Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the f*** happened today?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What the f*** happened today?

The game happened to fall on my son's birthday today, so I was too busy with entertaining guests and missed the game.
    I did check on the game only once only to see the Bills go up 10-0.
    i've finally had a minute to sit down and read the box score....tell me my fellow JI members were they as bad as they seemed to be on paper today?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB had a horrible game. TOs led to points for the other team. That's all that needs to be said

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    O couldn't do jack and ST's weren't much help either.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. The team was flat. Terrible on O and D Geno was terrible. MM play calling was terrible

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team showed up looking flat and tired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our d made manuel look like joe montana while their d made geno look like mark sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arghhhh, they had an entire freakin' bye week to figure out how to beat the Bills....I'm going to fix me another drink.
    tell me, was Geno under pressure all day? Why didn't they throw more? I would have thought with Tone, Winslow and a health Cumberland back they'd air it out...at least go down swinging 8 for 23 attempts.. 3 ints?
    Last edited by canadianjetsfan; 11-17-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    QB had a horrible game. TOs led to points for the other team. That's all that needs to be said
    Please tell him why the QB had a horrible game . Maybe we can start with no time to throw. Maybe we can mention that we could not run the ball. Perhaps it can be said that MM was out-coached. It could be that Geno took a horrible beating because of his weak OGs. To blame one player for an obvious team failure is bush league!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno got hurt early in the 1st but they kept him in and tried to play around it. Run game was flat and it went bad quick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Our d made manuel look like joe montana while their d made geno look like mark sanchez.
    so true!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Geno got hurt early in the 1st but they kept him in and tried to play around it. Run game was flat and it went bad quick.
    That's a good summary

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Geno didn't have time to throw, EJ didn't either. Geno sucks. Holds on to the ball WAY too long because he can't decipher things quick enough.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan's contract extension gets closer to the fire. Geno got ruffed up and played like ____. Our secondary looked terrible..... the usual.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    While Geno didn't have time to throw, EJ didn't either. Geno sucks. Holds on to the ball WAY too long because he can't decipher things quick enough.
    Your agenda is showing! Express yourself but try to be honest. Manuel had all day to throw! Geno did not get the opportunity to hold the ball too long. The OL sucked today and gave him no time whatsoever. The play calling was equally at fault. No deep passes attempted to get the run game going by opening the field. The Bills put 8 in the box and stopped the Jets except for on huge Ivory play. We get it. You hate that Sanchez is not our starter but why take it out on Geno. Are you even a Jets fan? or just a Sanchez fan

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    yeah, thats about right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    The game happened to fall on my son's birthday today, so I was too busy with entertaining guests and missed the game.
    I did check on the game only once only to see the Bills go up 10-0.
    i've finally had a minute to sit down and read the box score....tell me my fellow JI members were they as bad as they seemed to be on paper today?
    Bad Geno showed up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This is bs .. Geno said after the game that he just got the wind knocked out of him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Arghhhh, they had an entire freakin' bye week to figure out how to beat the Bills....I'm going to fix me another drink.
    tell me, was Geno under pressure all day? Why didn't they throw more? I would have thought with Tone, Winslow and a health Cumberland back they'd air it out...at least go down swinging 8 for 23 attempts.. 3 ints?
    Our rookie QB took his worst beating of the season. He was pretty much on his back every time he dropped back to pass. He took a few clean shots, including a nasty spear by Dareus during the first series that left him down for five or ten minutes. He also got hit in the knees, but for some reason, you're only not allowed to do that to certain QBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This is bs .. Geno said after the game that he just got the wind knocked out of him.
    What do you want him to say? I told my TI that in boot camp. Turned out I had a broken rib for a week before I went to the hosital. Wind or not he should have sat a few minutes before being put back in. 1 play obviously wasnt enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll tell ya what happened.

Geno happened.

You know what else?

Geno happened again several more times throughout the game.

After that horrible mess was over with Simms came in and we drove for one touchdown. Then we almost got another one before the Bills got the ball back when we couldn't convert on fourth and goal.