Thread: Last Leg of WC Playoff Round Tonight

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Leg of WC Playoff Round Tonight

We lost badly in Ukraine 2-0 and will take a miracle for us to pass…buut you never know.

Even though we would be insignificant in the grand scheme of things a WC without your country sucks.

Other matchups:
    Romania – Greece (1-3)
    Croatia – Iceland (0-0)
    Sweden – Portugal (0-1)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-0 34th minute!!

1 more and we're in!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    France playing with passion. Benzema something else. Watching Sweden as well, hoping to see Zlatan knock CR & Portugal out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheptr View Post
    France playing with passion. Benzema something else. Watching Sweden as well, hoping to see Zlatan knock CR & Portugal out.
    Bummer the WC will be without Zlatan or Cristiano.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red card for Ukraine.

Things lookin good :boogie:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. Ronaldo's pretty good at this game, too. Clearly Zlatan is choking by only scoring 2 goals in the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Any game Hugo keeps a clean sheet is a good game for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Hmm. Ronaldo's pretty good at this game, too. Clearly Zlatan is choking by only scoring 2 goals in the game.
    Zlatan after the game

"A World Cup without me isn't worth watching"

I love this dude.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is forever taking the piss

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zlatan after the game

"A World Cup without me isn't worth watching"

I love this dude.
    I saw that, it made me laugh. It's tough for a guy like him. He really did all he could, he's a fantastic player. Just wasn't going to happen, Portugal is a tough draw.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the qual Raoul.

I do really feel for Ibra - have to admit my own country qualed and we are no where near the level of the other teams. France for a start smashed us in a friendly only a few months ago and they weren't even in 3rd gear.

While the World Cup should be representative of (ahem) the world, it mainly should be a showcase for the top talent in the world to display their talent.

I mean, who would you rather watch, Ibra or Tim Cahill?

Admittedly it would basically just make the tournament a Europe vs South America event but at least at the end of it you could actually say the winner was the World Champion, rather than negotiating a super soft draw early on with a few hard ones at the end vs teams who were tired from being put in a group of death.

There are teams that haven't qualed for it who could probably run up a double digit goal tally versus Australia and its a shame we're in and they aren't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Congrats on the qual Raoul.

I do really feel for Ibra - have to admit my own country qualed and we are no where near the level of the other teams. France for a start smashed us in a friendly only a few months ago and they weren't even in 3rd gear.

While the World Cup should be representative of (ahem) the world, it mainly should be a showcase for the top talent in the world to display their talent.

I mean, who would you rather watch, Ibra or Tim Cahill?

Admittedly it would basically just make the tournament a Europe vs South America event but at least at the end of it you could actually say the winner was the World Champion, rather than negotiating a super soft draw early on with a few hard ones at the end vs teams who were tired from being put in a group of death.

There are teams that haven't qualed for it who could probably run up a double digit goal tally versus Australia and its a shame we're in and they aren't.
    That's why I prefer the Euro because the serious stuff starts in the 1st round and the level is already competitive.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why I prefer the Euro because the serious stuff starts in the 1st round and the level is already competitive.
    Agree about the Euros - in the past winning it has been a much greater achievement than win the World Cup - if they could only make South America part of Europe for the time of the Euros it would be the perfect competition, sort of like how it was in 1938 (obviously the World Cup of that year). Would shut out all the chaff like my own country (tbh we focus domestically on Aussie Rules Football, thugby league and cricket, and the actual football is very poor in comparison to them - not that we'd have much of a chance if we were focused on it anyway).
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 11-26-2013 at 07:59 AM.