Thread: Allen's play time and Ed Reed

Jets Insider VIP

Allen's play time and Ed Reed

I didn't get to watch the game close enough to observe the defense closely. The broadcast highlighted Reed starting over Allen. Anyone know what kind of defensive schemes we were running? Were both Allen and Reeed both on the field often? Did Reed cut into a lot of Allens playing time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Come on film geeks. Anyone?

All League
    Ed's gonna have to step it up if he's gonna have 5+ interceptions as a Jet by the end of the season.

we wont get to see the coaches film until Tuesday I believe, on NFL Game Rewind

Only noticed Reed on 3 plays, a nice tackle on a screen pass. A play where he whiffed on a tackle and a Blitz where Manuel dumped off to a screen.

I saw him cover the QB's first option on a third and short over the middle and the QB had no place to go so we were able to get a stop.

Veteran
    good news? Reed certainly didnt look slow

All Pro
    I just saw Antonio Allen covering a WR (Hogan) on a third down. Of course the Bills converted...

All League
    Pretty sure he was out there when Cro got beat on the long TD

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He was on the other side of the field when the ball was thrown, probably helping out the other corners. We may need to rethink that strategy.

from what ive seen he played well. all those deep balls we gave up went the other side with landry in coverage. he made a couple nice stops in the running game but i guess the bills tried to avoid throwing the ball in his direction. he looked quick and read the plays correctly from what i saw. hope they let him roam a little more next week. landry cant cover for ****.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Only noticed Reed on 3 plays, a nice tackle on a screen pass. A play where he whiffed on a tackle and a Blitz where Manuel dumped off to a screen.
    The screen pass went incomplete. Reed affected the timing of the play.

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Ed Reed played 61 of 69 defensive snaps, per @PFF. Antonio Allen played only 4. Yeah, I'm sure he's thrilled with Reed's arrival. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes he was.

Jets Insider VIP
    He was. But he was on the other side of the field. Probably trying to protect Milliner who, by the way, has no business being on the field right now, much less in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Ed's gonna have to step it up if he's gonna have 5+ interceptions as a Jet by the end of the season.
    You people and your stupid expectations.

The guy is getting paid next to minimum and looks to be an upgrade over Allen. And Reed or any safety doesn't matter if our corners continue to get burned on the outsides. Both with the deep and short passes.

It's so hard for fans to determine how well a safety plays. We never know if the CB has man coverage or if he is supposed to get help from the safety deep. The same in the running game. Would love to hear how the coaching staff graded him out.

Landry is slow and the Jets main problem, can't wait till he's gone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Ed Reed played 61 of 69 defensive snaps, per @PFF. Antonio Allen played only 4. Yeah, I'm sure he's thrilled with Reed's arrival. #nyj
    wow...I noticed him out there a lot, but had no idea the snap discrepancy between he and allen was that dramatic.

I love Ed Reed but when certain things happened, I was looking to see where he was. I'm not sure if it's the injury or just getting used to the new team but he didn't look too good from what I saw. Again, just a casual observation but didn't look like the old Reed to me. I love the pickup but didn't like the small sample I saw.