Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bar Night before Gameday - No Pro coach would ever do this

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No; he said they had good practices and the reward was arcade.

Sh!t happens with a rookie QB; and the OL didn't show up.
    Now he is just spinning ****. During one of his weekly pressers he wasn't happy with practice. I have been an avid Rex supporter but I am starting to have second thoughts about the guy. I wouldn't fault Idzik if he went elsewhere for a new HC next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

These guys are professionals; I hardly think one night at Lame & Buster's can effectively erase what was 2 solid weeks of practice and preparation.

Not showing up every other week has been this team's M.O. since Week 1. We shouldn't be surprised, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    These guys are professionals; I hardly think one night at Lame & Buster's can effectively erase what was 2 solid weeks of practice and preparation.

Not showing up every other week has been this team's M.O. since Week 1. We shouldn't be surprised, frankly.
    They had the first week off I believe and as I said earlier Rex said they had a crappy practice last week. On the NBC pregame, Dungy, Harrison and someone else all took a healthy dump on the Dave and Busters deal. Said they spend enough time together, and players like their routines. They want to get to their rooms, study and talk to their families, and get a good nights rest. It was a stupid idea and all 3 phases of this team sucked. That was disgusting football.

Hall Of Fame

Truth be told you are right. But the problem is that it feeds the perception about the team and serves as some sweet bulletin board material for the opponent.

Also, where does the buck stop?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No; he said they had good practices and the reward was arcade.

Sh!t happens with a rookie QB; and the OL didn't show up.
    Really you're blaming the oline? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    Cross the line ?

Taking the team to an arcade is a nice summer training camp bonding experience for
    young players, but the night before a big game ?

How is this going to improve focus ? Didn't the Jets goof off enough during their
    bye week, and why are the Jets always losing after their bye week ?

Nice try Rex but this is just another in a long line of blunders that a mature coach
    would never think of trying, we are 3 - 7 team posing as a 5 -5 team thanks a generous
    gift package courtesy of Asante Samuel and Belecheat. It's amazing how lucky this team
    has been, there are too many holes in this coaching staff, maybe the Jets can go to Coney
    Island next saturday night, then seven flags, most cities have an arcade or amusement park,
    I know Parcells and Bill Walsh always took their teams to I hop after they went to the amusement park,
    Vince Lombardi took his teams to dairy queen afterwards and Madden favored taken his teams
    to Disney Land. Cotton Candy for everyone !

LOL, where is "seven flags"? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Really you're blaming the oline? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    O line was a disgrace today

All League
    No. They came out flat today and sucked. It's that simple. I can't believe going to an arcade had anything to do with it.

It definitely did. If he gave them a rah rah speech they would have covered better, the OLine would have blocked better and Geno would have read coverage much better and wouldn't have madeade those dumb throws

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    They had the first week off I believe and as I said earlier Rex said they had a crappy practice last week. On the NBC pregame, Dungy, Harrison and someone else all took a healthy dump on the Dave and Busters deal. Said they spend enough time together, and players like their routines. They want to get to their rooms, study and talk to their families, and get a good nights rest. It was a stupid idea and all 3 phases of this team sucked. That was disgusting football.
    Rex gave the players six days off. The CBA mandates a minimum four days off and some of those days have to be the weekend, so I don't think the extra couple of days had that much of an effect.

The one thing I thought about the whole cancelling the offence/defence meetings in favour of going to the arcade is that Rex publicly stated earlier this season that he took motivation from the fact the Jets were ranked bottom of the league in the pre-season power rankings and used it to motivate the players. Surely the Bills would have felt the same when they see that the Jets cancel their offence/defence meetings in favour of the arcade. I get the team bonding thing, but I'm not sure it was handled in the right way.

All Pro
    jets just signed arcade mcnown, qb competition is ON!

Bottom line I don't care what happened pre-game or pre game week. All I know is the Jets have fared poorly when given extra time to prepare for an opponent under Rex, this is highly concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Jet View Post
    Rex gave the players six days off. The CBA mandates a minimum four days off and some of those days have to be the weekend, so I don't think the extra couple of days had that much of an effect.
    I mentioned a week because Bonhomme Richard said they had 2 good weeks of practice and Westoff talked about the players going all over the place on their week off. Are we a playoff team? I don't know. I do know the margin for error is so slight that we really can't afford any missteps. You wouldn't go to Dave and Busters the night before a playoff game or the Superbowl so why the **** would you do it now.

Dave & Busters calls their bar a bar, because you know... they sell alcohol in their sports bar.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Dingy and Harrison are human dumps. Seriously, these are two of the dumbest football pundits on TV. They offer no insight beyond thin generalizations and Skip Bayless-like cliches. They are horrible, horrible people. Tony Dungy looks like a cult leader and Rodney Harrison is the biggest hypocrite in a $3000 suit.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Truth be told you are right. But the problem is that it feeds the perception about the team and serves as some sweet bulletin board material for the opponent.

Also, where does the buck stop?
    On the one hand, perception is reality.

On the other hand, that's an easy excuse for lazy, lazy reporting. I.e., I fully except Manish to make a big deal out of this tomorrow.

I would hate to work for any of you if you think the reason we lost this game was because of Dave and Busters the night before. These are grown men and professional athletes. You had extra time to prepare for the game and it was good to blow off some steam. Unorthodax, yeah maybe but that is who Rex is.

Man some of you are idiots.

Dingy and Harrison are human dumps. Seriously, these are two of the dumbest football pundits on TV. They offer no insight beyond thin generalizations and Skip Bayless-like cliches. They are horrible, horrible people. Tony Dungy looks like a cult leader and Rodney Harrison is the biggest hypocrite in a $3000 su
    I get that you don't like them but Dungy did well with Tampa and won a SB in Indy. Harrison played over a decade I believe. You can disagree with them but their credentials/opinions ARE insights. I happen to agree with them.

Players dont want to sacrifice precious time off during the season with coach. Id imagine they are all just about sick of him and may feel obligated to attend coaches party. They may have alot of money invested in studio time for their latest CD and wrapping rex probably isnt signed up for a guest spot on their upcoming gangster crimnal debut album.

Probably best to let the players decide for themselves how to prepare mentally prior to games. If hangin with coach is whats happening then im sure they will all invite baby huey to hang in the hood

Quote Originally Posted by joykilla View Post
    I would hate to work for any of you if you think the reason we lost this game was because of Dave and Busters the night before. These are grown men and professional athletes. You had extra time to prepare for the game and it was good to blow off some steam. Unorthodax, yeah maybe but that is who Rex is.

Man some of you are idiots.
    I don't think anyone is saying this is the sole reason we lost this game but like another poster said do crap like this in training camp. You know, when the games don't matter. Extra time? They had 6 days off during the bye week. Disagreeing with this decision doesn't make you an idiot.