Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bar Night before Gameday - No Pro coach would ever do this

This thread and the general overall histrionics about this just go to illustrate how out of touch the average fan is with what the NFL is like. All I have a second hand accounts from a friend who is close with a prominent former NFL player so take it as you will, but the idea that the NFL is some sort of all-encompassing lifestyle that players must lose themselves to for 8 months out of the year is ridiculous.

The whole Dave and Busters outrage is a media creation because Rex is an easy target. I guaran-****ing-tee you that if Belichick took the Pats to D&B's that people would be saying how he is a great coach who knows when to press players and when to ease up.

And yeah, others said it better and first but the idea that going to a restaurant lead to today's performance by your team is ****ing retarded. Do you honestly think that Cromartie was thinking about his high score on Big Game Hunter last night when he got burned?

I don't give a crap what the media says about this. It was a stupid ****ing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I don't give a crap what the media says about this. It was a stupid ****ing idea.
    Why?

Please breakdown exactly how going to a Dave & Busters impacted today's game. Did Morningwheg spill Gonzo Barbecue Shooter Sauce on his playsheet? (PS I don't know if Gonzo Barbecue Shooter Sauce is a thing I just liked how it sounded)

I hate office parties as I think most people do. Work is work no one wants have to spend anymore time with co workers and bosses than they have to. I could think of a gazillion things Id rather be doing than hangin with the boss

Rex Ryan is the Rob Ford/Cartman of the NFL. "Wha eva! I do what I want!" :-)
    Last edited by jxc; 11-17-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    My issue with the whole Dave and Buster's trip is why go there? They are coming off a bye week, they are on the road and only in town for one night so what was the purpose exactly? They just had 2 weeks in which they could have had a team night out but Rex picks the night before a divisional game on the road to take the team to a bar?? I just dont see where this was such a needed excursion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I've never been to D&Bs, is it any good?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Should have gone to Niagara Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Why?

Please breakdown exactly how going to a Dave & Busters impacted today's game. Did Morningwheg spill Gonzo Barbecue Shooter Sauce on his playsheet? (PS I don't know if Gonzo Barbecue Shooter Sauce is a thing I just liked how it sounded)
    Dungy and Harrison both said it was a bad idea-players like their routines, this changed it

I have read/heard conflicting reports about the offensive/defensive meetings being cancelled or shortened. Either is wrong. The night before the game is your last chance to get everyone focused on the game tomorrow. I want the players going to bed thinking about the game and their assignments, not who scored more on Donkey Kong.

These players are paid about 120 million dollars collectively to play football. I don't think it's too much to ask that the night before a game, they actually work hard at what they are paid to do.

Disciplinarians and Players coaches both have their strengths and weaknesses. Rex is a players coach and he tried something. I don't agree with it.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Should have gone to the Anchor Bar.

At least they would have gotten some killer wings.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Should have gone to the Anchor Bar.

At least they would have gotten some killer wings.
    I went to college in Buffalo… Anchor bar wings are the best..