Thread: WC Cup Draw

Jets Insider VIP

WC Cup Draw

Should start in a few minutes

Jets Insider VIP
    POT 1 (SEEDED TEAMS) Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Switzerland and Uruguay

POT 2 (AFRICA/SOUTH AMERICA) Algeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Chile and Ecuador

POT 3 (ASIA/NORTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA) United States, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea

POT 4 (EUROPE) Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Russia.

Jets Insider VIP
    To have same number of teams per pot, one team from Pot 4 will go to Pot 2

FML

Germany, Ghana, and Portugal

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    FML

Germany, Ghana, and Portugal
    Really tough draw for you guys.

We totally lucked out: Switzerland, Honduras, Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Really tough draw for you guys.

We totally lucked out: Switzerland, Honduras, Ecuador
    Excellent draw for you.

Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica.

Not the easiest but definitely not the worse draw we could have got. Playing Italy in the amazon helps as conditions will be difficult for both. Just need someone to injure Suarez on the last day of the season and we might make it out of the group.

TOugh draw for the US, but man, Australia got the shaft... Spain, Holland, Chile... That's a tough draw.

For the 3rd time... maybe we can exercise the demons against Ghana. The US cannot advance w/o winning that first match against Ghana.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals & Jets View Post
    Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica.

Not the easiest but definitely not the worse draw we could have got. Playing Italy in the amazon helps as conditions will be difficult for both. Just need someone to injure Suarez on the last day of the season and we might make it out of the group.
    I think that's a pretty good draw. Uruguay and Italy are good, but not great. And Costa Rica might be the worst of the 8 teams in the NA/Asia Pot

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I think that's a pretty good draw. Uruguay and Italy are good, but not great. And Costa Rica might be the worst of the 8 teams in the NA/Asia Pot
    I actually would have prefered that draw to the "cakewalk" we've been dealt which we are perfectly capable of screwing up because we'd take the games for granted.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 12-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.

TOugh draw for the US, but man, Australia got the shaft... Spain, Holland, Chile... That's a tough draw.

For the 3rd time... maybe we can exercise the demons against Ghana. The US cannot advance w/o winning that first match against Ghana.
    What's the order of the matches?

Ghana first and then who?

Portugal and then Germany I believe.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I dunno....I'm not sure how it could be any worse (other than perhaps replacing Germany with Spain). Portugal is basically a seeded team and Ghana is a veritable US killer.

I honestly don't see much of a chance of getting out of the Group. A win against Ghana and then play for two ties?

my croatia got shafted again being lumped into the brasil group also with cameroon and mexico.

i say we beat cameroon and mexico

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    my croatia got shafted again being lumped into the brasil group also with cameroon and mexico.

i say we beat cameroon and mexico
    Not a terrible group, not a great group. Cameroon might be the weakest team in the Africa/South America pool, except for maybe Algeria. Mexico is the most unpredictable team in the field (last year they looked like they were going to challenge for the World Cup, this year they needed US to rescue them just to make the World Cup, who knows which Mexico team shows up in 2014, they do have talent, though). Brazil at home is tough, but I'm not sure if it's significantly worse than drawing a Spain, Germany, or... actually that's about it. I'd say those 3 are above the rest in the seeded pool.

I still think Holland got one of the worst draws of that pool, which basically screwed whoever the Asia/North America rep. Chile/Holland/Spain is insane for one group, especially in South America. I think Australia may be the team least likely to make it out of their group

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I dunno....I'm not sure how it could be any worse (other than perhaps replacing Germany with Spain). Portugal is basically a seeded team and Ghana is a veritable US killer.

I honestly don't see much of a chance of getting out of the Group. A win against Ghana and then play for two ties?
    Ghana is a US killer, but I think I'd rather plan an African team in South America than Chile, other than that, probably the best team in the group... maybe Ivory Coast. I'm baffled that South America ended up with 4 of the top 8 seeds (well, baffled in the sense, that I find it hard to believe that Colombia is better than Holland, not that FIFA would find a way to stack the deck for South America).