Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Night Football: Chiefs at Broncos

Sunday Night Football: Chiefs at Broncos

Two actual great teams. Heck of a matchup. I like the Broncos by 2 TDs.

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the roughing the passer penalty called on the Niners late in their game this afternoon? I thought that was a highly controversial and terrible call that was a borderline game-decider. Harbaugh was furious and rightfully so

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Probably Chiefs first loss

Chiefs quick 3 and out. You wonder if they have enough offense to compete in this game. Their D is going to need to play a perfect game

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Chiefs quick 3 and out. You wonder if they have enough offense to compete in this game. Their D is going to need to play a perfect game
    I think Bob Sutton will fail

Pretty good hold there for the Chiefs. They were ready for the Thomas screen

Practice Squad
    I hope DeVito plays some good football. Always came across as a blue collar type of player and while the Jets were never going to pay him the money KC offered him, he was good value for an UDFA.

Broncos D is really starting to play better. That should concern the rest of the AFC

Practice Squad
    Broncos D is really starting to play better. That should concern the rest of the AFC
    It's interesting to me that in the Chiefs' first two drives, they've asked Smith to throw it five times but handed it off to Charles only once. J-Mail is their best offence player but he's touched the ball once so far only. I would have thought that, notwithstanding Manning's gimpy ankle, you'd want to keep him off the field and what better way to do that than to give Charles the ball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Jet View Post
    It's interesting to me that in the Chiefs' first two drives, they've asked Smith to throw it five times but handed it off to Charles only once. J-Mail is their best offence player but he's touched the ball once so far only. I would have thought that, notwithstanding Manning's gimpy ankle, you'd want to keep him off the field and what better way to do that than to give Charles the ball.
    They tried to go to Charles this time, but at 2 yards a pop, its hard to establish the run.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Two actual great teams. Heck of a matchup. I like the Broncos by 2 TDs.
    I don't think we know if the Chiefs are for real or not yet - after the Bengals, 4-6 Cleveland and 5-5 Dallas are probably the best teams they've played.

Denver has a really good rush D, could be that's why the Chiefs have tried to throw

Their D is holding up so far but you can only give Peyton so many chances before he burns you

Lucky break but chiefs d is impressive nothing easy for Denver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Interesting turn of events, 2 straight turnovers and Peyton gets the ball back.

Oh wow what a crazy sequence. I was about to say the Chiefs needed breaks like that to win this game, then they give it right back to Denver

All Pro
    Beautiful throw. I guess this Manning dude is pretty good.

Chiefs are in pretty serious trouble. They are not a team built to come from behind

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Jet View Post
    I hope DeVito plays some good football. Always came across as a blue collar type of player and while the Jets were never going to pay him the money KC offered him, he was good value for an UDFA.
    Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 1m
    Left knee injury for ex-Jet Mike DeVito. His return is questionable.

Hopefully its nothing serious, DeVito is an easy guy to root for.

Chiefs with a nice bounceback TD

My bold prediction was that Denver would score only 17. COME ON, CHIEFS D!

Bowe scores a TD for KC, and NBC plays Carry On My Wayward Son, going to commercial. Classic!