Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Boy, the idiots come out of the woodwork after a loss like this, huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Stop hitting on me.
    I bet you got all the girls in high school.

I think it's perfectly fine to criticize this team when it preforms poorly as it did today, especially coming off a bye week. However, I think that we have to be level headed when it comes to this team. Every loss doesn't mean it's the end of the world (and yes, things need to be changed, because we keep losing in this fashion) nor does every win mean we're Superbowl bound. We have to take this one game at a time and then, at the end of the year, playoffs or not, we can analyze what we feel needs to be upgraded.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Life View Post
    I think it's perfectly fine to criticize this team when it preforms poorly as it did today, especially coming off a bye week. However, I think that we have to be level headed when it comes to this team. Every loss doesn't mean it's the end of the world (and yes, things need to be changed, because we keep losing in this fashion) nor does every win mean we're Superbowl bound. We have to take this one game at a time and then, at the end of the year, playoffs or not, we can analyze what we feel needs to be upgraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    So let me see...

You agree with the OP who calls out his perceived 'SOJF', then reference recent 'moronic' threads (questioning what exactly you never mention). So, you never typed 'SOJF'. OK.

The lack of ability of the 'homers', or what ever people may call them, to see and discuss issues like whether Rex is HC material or Geno is the answer QB without name calling others as 'SOJF' is ridiculous.

Rather than call threads 'moronic', and denigrate peoples fandom based on preconceived notions or ideas (and then say 'where did I call someone a SOJF" and hide behind the obvious) why don't you enter the 'moronic' threads individually, replay with wisdom, and set everyone straight?

Do people in message boards over react to extreme wins and losses? Really?

But to disregard threads based on some peoples OP that MIGHT be ridiculous and ignore the conversations within is pretty ridiculous in and of itself.
    I know a same old jerk when I read one!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    The problem is with the bi-polar posters. You know them....with every win the team is Super Bowl bound and with every loss they need to gut both the roster and coaching staff.

There's nothing more annoying.
    It's funny because whenever I see a post from someone saying "Super Bowl Bound", I assume they must have started rooting for this team during the Parcells era or right after that. Anyone who goes back before those days (I go back to the Walton days) generally won't speak that confidentially, even after a great win. I find that I'm much more pessimistic than optimistic regarding this team....not Benigno level though lol. .

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    So let me see...

You agree with the OP who calls out his perceived 'SOJF', then reference recent 'moronic' threads (questioning what exactly you never mention). So, you never typed 'SOJF'. OK.

The lack of ability of the 'homers', or what ever people may call them, to see and discuss issues like whether Rex is HC material or Geno is the answer QB without name calling others as 'SOJF' is ridiculous.

Rather than call threads 'moronic', and denigrate peoples fandom based on preconceived notions or ideas (and then say 'where did I call someone a SOJF" and hide behind the obvious) why don't you enter the 'moronic' threads individually, replay with wisdom, and set everyone straight?

Do people in message boards over react to extreme wins and losses? Really?

But to disregard threads based on some peoples OP that MIGHT be ridiculous and ignore the conversations within is pretty ridiculous in and of itself.
    You seem to be really hung up on this SOJF label, again I'm not calling anyone that nor did I call anyone that. Nor did I attack or comment on anyone's fandom of this team. Who am I to criticize the fandom of others? I don't believe I did that, and you insinuating that I did is putting words in my mouth, which honestly I don't appreciate. If my comments were perceived in that way, then I need to be more careful with my words because that wasn't my intention.

Now regarding the threads I called moronic. There are plenty of valid threads criticizing this team, and after today we all can agree there's plenty to criticize. Threads questioning Geno's play, the teams preparation, game plan, etc are all valid criticisms and worthy of threads. The threads that I take exception to are the extreme overreactionary fire/cut/ everyone, start planning for the draft, and the threads created simply to say "I told you so". Some of these threads being created by posters who only show up after losses. And it's a shame that the board gets gunked up by these threads because as you said (and I agree) there are plenty of threads with excellent discussion going.

But one thing is certain, no matter how much the overreactionary threads do bother me, they make me feel better at the same time. I see that there are plenty of Jets fans out there that are much crazier than me, so it's comforting to see not only am I not alone, but there are plenty out there crazier than me.

It's a free country trash on Rex or players all u want.. I find it incredibly amusing some idiots on here post crap as if Izdik/woody are on here playing any attention to the idiots but what makes me mad is thinking are idiots rooting for Rex to be fired rooting for jets to lose games? Because that is what it will take.. If this team goes 8-8 I highly doubt Rex will be canned.. This was a rebuilding yr with rookie qb, 2nd rd rookie qb.. We traded our best player for future. I don't do fantasy but I wonder if anybody who does has even 1 jets player in their lineup.. Yet somehow we are still in driver seat for 6th spot.. Next week is the season..

Take a step back before jumping off the SOJ ledge

Yikes. It's a loss, it sucks. It's the same **** every other week here. Please follow these three steps:

1. Grow up
    2. Take a step back and look at the big picture rather than extrapolating based solely on this game
    3. Realize that a loss is a loss, regardless of how badly the team got beaten. We've bounced back from three blowout losses this season, winning each one.

