Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vick as a Jet?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Sad but true.

Luckily, he hasn't called another player names or he'd have trouble finding a job in the NFL.
    Hahaha. You can kill people, kill pets, beat your wife and skip child support payments but God forbid you call someone a name.

All League
    NO

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Anyone is better than Geno....so yes, bring on Vick

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    With Foles playing as well as he is, no doubt Philly will be looking to deal Vick at the end of the season. Any interest in NY? IMO he's still got some good years ahead of him. And he can definitely put asses in seats.
    Good years ahead of him? When's his last good year behind him? Dude is the most overrated piece of garbage QB in the league.

No he's the biggest waste. 33+ years old. He'll no. This would set the team back another 3 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hell no

The only veteran FA QB that I'd have any interest in is McCown.

Otherwise, just draft another rookie in the 2nd/3rd round to compete with Geno.

All Pro
    You guys want to sour on Geno but then you wanna bring in a QB who also has accuracy issues and is all but guaranteed not to start 16 games?

This is officially the crazy house! You can't make this **** up

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    No he's the biggest waste. 33+ years old. He'll no. This would set the team back another 3 years.
    I think we bring in him and the Pittsburgh rapist. Set up a cage match, like Mad Max beyond Thunderdome. 2 men enter, 1 man leaves. That's our next QB.

Why would anyone want a 33 year old, whose best asset was his legs (which are going), who is inaccurate and brings all the dog stuff to the table.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    can we sign OJ Simpson as well?
    +1 He still has those killer moves..

Jets Insider VIP
    Vick is not injury prone in the same way Pennington was. Pennington could injure himself simply throwing the ball. Vick is tougher, but he throws his body out there too much. He's gotten better at not doing that, but yeah, he still does not protect himself enough.

Still, suppose as a Jets fan your choice next year was between seeing Geno under center or Vick, which would you choose?
    LOL

Rich Gannon is the only other QB that I can think of that came back from a rotator cuff injury.

Pennington came back from 4 of them.

Was Chad injury prone? Sure

But questioning his toughness is retarded.

Compare that to Vick who is constantly missing time due to hamstring pulls and vagina sprains.

Undrafted Free Agent
    To reply directly to the OP ........ Yes to Vick as QB
    he would come in as a viable veteran option and not necessary as the face of the franchise, franchise saviour that some believe he is expected to be.
    He is an experienced qb in his thirties that can add skill depth, experience and an extra threat dimension.
    Keep grooming Geno and still draft a Qb in 2014.
    This is what teams in a rebuild do.

Idzick however has Geno Gerrard the reincarnated and Simms the underrated in his stable of qbs. I think a viable vet option should have been taken care of the moment that Gerrrard called it quits. The gm should have IRed Sanchez from the start.
    Instead Geno is rushed and possibly hurt in his development

So yes to Vick......As an option .....like other teams have at the qb position

Veteran
    Absolutely not.

I think the better question is why would we want Vick?

He's not a good QB, certainly not the game manger type that would fit our team well.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump

Agreed, dump, this thread has no merit whatsoever... I mean, our owner would never ever reach for some big name or controversial player just because it might get headlines on ESPN. Whoever would even suggest that is just stupid.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

With Foles playing as well as he is, no doubt Philly will be looking to deal Vick at the end of the season. Any interest in NY? IMO he's still got some good years ahead of him. And he can definitely put asses in seats.
    Winning puts asses in seats, not broken-down, injury prone former phenoms.

This is the deepest QB draft class in years. We need to take a flyer on one of these guys coming out and let him compete with Geno.

I'm out if this POS is on the Jets!! I will find a new team to root for.

All Pro
    This does not mesh with my impression of Idzik. Doesn't sound like something he would agree to. Sure he signed an aging veteran in Reed, but much lower stakes move. And Vick just isn't that good.

Please No, Even if he would play for free, Lets just Draft a QB in round 1 of next year,

I'd take vick as a backup... Seriously he's a better option than garrard or simms. Look at what Cleveland did bringing in hoyer and Campbell, two backups that can actually play if needed

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    This does not mesh with my impression of Idzik. Doesn't sound like something he would agree to. Sure he signed an aging veteran in Reed, but much lower stakes move. And Vick just isn't that good.
    I know the Browns would never take Vick with the fans in the dog pound there..