - Rookie
    Josh McCown - Bears
    Scott Tolzien - GB
    Christian Ponder - Minni
    Nick Foles - Philly
    Alex Smith - KC

    Other rookies
    Geno - JETS
    Glennon - TB
    Manuel - Bills

    Struggling
    Brady
    Flacco
    RG3
    Tannehill
    Eli
    Kaepernick
    Palmer

    Is it just me or is this league really really QB starved right now.
    How come the Jets don't get to play anyone in that top list? How come the Giants seem to play everyone in the top list?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    How come the Jets don't get to play anyone in that top list? How come the Giants seem to play everyone in the top list?
    We play Cleveland and Oakland. lol

  4. #4
    I was just reading that Oakland is in love with Matt McGloin and had to post this. Such a weak rookie QB class but 4 will be starting this week. Makes me laugh a little. Not to mention we have already seen 2 others start this year.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,732
    why isn't Matt Flynn starting?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    why isn't Matt Flynn starting?
    Tolzien started last week and has been on the team. Flynn sucks anyway.

  7. #7
    Bodes well for the Jets in the upcoming draft.
    I think there will be an unprecedented run in the 1st round of QBs leaving a huge amount of skill players that drop down into the area where the Jets will be picking.
    Just seems like the Jets luck has been changing since Idzik arrived.

  8. #8
    Nick Foles has played rather well this year and McCown has held his own. I've never heard of Matt McGloin and had never heard of Case Keenum prior to this year either. GB will probably stick with Tolzien if Flynn isn't 100% healthy.

  9. #9
    Alex Smith does not belong on that first list.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Bodes well for the Jets in the upcoming draft.
    I think there will be an unprecedented run in the 1st round of QBs leaving a huge amount of skill players that drop down into the area where the Jets will be picking.
    Just seems like the Jets luck has been changing since Idzik arrived.
    it's amazing how your team can get luckier when you get a smarter gm.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unproved or just proven not that good

    Kellen Clemens - SL
    Jason Campbell - Cleveland
    Fitz - Tenn
    Case Keenum - Houston
    Henne - Jax
    Matt McGloin - Oakland - Rookie
    Josh McCown - Bears
    Scott Tolzien - GB
    Christian Ponder - Minni
    Nick Foles - Philly
    Alex Smith - KC

    Other rookies
    Geno - JETS
    Glennon - TB
    Manuel - Bills

    Struggling
    Brady
    Flacco
    RG3
    Tannehill
    Eli
    Kaepernick
    Palmer

    Is it just me or is this league really really QB starved right now.

    This is why I think Mark Sanchez could end up with a starting role somewhere after he's cut.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyshawn View Post
    Alex Smith does not belong on that first list.
    He is proven not that good and he isnt any good to be honest. This isnt him struggling it is who he is. Sadly KC is stuck with him at least one more year. Dude is in an Andy Reed O and still cant have a 300 yard game meanwhile in Philly Foles has a 400 yarder. Dont know why people think Smith is better then what he has shown. He has been in the league how long now and I think Geno has more 300+ yard games then he does. lol

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This is why I think Mark Sanchez could end up with a starting role somewhere after he's cut.
    yup.

    sucks that he got hurt, we might've been able to trade him this year and recoup some (marginal) value.

    he'll go to one of those QB-starved teams as a backup/competing for a job.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This is why I think Mark Sanchez could end up with a starting role somewhere after he's cut.
    The sad part of that as bad as some of these guys are they if you took Sanchez's best QBR he'd still rank behind most of them including Clemens. lol To be fair though I think some of these guys are making a statement that they should be starters or at least BUs next year. Jason Campbell, Keenum, Foles, and Josh McCown are all guys that where counted out until recently and have looked pretty good. Now you have McGloin who is getting the chance of a lifetime IMO. Heck before they went down Vick and Cutler both had good numbers, Cassel had a 91.9 QBR, and Thad friggen Lewis didnt look bad either. A lot of the guys that are FAs next year are making cases for themselves right now IMO. That FA group of Clemens, McCown, Campbell, Cutler, Vick, TJ, Wallace, and Cassel is looking pretty good right now. lol Actually doesnt bold well for Marky.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unproved or just proven not that good

    Kellen Clemens - SL
    Jason Campbell - Cleveland
    Fitz - Tenn
    Case Keenum - Houston
    Henne - Jax
    Matt McGloin - Oakland - Rookie
    Josh McCown - Bears
    Scott Tolzien - GB
    Christian Ponder - Minni
    Most of these losers are lucky to even be in the NFL let alone starting.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This is why I think Mark Sanchez could end up with a starting role somewhere after he's cut.

    Sanchez is as good or better than at least 4-5 QB's who are STARTING right now in the NFL. That's some sad sh_t.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The sad part of that as bad as some of these guys are they if you took Sanchez's best QBR he'd still rank behind most of them including Clemens. lol To be fair though I think some of these guys are making a statement that they should be starters or at least BUs next year. Jason Campbell, Keenum, Foles, and Josh McCown are all guys that where counted out until recently and have looked pretty good. Now you have McGloin who is getting the chance of a lifetime IMO. Heck before they went down Vick and Cutler both had good numbers, Cassel had a 91.9 QBR, and Thad friggen Lewis didnt look bad either. A lot of the guys that are FAs next year are making cases for themselves right now IMO. That FA group of Clemens, McCown, Campbell, Cutler, Vick, TJ, Wallace, and Cassel is looking pretty good right now. lol Actually doesnt bold well for Marky.
    Maybe Sanchez'll end up in Minnesota. They can't seem to find a QB that'll do enough to keep them in games.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is proven not that good and he isnt any good to be honest. This isnt him struggling it is who he is. Sadly KC is stuck with him at least one more year. Dude is in an Andy Reed O and still cant have a 300 yard game meanwhile in Philly Foles has a 400 yarder. Dont know why people think Smith is better then what he has shown. He has been in the league how long now and I think Geno has more 300+ yard games then he does. lol
    Smith doesn't turn the ball over and does what the coaches ask him to do. He sucked in the beginning of his career but he's been pretty solid for the past 3 years or so. He's not going to put up big fantasy points but he wins games. Your insane if you think KC regrets bringing him in or if you think they would consider themselves stuck with him for next year. Smith has been a huge upgrade over what they had playing QB in recent years.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyshawn View Post
    Smith doesn't turn the ball over and does what the coaches ask him to do. He sucked in the beginning of his career but he's been pretty solid for the past 3 years or so. He's not going to put up big fantasy points but he wins games. Your insane if you think KC regrets bringing him in or if you think they would consider themselves stuck with him for next year. Smith has been a huge upgrade over what they had playing QB in recent years.
    Check the numbers Cassel in his career has better numbers. Smith was not an upgrade just a younger version.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    3 NC State QBs. Go Wolfpack. the NY JETS of the ACC. Well...even this year the JETS are better than the PACK!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us