Thread: My thought!

My thought!

I do not post much.I love to see all the pos. and negs. but I gotta say that when I saw HOWARD on the Offensive line it just brought back memories with Sanchez. The dude can not block.Geno looked like a sitting duck out there all day.I can not blame all this on our Q.B.He never had any chance to get out of the pocket or change a play. Our offensive line is old material.The brick is getting smashedfaced,Mangold used to run down the field blocking with our running backs,We have no Offensive line weapons.We can not blame it on our rookie q.b. I am not surprised that We run more trick plays.This offensive coach is just too much smarter than our offensive line or what We have.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brookshea View Post
    I do not post much.I love to see all the pos. and negs. but I gotta say that when I saw HOWARD on the Offensive line it just brought back memories with Sanchez. The dude can not block.Geno looked like a sitting duck out there all day.I can not blame all this on our Q.B.He never had any chance to get out of the pocket or change a play. Our offensive line is old material.The brick is getting smashedfaced,Mangold used to run down the field blocking with our running backs,We have no Offensive line weapons.We can not blame it on our rookie q.b. I am not surprised that We run more trick plays.This offensive coach is just too much smarter than our offensive line or what We have.
    He is a solid runblocker. But a liability in pass blocking--like many other RTs in the league. We need to keep a TE next to him to help, or a runningback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Three draft picks were spent on the oline.

Its time to start looking for Brick and Mangold's replacements also.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Its time to start looking for Brick and Mangold's replacements also.
    START, is the keyword. They still got a good 3-4 years left in them. Although they will continue to regress

Hall Of Fame

My thought!

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    He is a solid runblocker. But a liability in pass blocking--like many other RTs in the league. We need to keep a TE next to him to help, or a runningback.
    In todays NFL you essentially need two LTs on your OL if you want to be one of these offenses that can take advantage of the rules.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    In todays NFL you essentially need two LTs on your OL if you want to be one of these offenses that can take advantage of the rules.
    Don't the Colts often have 2 LTs on the field instead of a TE?

Rookie
    The main problem with the OL is Winters. At the combine he only did like 9 bench press reps. He's a weakling and he's getting pushed around out there. Both Brick and Nick have to keep an eye out for him and it's hurting their performances. Howard is actually right there at average of the league at RT so please stop with the major criticism of him.

Veteran
    lets face it, this o-line has seen better days. we could really use an upgrade at almost every position except center, with LT being debatable. i like brick but he hasn't been himself lately.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    The main problem with the OL is Winters. At the combine he only did like 9 bench press reps. He's a weakling and he's getting pushed around out there. Both Brick and Nick have to keep an eye out for him and it's hurting their performances. Howard is actually right there at average of the league at RT so please stop with the major criticism of him.
    holy ****e - he did only do 9! The next worst OL guy was at 17. I think I could probably squeak out 9. . . that's turrrible!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets need to focus on beating every remaining team besides the Panthers. AFC teams come first.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brookshea View Post
    Are you talking about the guy that's given up a whopping 1 sacks, and 11 hurries the whole year? Maybe you're confused and talking about winters (6 sacks, 11 hurries in half the snaps), or Brick(5 sacks, 21 hurries). Right now Mangold cannot block downfield because he needs to stay in and help Winters. Brick is suffering from the same problem. Colon, and Howard are our best linemen simply because they are far away from him. The run blocking is suffering as a whole because of him too. You guys wanted Vlad out, and you got it. Don't complain now. Vlad gave up just 2 sacks in around the same number of snaps btw, and his run blocking was by far superior.

Is that correct? If so, holy ****.

All I remember hearing from Winters was how he played nasty and was aggressive, so I took the natural leap that he was working with some power. After seeing him pushed around I thought it was a technique thing, but 9 reps???? I'd bet at least 10% of this board could do that (at one point in time).

I would automatically exclude any OL who couldn't put up 225 at least 15-20 times.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Is that correct? If so, holy ****.

All I remember hearing from Winters was how he played nasty and was aggressive, so I took the natural leap that he was working with some power. After seeing him pushed around I thought it was a technique thing, but 9 reps???? I'd bet at least 10% of this board could do that (at one point in time).

I would automatically exclude any OL who couldn't put up 225 at least 15-20 times.
    On the other hand it means he did what he did without the benefit of a good training program. Just think what he can do with a year of NFL workouts under his belt. That said, he has no business being on the field this year. The line was much better as a whole with Vlad in there, penalties and all.

At the NFL Scouting Combine last month in Indianapolis, Winters stopped after nine reps in the bench press because of a pectoral strain. He did not lift Wednesday, saying he will wait perhaps a month at the advice of his agent Joel Segal and doctor. He said when he does bench press, the session will be taped for all interested teams.

He did 9 Reps because he got hurt Jesus ...

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    At the NFL Scouting Combine last month in Indianapolis, Winters stopped after nine reps in the bench press because of a pectoral strain. He did not lift Wednesday, saying he will wait perhaps a month at the advice of his agent Joel Segal and doctor. He said when he does bench press, the session will be taped for all interested teams.

He did 9 Reps because he got hurt Jesus ...
    Appreciate the clarification - the thought of 9 reps is just insane for an OL.

Rookie
    I've looked everywhere I could think of and haven't found any updates post "injury". If anyone can find anything new, please post it because he sure looks like a weakling out there to me.

Defending Winters with the "injury" rational strikes me as being similar to defending Hill's pass catching and route running deficiencies with the "he wasn't on a passing team in college" rational. They both might be ok given enough time but as of right now they both stink.

Practice Squad

This is just stupid, ofcourse the dude can do more than 9 reps of 225!!! He is a OL for christ sake....i mean i am 190lbs and i can do 10 reps easily, so I am positive it is because of that pec strain. The dude does get pushed around but that is more technique than anything else...

I've looked everywhere I could think of and haven't found any updates post "injury". If anyone can find anything new, please post it because he sure looks like a weakling out there to me.

Defending Winters with the "injury" rational strikes me as being similar to defending Hill's pass catching and route running deficiencies with the "he wasn't on a passing team in college" rational. They both might be ok given enough time but as of right now they both stink.

At his work out at Kent State he didn't Lift but ran and did positional Drills ...
    Can't find it but Winters has done up to 32 reps per his Strength Coach at Kent
    His Problem is Technique ... Which Kyle Williams ate him up last Game...