Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about our crappy defense again?!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Made a tackle for loss on reverse and looked good on a blitz, Woulda been a sack but Bills had a scene called. Reed made him lob it up and it was stuffed.

Others than the Cromartie TD, The D played OK today. The atD on Milliner was just a fluke play where Manuel just threw it up. It was so poorly under thrown.

I have been saying it for years, Rex needs to mix in more conventional coverages rather than 0 and Cover 1 all the time. When TE game was on the line vs. Brees as Brady at the end of those games, Rex rushed 3 or 4 guys and played coverage. That is what he needs to do more of early in games. It's will make the blitzes more effective when it's not coming on every passing down.
    He said in his presser (paraphrase) if we have to play cover 2 for the rest of the season so be it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey morons. Most of the TDS came off turnovers deep in our own territory!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think the first time we played Buffalo we had 6 or 7 sacks
    And that point concerns me greatly, it means the Bills adjusted their gameplans and blocking schemes while the Jets probably resyted on their laurels.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Hey morons. Most of the TDS came off turnovers deep in our own territory!!!
    Regardless, the Bills and EJ picked apart the Jets early on with short dump offs and quick outs, when the Jets sold out to try and bring ptressure they got burnt deep.

The O with its turnovers were the major problem but the D left a lot to be desired as well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think we got up early on Buffalo and were dominant on offense. We shut down the run and they had to air it out - it is under these circumstances that a defense will go wild. Also we seem to be flat on the road.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think the first time we played Buffalo we had 6 or 7 sacks
    Pettine took this game personal and made adjustments. We didn't get fired up and they were up for it at home.

Did I say Austin Howard was sleep walking?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Pettine took this game personal and made adjustments. We didn't get fired up and they were up for it at home.

Did I say Austin Howard was sleep walking?
    The first game both of the Bills starting CBs were out along with Byrd. They did get much more pressure this time around though.