Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TURNOVERS! END OF STORY!

TURNOVERS! END OF STORY!

As pissed off as I was after Sundays game & wanted everyone to die a slow & agonizing death it's now Tuesday, the Pats not only lost but in the most GUT WRENCHING way possible by the hands of the refs that have made all of our lives miserable for years as Jet fans, putting a smile on my face, but I digress.
    Bottom line:
    Any team that turns the ball over 4 times a game in this league will win 1% of their games!
    You cannot turn the ball over!
    Did you see Ridley on the bench?
    You can not turn the ball over!
    Doesn't matter what anyone player does out there if your giving the ball to the other team.
    You only get so many opportunities to possess the ball.
    As long as we have Qbs that do not protect the ball (Sanchez & now Geno) we will not succeed.
    Did I say you can not turn the ball over?
    Last edited by jetster; 11-19-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Good research, I knew it would be low,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    As pissed off as I was after Sundays game & wanted everyone to die a slow & agonizing death it's now Tuesday, the Pats not only lost but in the most GUT WRENCHING way possible by the hands of the refs that have made all of our lives miserable for years as Jet fans, putting a smile on my face, but I regress.
    Bottom line:
    Any team that turns the ball over 4 times a game in this league will win 1% of their games!
    Doesn't matter what anyone player does out there if your giving the ball to the other team.
    As long as we have Qbs that do not protect the ball (Sanchez & now Geno) we will not succeed.
    So let me get this straight, you think you cannot turn the ball over and win games right?
    Wow I did not realize that.

j/k couldn't agree more. Couple that with piss poor OL play and this is wht we have, a turnover machine. I vote we name our o-line "The Bakery"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    As pissed off as I was after Sundays game & wanted everyone to die a slow & agonizing death it's now Tuesday, the Pats not only lost but in the most GUT WRENCHING way possible by the hands of the refs that have made all of our lives miserable for years as Jet fans, putting a smile on my face, but I regress.
    Bottom line:
    There is another side to the story that often gets ignored. Yes, we turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate and need to take care of the ball better, but we do not force turnovers either. 7 forced turnovers all season. Dead last in the NFL in turnovers forced. We are trying to win with a young qb, we need to give him some short fields every once in a while. There are very few offenses in this league that can consistently drive 80+ yards to score.

Its kind of remarkable that we are 5-5 while being minus 14 on the season. Our defense needs to force turnovers and our offense needs to stop turning the damn ball over. Sounds simple, but why is it so effin hard?

Rookie
    How about the odd boys since we only win 1-3-5-7-and our 9.

However you are totally correct re TO's. I'm getting sick of watching this. Under Rex, Sanchez set the tone and Geno has followed thru. I put it on Rex. IDK who is on the bench, he has to go next man up sooner rather than later and he simply refuses to do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    How about the odd boys since we only win 1-3-5-7-and our 9.

However you are totally correct re TO's. I'm getting sick of watching this. Under Rex, Sanchez set the tone and Geno has followed thru. I put it on Rex. IDK who is on the bench, he has to go next man up sooner rather than later and he simply refuses to do it.
    I assume you put all Eli's turnovers on Tom Coughlin as well right??

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I assume you put all Eli's turnovers on Tom Coughlin as well right??
    Give me a break. Eli has two rings. Can you say apples and oranges?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Give me a break. Eli has two rings. Can you say apples and oranges?
    We were talking turnovers that you put on Rex so why does Coughlin get no blame?? I put turnovers on the person that did them and in either case it wasn't the HC..

I thought before the season started that if the Jets could have a QB that simply did not turn the ball over at a rate similar to Sanchez last year, then the Jets D would be good enough to rack up a few more wins for them. The last few losses, Geno has looked as bad as Sanchez last year but the difference is, he's a ROOKIE- Sanchez doing that in his 4th year in the league is inexcusable.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We were talking turnovers that you put on Rex so why does Coughlin get no blame?? I put turnovers on the person that did them and in either case it wasn't the HC..
    What I'm saying is that if he is prepared to bench Milliner and Ducasse when they are costing us games than he should be prepared to bench Geno when he's costing us games. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    There is another side to the story that often gets ignored. Yes, we turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate and need to take care of the ball better, but we do not force turnovers either. 7 forced turnovers all season. Dead last in the NFL in turnovers forced. We are trying to win with a young qb, we need to give him some short fields every once in a while. There are very few offenses in this league that can consistently drive 80+ yards to score.

Its kind of remarkable that we are 5-5 while being minus 14 on the season. Our defense needs to force turnovers and our offense needs to stop turning the damn ball over. Sounds simple, but why is it so effin hard?
    We have no ball hawks in secondary.. Cro and dee are too busy with their backs to the qb trying to catch back up to the wr who just got behind them to worry about picks.. But there have certainly been balls that hit D right in chest that dropped.. Pats game especially..

Problem is that you cannot just say that you want to have less turnovers. More importantly, PLAYING to have fewer turnovers invariably leads to bad situations for the QB which leads to more turnovers.

Turtled, hyper conservative offense is NOT on any level the way to reduce turnovers. Making the opponent play the entire field, using short medium and long passing, play action and being aggressive on offense but smart is the way to put your QB in a position to succeed, which leads to better ball control.

Rex still does not see this. He is the problem, not the players

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Problem is that you cannot just say that you want to have less turnovers. More importantly, PLAYING to have fewer turnovers invariably leads to bad situations for the QB which leads to more turnovers.

Turtled, hyper conservative offense is NOT on any level the way to reduce turnovers. Making the opponent play the entire field, using short medium and long passing, play action and being aggressive on offense but smart is the way to put your QB in a position to succeed, which leads to better ball control.

