Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time to move on from Sanchez 2.0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez geno draft. Why the hell can't we start simms. Wtf is wrong with everyone. Christ the qb could be sitting right on the bench.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Sanchez geno draft. Why the hell can't we start simms. Wtf is wrong with everyone. Christ the qb could be sitting right on the bench.
    Because he isn't that good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    he sure is better than geno. so what youre saying makes no sense. what do you mean "isnt that good". hes not peyton manning but unless you think geno is it makes no sense to start geno over simms. and in order to see how good simms can be we need to see him play. what we do know for sure after the game yesterday is that he clearly outplayed geno

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we give Sanchez 3 seasons to improve & Geno 11 weeks? Cool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    his last 5 games:

8 INTs to only 1 TD. a QB rating of about 45, about a handful of fumbles as well as a 45% completion percentage. yeah, he needs to be benched.

but hey, lets waste another 3 years just because we made the same mistake with our former top 10 pick

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    his last 5 games:

8 INTs to only 1 TD. a QB rating of about 45, about a handful of fumbles as well as a 45% completion percentage. yeah, he needs to be benched.

but hey, lets waste another 3 years just because we made the same mistake with our former top 10 pick
    Funny!

I said Geno was a horrible waste of a draft pick the day we got him and everyone here jumped down my throat for it!

The guy sucks!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Sanchez clearly beat him out during preson, if he didn't get hurt he would be playing
    And Simms clearly beat out both of them so??????

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should leave him as the starter and give him every opportunity to be the long time starter. But if at the end of the year he is still making those same dumb reads and throws, draft another qb. They don't have to get rid of him, but they should have an insurance in case he really is Sanchez 2.0

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Geno's problem is Geno, He is not good. They have won games despite him, not because of him. Good Defense and a running game. Period
    I would dispute this because he won the Atlanta game when the defense blew the lead. Granted that might be his only really high point. Geno definitely needs to cut down on TO's, but the OL sucks and the skill positions are non existent. Not one WR would be a starter on any team in the league. I do agree we need to look for another QB and let Geno see if he can beat out the next draft pick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    why can't we bring in an experienced QB like Cutler if he is available. It does not have to be a rookie. Look at Smith in KC. Competition is great for all positions including QB. Sanchez is not the answer in my opinion. I think he could be good in Houston. He needs a change of scenery and we need to be rid of him. Of course you are right in wanting better skill position players surrounding whoever our QB is.

I don't know about Cutler but at this point I think a FA QB is the way to go. A game manager like Alex Smith for a 2013 2nd and 2014 2nd would have been just the thing (with 20/10 hindsight). If all Rex needs is a game manager then we should get him one.

All this talk about Geno having no weapons is tiresome. Rex won't do it but I think starting Garrard would help clarify this weapons debate. I'd also prefer sending a message to Geno here and now that his TO rate has benched him. Start Garrard or Simms. But Rex won't do it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    11 weeks too many IMO

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    and you know this how?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    He always is isn't he?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno needs to start the rest of the season....

if the trend continues then you look elsewhere next offseason, but it wouldn't be fair not to give him the chance to improve