There's no reason why the team can't bounce back and beat a mediocre Baltimore team struggling in its own right. Just because the Jets lost, does not make them a superior team. In fact, get this!!! They have a worse record! And for what it's worth, 11 weeks a career does not make. Give Geno Smith and Dee Miliner a ****in break...it's a joke. So stop calling for Rex's head because of a bad game, stop saying Geno is unequivocally nothing more than a backup qb based on a few bad games his rookie year, stop with Ed Reed is a bad signing after one game. Take a deep breath. We all knew coming into this season that this is a 7-9 to 9-7 team, and right now they're directly in that range. This season is about setting up for next year when we have over 40mm in cap space, and what 12 draft picks? In conclusion, calm down. Thanks.
    Last edited by bjetsb; 11-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Veteran
    unfortunately when you're a first round pick, you're expected to play - and play well - right away. to me, i'd rather have wilson out there instead of milliner. the kid just isn't any good right now.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    You calling me an Idiot free? Geno is Chad to me from here on out
    Pre injury Chad or Post injury Chad? As you know, there was a HUGE difference.

very healthy...its late nov and we're still in the conversation...surprising...let the season play out...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    It's a free country trash on Rex or players all u want.. I find it incredibly amusing some idiots on here post crap as if Izdik/woody are on here playing any attention to the idiots but what makes me mad is thinking are idiots rooting for Rex to be fired rooting for jets to lose games? Because that is what it will take.. If this team goes 8-8 I highly doubt Rex will be canned.. This was a rebuilding yr with rookie qb, 2nd rd rookie qb.. We traded our best player for future. I don't do fantasy but I wonder if anybody who does has even 1 jets player in their lineup.. Yet somehow we are still in driver seat for 6th spot.. Next week is the season..
    I think most posters are venting b/c of years of frustration. I find that on this board we have posters who are extremists (some want to keep Rex forever, while others wanted him gone long ago) and then there are the middle of the road posters, who pretty much are at even keel.

Schluberator & Gadfly

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    I know a same old jerk when I read one!
    Haha what? I'm sorry, I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I think most posters are venting b/c of years of frustration. I find that on this board we have posters who are extremists (some want to keep Rex forever, while others wanted him gone long ago) and then there are the middle of the road posters, who pretty much are at even keel.
    It's the Sanchez fan boys who want Rex canned for the most part.. They need to blame someone other than mark for being such a horrible qb plus getting him hurt in a meaningless pre-season game was icing on top for their hate ha.. I can't even listen to those pathetic losers.. Anyone who realized how Sanchez was and still hates Rex I will atleast listen to.. But many people are obsessed with the sexiness of offense.. Defense is boring to many, so they don't appreciate how genius Rex is with the D.. Marty other than yesterday, has done a amazing job with the little he has had to work with.. Getting rid of him and Rex would just be incredibly stupid..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    welcome back all you SOJF hand-wringers.

Can't say I missed ya'.
    Apparently we are only allowed to come out after losses. When people try to bring up the same apparent issues after a win the Rah Rah squad doesn't want to hear it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Funny how over reacting on the positive side is never frowned upon. More like back slaps all around.
    It's all one in the same really......

Few are willing to "Let the season play out".

One game doesn't always reflect the big picture.....now if we get the same flat performance next week, we have a trend going....then maybe it's time to change our tune a lil about this team....

I'm willing to wait till next game to see what's going on while the rest of the asylum continues to make knee-jerk reactions....

I agree, but this is the 3rd blowout loss and 5th straight game of bad qb play. I think people can voice their displeasure. Any fan in their right mind cannot be happy with what is going on.

Most of us knew that 6-7 wins this year would be stretching things, but after this team played well against a very good Saints team, its fair to expect more against a poor Bills team.

The Jekyll and Hyde behavior of this team will cost Rex his job and thats a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    It's all one in the same really......

Few are willing to "Let the season play out".

One game doesn't always reflect the big picture.....now if we get the same flat performance next week, we have a trend going....then maybe it's time to change our tune a lil about this team....

I'm willing to wait till next game to see what's going on while the rest of the asylum continues to make knee-jerk reactions....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Apparently we are only allowed to come out after losses. When people try to bring up the same apparent issues after a win the Rah Rah squad doesn't want to hear it.
    I'm surprised you can type. I figured your hands were still securely up Sanchez's rectum. Wait...did you put something different in there so you could type?

Practice Squad
    Relax guys just another SuperBowl like gaming coming up for us, we have already had 3-4 this season. Get back on track.

I would not say the season is over because of the terrible loss this past Sunday. However, there are some concerns with Geno Smith's performance. The Bills put a lot of pressure on Geno Smith and he collapsed under the pressure. Hopefully, he will learn how to handle pressure. Most likely a top quarterback would have done a better job under the same conditions. In addition it is good to have constructive criticism and not resort to name calling.