Lol another agenda Rex hater.. You guys are funny.. News flash : Marty is calling the plays for the offense.. If you even bother to read articles on this very subject you will hear him justify why he has been calling more run plays lately.. He mentioned having key receivers out, or as in saints game a aggressive Rob Ryan D over pursue upfield he simply called trap plays which is why Ivory was able to have big long runs.. But also receivers are not getting open, hill is frustrating the coaches.. The line is not giving geno the time to let deeper routes develop.. Since we have little threats there is less need for double team/safety over top which means more pressure.. Finally geno is not reading the Ds well, almost expected for a rook but clearing his learning curve has been much slower than what Marty would like.. He is telegraphing his throws like Sanchez use to do locking in on 1 receiver.. This is by far the biggest challenge for Marty he has ever had.. Hopefully Kerley is ready to go soon..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

some great points to digest ! The G&P is NOT suited for all QBs. Rex has to understand that! When you force a QB to throw on 3rd down and long most of the game, trouble brews. Yes the QB throws the ball but being put into a position when chances of success are minimal is on coaching. Coaches are supposed to put players in position to play well and its up to the players to capitalize. Yes coaches coach and players play but each has to do their job!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol another agenda Rex hater.. You guys are funny.. News flash : Marty is calling the plays for the offense.. If you even bother to read articles on this very subject you will hear him justify why he has been calling more run plays lately.. He mentioned having key receivers out, or as in saints game a aggressive Rob Ryan D over pursue upfield he simply called trap plays which is why Ivory was able to have big long runs.. But also receivers are not getting open, hill is frustrating the coaches.. The line is not giving geno the time to let deeper routes develop.. Since we have little threats there is less need for double team/safety over top which means more pressure.. Finally geno is not reading the Ds well, almost expected for a rook but clearing his learning curve has been much slower than what Marty would like.. He is telegraphing his throws like Sanchez use to do locking in on 1 receiver.. This is by far the biggest challenge for Marty he has ever had.. Hopefully Kerley is ready to go soon..
    In the early going we read articles saying MM was giving Geno no mercy. He gave him every type of throw known to man. Then after Tenn. REX did decide to run more and the rest is history. I wish I could locate the articles that stated this but I think most of us have read them. Do you expect MM to go against REX in print? He has to say what he does to keep peace and harmony. BUT I will say I think we will open it up vs Baltimore.

Bills got pressure & their secondary played lights out.
    Also Pettine used the super fast tackling droty Alonzo to take away Genos outlets.
    Don't for one second exonerate the coaching staff for Sundays debacle.
    We had 2 weeks to put in a game plan & the Bill had 6 days.
    Bills plan kicked us in the teeth & even the players admitted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    In the early going we read articles saying MM was giving Geno no mercy. He gave him every type of throw known to man. Then after Tenn. REX did decide to run more and the rest is history. I wish I could locate the articles that stated this but I think most of us have read them. Do you expect MM to go against REX in print? He has to say what he does to keep peace and harmony. BUT I will say I think we will open it up vs Baltimore.
    I'd be interested in "finding " those articles also as it would contradict the ones that are out ha.. Point is run won pat and saints games.. But balance attack is what we need.. Marty 's mo is keeping Ds guessing.. He has repeated that is his theme many times.. There is no way Izdik would let Rex tell Marty how to run Marty's offense.. You can see Izdik doing what a gm is suppose to do.. Take charge.. Rex said the qb decision would be his, then Izdik came out and said " ah actually it's mine" but would get a input from Rex and Marty.. You have seen Rex keep his mouth shut and finally has his brashness tamed.. Anyone with a brain sees that is Izdik being the boss.. Yes the gm is the boss, MT was a terrible boss.. Marty also is here on 1 yr deal.. He can easily find a OC job anywhere.. He isn't going to let Rex tell him what to run and mess up his great rep.. If Rex was in his face he would know either Rex or he would not be here next yr.. If Rex wasn't fired Marty is too established to want to stay with a HC who is going to tell him how to run a offense.. So he could just coach how he wanted and make himself look the best he could for next job interview.. Izdik would not allow Rex to step on Marty.. Who probably has a safer job security here then Rex.. Who remembers the post game of when giants beat jets 2 yrs ago in dec? Run game was going pretty well but shotty insisted on throwing 50+ times and Sanchez did what he did best - turned ball over few times.. Rex said in post game he wasn't pleased with throwing 50+ times.. So obviously that was all shotty.. If Rex didn't control a weak OC in shotty when MT was here, there is no way he controls a great 1 especially while Izdik is here..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I thought before the season started that if the Jets could have a QB that simply did not turn the ball over at a rate similar to Sanchez last year, then the Jets D would be good enough to rack up a few more wins for them. The last few losses, Geno has looked as bad as Sanchez last year but the difference is, he's a ROOKIE- Sanchez doing that in his 4th year in the league is inexcusable.
    Rookie or not, 16 interceptions in 10 games is unacceptable. EJ Manuel is a rookie with 4 picks through 7 games. Mike Glennon is a rookie with 4 picks through 7 games. Russell Wilson last year, 10 in 16 games. Andrew Luck, 18 in 16 games. RG3, 5 in 15 games. Ryan Tannehill, 13 in 16 games. Over the last two seasons, Luck is the only other rookie QB to throw more than 1 pick per game.

If you are going to compare Geno to Luck, Geno was picked 16 times on 295 throws (5.4%). Luck - 18 times on 627 throws (2.9%). Not exactly comparable. I know he is a rookie, but not all rookies turn the ball over twice per game. He may still develop into a very good qb, but he needs to cut down on the turnovers this season. No more rookie excuses. Other rookies limit their mistakes. Geno needs to figure out how to limit his mistakes. If he doesn't, then bring in someone else next year to at least give him real competition.

We need Mark Sanchez. He NEVER turns the ball over.