Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill is our Gholston on offense

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    +1
    The Dolphins drafted Pat White in the second round the year we drafted Sanchez.

/end
    Bronco's drafted Brock Osweiler in the 2nd rd last year some other 2nd rd QB's are Brian Brohm,Chad Henne,Kevin Kolb,John Beck,Drew Stanton,Clemens,Quincy Carter and Marques Tuiasosopo.. The best of the Bunch is the QB for the Saints although Dalton and Kaepernick are pretty dam good.. Oh that's in the last 13 drafts..

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Think about how scary that is...
    It might be scary but its true. At one point, he was considered the top pick in the draft. That's not a project.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    If Ducasse was a home improvement project he would be something like this....

Attachment 4993
    LMAO. Agreed. My sig , for over a year said... Tanny went to UMASS to see Ducasse and somehow didn't see Cruz. I was brow beaten for not recognizing he was a developmental pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    A complete and total bust. A guy that the Jets need to cut at the end of the season. That simple.

Stephen Hill, on the other hand, should get more time. I am skeptical at this point, but lets see how well he does with even a decent QN throwing the football.
    Agreed... But very knowledgable scouts called him a solid developmental pick. I say...BS. A CPA could see he was not NFL material.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed... But very knowledgable scouts called him a solid developmental pick. I say...BS. A CPA could see he was not NFL material.
    Hey, I remember a lot of the NFL analysts loved that pick. Adam Schein loved it, the guys at the draft liked it.
    That's why I said its not a "Mel Kiper don't know what they're doing" draft pick

It might be scary but its true. At one point, he was considered the top pick in the draft. That's not a project.
    Who is the last second round pick that contributed? This is not a Geno potshot but rather is the reason why we lack talent on one side of the ball. We keep failing to pick up impact players outside of the first round of the draft. Hopefully that changes under Idzik.

As far a Geno is concerned… I can't say we would have one but he the most to blame for every loss except maybe Cincy. Pick Sixes, Int, Fumbles… There is a reason teams win that win the turnover battle. He looked like a deer in the headlights today. We really don't have another option so I guess we stick with him for now. The Jets need to find a hold the fort guy until they can identify the future QB. We have now had 5 yrs of horrible QB play… It takes its toll on the fan base.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey, I remember a lot of the NFL analysts loved that pick. Adam Schein loved it, the guys at the draft liked it.
    That's why I said its not a "Mel Kiper don't know what they're doing" draft pick
    That's my point. he was a TRUE developmental pick.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    If Ducasse was a home improvement project he would be something like this....

Attachment 4993
    Sooth, you had better watch out posting nonsense like this on the board. Doggin94it and Snell41 among many others could come after for you for saying such inaccurate information.

To inform you correctly...

Vlad Ducasse was drafted to be a Guard all along. He was NEVER drafted to be the RT heir apparent for Damien Woody. He is also playing absolutely stupendous football right now and he should be resigned to a long term 100 million dollar contract..

Now, if you need anymore enlightening information about the NYJ, be sure and ask those two and others. THEY, and only they will teach you.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Schein is an annoying

Jets Insider VIP
    Who is the last second round pick that contributed? This is not a Geno potshot but rather is the reason why we lack talent on one side of the ball. We keep failing to pick up impact players outside of the first round of the draft. Hopefully that changes under Idzik.

As far a Geno is concerned… I can't say we would have one but he the most to blame for every loss except maybe Cincy. Pick Sixes, Int, Fumbles… There is a reason teams win that win the turnover battle. He looked like a deer in the headlights today. We really don't have another option so I guess we stick with him for now. The Jets need to find a hold the fort guy until they can identify the future QB. We have now had 5 yrs of horrible QB play… It takes its toll on the fan base.
    We have basically NO real players from 2008, 2009 2010 draft and I have said this so much. we need rounds 3 to 7 to matter. 2012 and 2013 drafts have shown improvement in late rounds and UDFA.

All Pro
    The worst part is they traded UP for a project, giving up some pick or other for him! If he was picked in the third round it wouldn't be nearly as bad. I didn't like the pick from day one and can't wait to see him and his angelic naive baby face off this team.

How about somebody posts a successful project pick… Tebow, White, Hill… That is why you don't do it. They never work out.
    JPP (1st round), Vincent Jackson (2nd round) and Jimmy Graham (3rd round) are three that come immediately to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    JPP (1st round), Vincent Jackson (2nd round) and Jimmy Graham (3rd round) are three that come immediately to mind.
    They were also drafted by teams that had decent talent when they drafted him. In other words, they could afford to take a risk. Not the same with the Jets.

Tanny THOUGHT this team was talented enough that he could take a shot in the 2nd round on a developmental pick for RT. Colossal FAIL.

Might be the same with Stephen Hill. I am not ready to give up, but there is reason for concern now.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Hill was a project and maybe worth it, but he's clearly not an NFL caliber football player and it's time to move on.

He'll get through the year but he will not be on the team next year.
    Bench him. Salas and Nelson have both shown more in a limited sample size. Holmes, Nelson and Salas.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    we picked Geno in the second round and he is huge project !
    LOL.

Some of the guys here took too much sizzurp this morning

Undrafted Free Agent
    It's funny, everyone says we need an offensive weapon. They also say, don't trade up and waste picks. Then they say, you don't draft a project in the 2nd round. So, riddle me this batman, how can a team ever get a true offensive weapon if they are not perennial losers? With Hill's size and speed, if he had come in the league from a passing school and had good numbers he would have been a top 10 or top 5 pick. We never would get him. You have to roll the dice sometimes. Even good WRs from passing schools sometimes take 2 or 3 years to get on track. It was expected, that it would take 3 years for him. In his second year, he still has lots of problems, but he is better than last year. The real problem is that the jets have no depth at WR, so we need him to be a #1 WR when he and the team isn't ready. Yeah, sometimes teams come up with stars in the 6th round, but for every one of those there are many 1 and 2 round failures.

Veteran
    I say give him another year. If he doesn't pan out. Then you can diss him!

Hall Of Fame
    We are knocking Ducasse but Winters has not looked good. I know it is hard with the new CBA to develop these guys but if you are on the field then you are subject to criticism.

As for Hill don't ask me why but I still have hope for him. I still have hope for Milliner. The fact that he tries to locate the ball puts him ahead of a lot of young DBs.

He has scored a few TD. Did Gholston ever even record a tackle for loss

Not to mention Gholston w as a top 10 pick

That's why I was arguing for Alshon Jeffrey who went the very next pick......A much more polished WR who dominated SEC competition at times

And whadda ya know....he's looking really good in year 2 for the Bears

But he was 10 pounds overweight in the offseason or something, even though he ran well at his pro day