Thread: Jordan Cameron and Some Geno Comments...

Jordan Cameron and Some Geno Comments...

Lets face it, Geno is struggling ritght now, but to make a decision that he is not our franchise QB at this time is ludicrous. Lets look and see who he has to throw to, Dave Nelson and Greg Salas? These are decent players but at best they are a slot receiver at best or 4th WR on a team. Jeremy Kerley? A decent slot receiver who has been dinged up this year. Same for Santonio who is not a #1 WR. Idzik needs to upgrade our offense plane and simple. This kinda segues to the guy that I want on this team and that's Jordan Cameron. This guy is legit. He has got the size speed and pass catching ability to be an elite TE in the NFL. Also he is cheap for at least two years and he is young. This is a guy that Geno can thrive with, a big red zone threat who can catch anything that comes his way.

That being said I would trade a 2nd rounder to acquire him, draft a receiver like Watkins in the 1st, and sign a guy like Eric Decker or James Jones. This would revitalize this offense and then we can see how Geno operates. Just me two cents...thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Lets face it, Geno is struggling ritght now, but to make a decision that he is not our franchise QB at this time is ludicrous. Lets look and see who he has to throw to, Dave Nelson and Greg Salas? These are decent players but at best they are a slot receiver at best or 4th WR on a team. Jeremy Kerley? A decent slot receiver who has been dinged up this year. Same for Santonio who is not a #1 WR. Idzik needs to upgrade our offense plane and simple. This kinda segues to the guy that I want on this team and that's Jordan Cameron. This guy is legit. He has got the size speed and pass catching ability to be an elite TE in the NFL. Also he is cheap for at least two years and he is young. This is a guy that Geno can thrive with, a big red zone threat who can catch anything that comes his way.

That being said I would trade a 2nd rounder to acquire him, draft a receiver like Watkins in the 1st, and sign a guy like Eric Decker or James Jones. This would revitalize this offense and then we can see how Geno operates. Just me two cents...thoughts?
    Most teams like to keep their good players and not trade for picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Cleveland is willing to deal him in the offseason, then I would definitely inquire if I was Idzik.

Winslow is as good as done and Cumberland is a decent #2 at best. I probably wouldn't even bother re-signing him. Would rather just continue to develop Sudfeld as our 2nd TE.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 11-22-2013 at 09:18 AM.

All Pro

I don't see Cleveland trading him....he's young talented and cheap the holy trinity LOL. Gordon was on the block because of character concerns..

Practice Squad

Contrary to people's opinion on this board, Cleveland is not in full rebuilding mode. Their a QB away from being a legit SB contender. Richardson was traded because he stinks and Indy got hosed on that deal. There is no way in hell we're getting Jordan Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Cleveland is willing to deal him in the offseason, then I would definitely inquire if I was Idzik.

Winslow is as good as done and Cumberland is a decent #2 at best. I probably wouldn't even bother re-signing him. Would rather just continue to develop Sudfeld as our 2nd TE.
    I agree with your sentiment, but Geno has shown some comfort with Cumberland so I would like to bring back the latter as our #2 next year. Ideally, I would like Ebron/Amaro as our #1 TE, with Cumby on a short 1-2 year contract while Sudfeld develops.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Contrary to people's opinion on this board, Cleveland is not in full rebuilding mode. Their a QB away from being a legit SB contender. Richardson was traded because he stinks and Indy got hosed on that deal. There is no way in hell we're getting Jordan Cameron.
    That deal is looking better and better for Cleveland.

+ it gives them good ammo to trade up for a QB if they want one.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but Geno has shown some comfort with Cumberland so I would like to bring back the latter as our #2 next year. Ideally, I would like Ebron/Amaro as our #1 TE, with Cumby on a short 1-2 year contract while Sudfeld develops.
    Cumberland is fine as a #2. Thing is if you let him go, you don't even have that. Idzik cleaned up a lot of bad contracts this year, next year he can add some talent, and hopefully continue the process.

The only way to sustain a team for a long period if with hitting on draft picks. Drafting 11 players instead of 4 will go a long way to helping with that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Most teams like to keep their good players and not trade for picks.
    This. Why would Cleveland trade their young, talented, cheap Tight End?

JJ Watt is a very nice player - I think we should try and get him.

Mangini isn't there anymore.