Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vick as a Jet?

All League

Mike Vick as a Jet?

With Foles playing as well as he is, no doubt Philly will be looking to deal Vick at the end of the season. Any interest in NY? IMO he's still got some good years ahead of him. And he can definitely put asses in seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    OH HELL NAHH... He is the most overrated QB in history.

You think Chad Pennington was injury prone? Vick makes Chad look like Cal Ripken Jr.

Practice Squad
    Yeah.

Nah.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    You think Chad Pennington was injury prone? Vick makes Chad look like Cal Ripken Jr.
    Vick is not injury prone in the same way Pennington was. Pennington could injure himself simply throwing the ball. Vick is tougher, but he throws his body out there too much. He's gotten better at not doing that, but yeah, he still does not protect himself enough.

Still, suppose as a Jets fan your choice next year was between seeing Geno under center or Vick, which would you choose?

can we sign OJ Simpson as well?

There is not many things this team could do to loose me as a fan but THAT IS ONE. Vick comes here I am done with this franchise. I just dont believe he should be the face of any team. I have already lost all respect for Philly. Despite our rep I still like to believe we are a higher character team then that. That is a NE, Cinci, Oakland, or Dallas desperate move just to win I want no part of. I hope he ends up in Jax or Oakland where we never have to hear about the Mike Vick experience again. From what I can tell that is playing half a season and blaming the refs and OL because you like to run but dont want to get hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Vick is not injury prone in the same way Pennington was. Pennington could injure himself simply throwing the ball. Vick is tougher, but he throws his body out there too much. He's gotten better at not doing that, but yeah, he still does not protect himself enough.

Still, suppose as a Jets fan your choice next year was between seeing Geno under center or Vick, which would you choose?
    It doesn't matter how someone is injury prone but rather that they are injury prone and Vick is always injured. So a vote for Vick is a vote for whoever his back-up would be.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    OH HELL NAHH... He is the most overrated QB in history.
    no, that is Tom Brady

All League
    Well OK, but I thought it a fair question to ask. I wouldn't expect the Jets to pick him up expecting him to be the future. But suppose in next year's draft they were to pick up a potential franchise QB who just needed a year or two of seasoning to bring him along right. In a scenario like that I could picture Vick being a great "bridge " QB, providing exciting football and "win now" potential while the rookie learns. Wasn't that what Favre was all bout?

And let's face it: Vick, even at this stage in his career, is better a better QB than most of the ones the Jets have sent out onto the field over the years.

lolwhut? They are both very tough guys. Injury prone is injury prone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    lolwhut? They are both very tough guys. Injury prone is injury prone.
    Not so. There are different types of injuries caused by different things. Non-contact repetitive stress injuries like Pennington's ongoing rotator cuff injuries are a death knell because they cannot be avoided...they happen as a result of the player making a motion he needs to make in order to play the game.

Vick's injuries have been the result of contact, and in Vick's case, more contact than almost amy other QB in the league experiences due to his stle of play. If you can change the style of play, limit the contact, then you can reduce the occurence of injury. A running QB can be turned into a pocket passer. Not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Vick has a solid arm and there's nothing wrong with it. He's not the best reading QB but he has tons of experience. If I had to be which will still be playing four years from now, Vick or Geno, I'd put my money on Vick.

All League
    Geno. I already know what Vick can do for the 3 games he plays until he's injured again. Vick, like RGIII, is an incredible athlete, not a durable football player. Vick reminds me of a Bengals QB I learned about from the 60's- Greg Cook.

“Greg was the single most talented player we’ve ever had with the Bengals,” Bengals president Mike Brown said in a statement released by the team today. “His career was tragically short due to the injury. Had he been able to stay healthy, I believe he would have been the player of his era in the NFL.”

Vick has an 11 season career- impressive by NFL standards- but considering the IMMENSE talent he possessed, (legal issues aside) his constant Injuries makes his career seem like a disappointment. I feel the same way about RGIII at this point in time as well.

Rookie
    Not so. There are different types of injuries caused by different things. Non-contact repetitive stress injuries like Pennington's ongoing rotator cuff injuries are a death knell because they cannot be avoided...they happen as a result of the player making a motion he needs to make in order to play the game.

Vick's injuries have been the result of contact, and in Vick's case, more contact than almost amy other QB in the league experiences due to his stle of play. If you can change the style of play, limit the contact, then you can reduce the occurence of injury. A running QB can be turned into a pocket passer. Not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Vick has a solid arm and there's nothing wrong with it. He's not the best reading QB but he has tons of experience. If I had to be which will still be playing four years from now, Vick or Geno, I'd put my money on Vick.
    Pennington hurt/tore his shoulder from hits..... in no way were they "non-contact". His throwing motion was not the cause of his injuries..... that's ridiculous. He had TWO shoulder surgeries.... THEN had his best statistical year. He was plenty tough, and, far more so than Vick.

Not in a million years would I take a QB at his age and at this stage of his career with injuries.

All League
    With Foles playing as well as he is, no doubt Philly will be looking to deal Vick at the end of the season. Any interest in NY? IMO he's still got some good years ahead of him. And he can definitely put asses in seats.
    No. He sucks and kills dogs for fun.

It's only brought up because he's a free agent next year....DUMP. ohhhhh and DUMP GeNO as well please.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    No. He sucks and kills dogs for fun.
    Sad but true.

Luckily, he hasn't called another player names or he'd have trouble finding a job in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looking to deal vick? For what? A starbucks giftcard?