Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NE gets taste of own medicine... Tammy cries off the field looool

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You know you still had to win the game after the fact had that penalty for pushing from behind not been called, right? You also know we have up the lead before that, right? Pats fans love to talke like we were given a win. Your team routinely gets no calls or is given bs calls- "as recently as" the end of the Saints game with only of the more blatant no call holds your o line has gotten away with for over a decade.
    BZaJvIOCMAEdltK.jpg

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Yeah more like win almost all, lose one. The call in our game was correct.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    2 words.... TUCK RULE (sorry, i hadda)
    No need to apologize. I enjoy talking about the tuck rule. When I first heard it explained properly by Mike Periera back in 2001 it made perfect sense. The NFL didn't want the refs to have to determine the point of demarcation between the QBs arm going forward for a pass or going forward to be tucked away, so they determined that it would be best if as soon as the arm started going forward anything after that would be ruled an incomplete pass. I saw it many times before and after the 2001 Snow Bowl. I can't wait for some team to get burned by the change.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats have been robbed by the officials plenty of times over the years, just like many other teams. I can go back to 1976 for one of the first thefts or as recent as the latest Jets game to see them. In 2009 the refs gave Indy the tying and winning TD's on phantom interference calls in the AFCCG, which was so bad that the NFL sent them an apology.

This game wasn't as bad as some of the others. Even if they called a penalty there's no guarantee that the Pats would have scored. Plenty of Pats fans see it the same way as I do, and realize that there were other factors more responsible for that loss than a bad call. The Ridley fumble, Talib's poor play and a stupid penalty from Logan Mankins (again) are more to blame.

If there was ever such a thing as a good loss, that game would be one of them. The Pats played a very tough team at home and almost pulled out another win.
    You're going back to 1976? We are talking about how Brady and Beliprick always get calls. Also, why do Pats fans go on Jets message boards? I would never go on Pats message boards seems stupid and a waste of time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of us Jets fans need to stop focusing on all the trials and tribulations of the Pats. It's time for this inferiority complex to stop. All teams have bad calls made on them throughout the season. The difference between good teams and bad ones is that the bad ones use such calls as an excuse, the good ones don't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Anyone notice after the 4th down play, Belichick made a beeline straight for the ref to complain about the clock? Slimy prick got two seconds added on. I was sure the fix was in. Couldn't've happened to a nicer bunch.
    Nah! The Ref just finally caught that the timekeeper ran off three seconds after the Panthers scored a TD and they were off the official play clock:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BE05B...d7tVR5sekUAcOb

The Panthers scored the TD at 1:02 and the timekeeper let the clock keep running until 0:59.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    No need to apologize. I enjoy talking about the tuck rule. When I first heard it explained properly by Mike Periera back in 2001 it made perfect sense. The NFL didn't want the refs to have to determine the point of demarcation between the QBs arm going forward for a pass or going forward to be tucked away, so they determined that it would be best if as soon as the arm started going forward anything after that would be ruled an incomplete pass. I saw it many times before and after the 2001 Snow Bowl. I can't wait for some team to get burned by the change.
    What kills me with the tuck rule is that if when it was legal, technically a qb could constantly/repeatedly barely pretend to throw, or pretend to shuffle pass and pull the ball back and almost never fumble the ball if he got hit and the ball jarred loose. He would never have to hold it firmly in his possession.
    One of the most awful rules in the history of the game. It's football, not let's see what the qb will do today. There's 21 other guys on the field playing the game too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not forget about the Leg whip on Charles Johnson by N.E. O Tackle - and it was a no call but an obvious penalty and in my eyes attempt to injure. The game changed after Johnson went out. Patriots are dirty and deserve everything they get!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The best part was seeing Brady making the PI hand motion, as if he is the one deciding. Fully confident it is coming and lining up for his next attempt.
    I've grown to love you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    You're going back to 1976? We are talking about how Brady and Beliprick always get calls. Also, why do Pats fans go on Jets message boards? I would never go on Pats message boards seems stupid and a waste of time.
    I gave you examples of times that Brady and Belichick didn't get the call. You just want to ignore those.

I go on other team's boards too, especially when the subject is my team. The difference is that they don't constantly whine about my being there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    What kills me with the tuck rule is that if when it was legal, technically a qb could constantly/repeatedly barely pretend to throw, or pretend to shuffle pass and pull the ball back and almost never fumble the ball if he got hit and the ball jarred loose. He would never have to hold it firmly in his possession.
    One of the most awful rules in the history of the game. It's football, not let's see what the qb will do today. There's 21 other guys on the field playing the game too.
    Every time I would see that exact play, and that includes our 2001 Snow Bowl game, a Dallas game with Tony Romo, a Jets game with Vinny Testaverde (against us I think) and a couple of others, I would jump out of my seat and yell "FUMBLE" because that's what it always used to be. In each situation it was ruled an incomplete pass. In the Romo example the other team picked the fumble up and ran it in for a TD, only to have it called back.

Here's the other thing that fascinates me about the tuck rule call in the 2001 Raiders game. Here we had a team who was victimized (in their mind) on a legal call and have not stopped crying about it in over a decade. Yet, when I saw former Raider George Atkinson being interviewed in an NFLN show about the Top Ten Raiders of all time, he was proudly announcing that the Raiders have always lived by the motto that "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' Plus, it was exactly 25 years before the tuck rule call that the Raiders stole a playoff game on an actual bad call, not on the correct call of a bad rule. Perfect symmetry if you ask me.

Here's something else that many of the younger fans might not know. Back in the very old days a lateral was not determined by the direction that the ball was thrown but by the angle of the QBs arm when he threw it. In essence, what we call a shuttle pass now would have been considered a lateral and a fumble if it was not caught. They changed that rule too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Nah! The Ref just finally caught that the timekeeper ran off three seconds after the Panthers scored a TD and they were off the official play clock:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BE05B...d7tVR5sekUAcOb

The Panthers scored the TD at 1:02 and the timekeeper let the clock keep running until 0:59.
    With all due respect Rob I think the Patriots may be the worlds heavyweight champion of hometown timekeeping. For years I have watched them shamelessly and egregiously expand the envelop for what is acceptable in this area. That is probably the reason why Belichick is so sensitized towards picking up on this practice when the other guys are doing it.

<edited to add>
    Honestly I was kinda pissed that were did not do the same thing or that we did not do it nearly so well.