Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Bar Night before Gameday - No Pro coach would ever do this

  1. #1

    Bar Night before Gameday - No Pro coach would ever do this

    Going to a Bar before game night should confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not a worthy of coaching this team any longer. I dont buy it had nothing to do with it, because it has everything to do with today's loss. Im sure the players drank alcohol and laughed it up...sure thats what you do at a bar.especially on your boss' dime.

    GM should have cleared house to start. Now, we will suffer many many more years due to poor draft picks (see millner and Smith) because Rex stayed another year.

    Watching the Saints and Niners game right now reminds me of how real football is played.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nitemare View Post
    Going to a Bar before game night should confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not a worthy of coaching this team any longer. I dont buy it had nothing to do with it, because it has everything to do with today's loss. Im sure the players drank alcohol and laughed it up...sure thats what you do at a bar.especially on your boss' dime.

    GM should have cleared house to start. Now, we will suffer many many more years due to poor draft picks (see millner and Smith) because Rex stayed another year.

    Watching the Saints and Niners game right now reminds me of how real football is played.
    Didn't Max McGee get drunk and win the Super Bowl MVP?

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by nitemare View Post
    Going to a Bar before game night should confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not a worthy of coaching this team any longer. I dont buy it had nothing to do with it, because it has everything to do with today's loss. Im sure the players drank alcohol and laughed it up...sure thats what you do at a bar.especially on your boss' dime.

    GM should have cleared house to start. Now, we will suffer many many more years due to poor draft picks (see millner and Smith) because Rex stayed another year.



    Watching the Saints and Niners game right now reminds me of how real football is played.
    Rex does not make the draft picks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nitemare View Post
    Going to a Bar before game night should confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not a worthy of coaching this team any longer. I dont buy it had nothing to do with it, because it has everything to do with today's loss. Im sure the players drank alcohol and laughed it up...sure thats what you do at a bar.especially on your boss' dime.

    GM should have cleared house to start. Now, we will suffer many many more years due to poor draft picks (see millner and Smith) because Rex stayed another year.

    Watching the Saints and Niners game right now reminds me of how real football is played.
    Welcome to the board. Getting your facts straight before posting is a good rule to go by when you are just starting out.

  5. #5
    I agree it was definitely an unusual idea, I wonder if idzik knew of this, I assume he did. Does anyone else ever recall a coach doing something like this at any level of any sport? Besides maybe little league or pop Warner???

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I agree it was definitely an unusual idea, I wonder if idzik knew of this, I assume he did. Does anyone else ever recall a coach doing something like this at any level of any other sport? Besides maybe little league or pop Warner???
    Again, players used to go home and probably get drunk all the time prior to games. I gave Max McGee as an example, and you have to think that Namath did it too.

    Billy Martin used to get drunk alot

  7. #7
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,472
    Images
    39581
    This thread is a nitemare

    Serenity now.

  8. #8
    I'd rather have them at Dave and Busters on a Saturday night having an adult beverage and playing skeeball rather than a BBQ every Friday afternoon like Herm did.

  9. #9
    Some of my greatest work has been accomplished after spending the previous night at the bar. At 40+ I can handle a night at the bar with no affect the next day...pretty sure a 25 year old can handle it.

  10. #10
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,472
    Images
    39581
    I would hardly call Dave & Busters a bar.

    It's basically a chucky cheese that has alcohol available.

    95% of the patrons are not drinking age.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I would hardly call Dave & Busters a bar.

    It's basically a chucky cheese that has alcohol available.

    95% of the patrons are not drinking age.
    Holy crap...it was a Dave and Buster's? SOJF *****ing has reached a new low.

  12. #12
    Arcade = Fired

  13. #13

    Did arcade Rex criss the line ?

    Cross the line ?

    Taking the team to an arcade is a nice summer training camp bonding experience for
    young players, but the night before a big game ?

    How is this going to improve focus ? Didn't the Jets goof off enough during their
    bye week, and why are the Jets always losing after their bye week ?

    Nice try Rex but this is just another in a long line of blunders that a mature coach
    would never think of trying, we are 3 - 7 team posing as a 5 -5 team thanks a generous
    gift package courtesy of Asante Samuel and Belecheat. It's amazing how lucky this team
    has been, there are too many holes in this coaching staff, maybe the Jets can go to Coney
    Island next saturday night, then seven flags, most cities have an arcade or amusement park,
    I know Parcells and Bill Walsh always took their teams to I hop after they went to the amusement park,
    Vince Lombardi took his teams to dairy queen afterwards and Madden favored taken his teams
    to Disney Land. Cotton Candy for everyone !

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    No; he said they had good practices and the reward was arcade.

    Sh!t happens with a rookie QB; and the OL didn't show up.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,082
    Arcade Rex. Hahahaha. Classic.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Again, players used to go home and probably get drunk all the time prior to games. I gave Max McGee as an example, and you have to think that Namath did it too.

    Billy Martin used to get drunk alot
    It is a well known fact, Namath was drunk when he guaranteed the Jets would beat the Colts & win the Super Bowl.

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,861
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I would hardly call Dave & Busters a bar.

    It's basically a chucky cheese that has alcohol available.

    95% of the patrons are not drinking age.

    Did you hear that the Chargers had dinner at Hooters two weeks ago? Can't believe they'd go to a strip club!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    Some of my greatest work has been accomplished after spending the previous night at the bar. At 40+ I can handle a night at the bar with no affect the next day...pretty sure a 25 year old can handle it.
    SAT nite is my nite out...thus I always see the JETS slightly hungover. I have no problems.... I think.

  20. #20
    LOL at Dave and Busters being a bar night. Someone call child protective services because I've taken my kids out for "bar night" about a half dozen times.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us