Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Plans?

All League

Thanksgiving Plans?

?
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    As someone who lives on LI and got married in Old Saybrook, I've done that ferry trip a bunch of times. Don't bother enjoying the scenery. Spend the time in the bar on the boat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    the eastern end of Long Island is so pretty.
    Its funny, that part of LI always reminded me of parts of NE!

I got talked into visiting my wifes brother in Atlanta for the holiday; The flight leaves Thanksgiving morning from friggen Laguardia and of course there is snow and freezin weather in the forecast for that day. fml

-

Jets Insider VIP
    I leave LI and head to Westchester to my sister-in-law's house. Small group this year... only 28 people. I have been making this trip for 9 years and try to leave leave early enough to miss traffic both ways and make it home for the night game.

Veteran
    Working, my bills don't know it's Thanksgiving...

Veteran
    This year Mrs B, the kids, and I will be making the trek from New England to her sister's place on Long Island. I hate driving through Connecticut at any time of year and Thanksgiving week is the absolute worst. So I sprung for the Cross Sound Ferry tix from New London to Orient Point. It adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of the trip but it's so much more relaxed (providing you make your ferry on time) and the eastern end of Long Island is so pretty.
    Got stuck in an 8yr relationship with a girl in Wolcott, CT, I used to take the Port Jeff ferry out of Bridgeport, all the time to go home to visit, was not cheap but not a couple hundred. I loved it, especially in the fall months, took it so much the bar tender got to know us well. no other way to get from NE to the Island, with the monumental construction on I95 it is almost impossible to go any other way during the holidays. Enjoy the trip. Living in Florida for the past 17yrs I miss the simple stuff.

P.S. going to sisters in Delray Beach, will probably be 80+ degrees and I will sweat my balls off. Holliday's were meant to be spent up north.
    Last edited by leftturn3; 11-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Per usual, in laws flying in from FL. They are bat **** insanely annoying.

Mrs. FF2 in full stress mode already.

Worst Holiday.

Jets Insider VIP
    I bought a 25 lb turkey and will cook it and bring it to my sister in law's apt in Elmwood Park NJ. She has been sick and this year and we will cheer her up and bring Thanksgiving to her. I'll cook the turkey and she'll make everything else . My daughter and her husband will fly in from Albuquerque on Monday. I get to pick them up at JFK at 5:45 am and they be coming also. I'm looking forward to being together for a week with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Baby's christening is next Sunday. My wife decided instead of going out we're having everyone back to the house afterwards, catered. She just - like three minutes ago - told me the house will be fully decorated for Christmas by then. So I get to spend the rest of my day making like 50 trips to the basement to bring all the crap upstairs. Someone kill me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Per usual, in laws flying in from FL. They are bat **** insanely annoying.

Keep the pen!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Baby's christening is next Sunday. My wife decided instead of going out we're having everyone back to the house afterwards, catered. She just - like three minutes ago - told me the house will be fully decorated for Christmas by then. So I get to spend the rest of my day making like 50 trips to the basement to bring all the crap upstairs. Someone kill me.
    I swear to **d, we increase our Christmas stuff by one "bin" a year, and they are all up in the friggin attic (with those wonderfully narrow "pull down" stairs). Its gotten to where Halloween alone is a five bin job.

Now, admittedly, when its all done and the house looks like Martha Stewart sh*t it out, its nice, but iffin I die in this house, it will prolly be with a 60 lb. bin of marrionette Wooden soldiers perched atop my caved-in chest.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Keep the pen!!!!!

I swear to **d, we increase our Christmas stuff by one "bin" a year, and they are all up in the friggin attic (with those wonderfully narrow "pull down" stairs). Its gotten to where Halloween alone is a five bin job.

Now, admittedly, when its all done and the house looks like Martha Stewart sh*t it out, its nice, but iffin I die in this house, it will prolly be with a 60 lb. bin of marrionette Wooden soldiers perched atop my caved-in chest.

-
    Hand-hewn marionettes?

Get this sh1t. She's not sure where she wants to put the tree this year, so I'm to put it together (will never have a real tree again since getting talked into a fake) and move it to four potential locations. Guaranteed when it's decorated it won't "look right" where it is and will need to be moved again.

Keep the pen!

-
    You larf.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

This year Mrs B, the kids, and I will be making the trek from New England to her sister's place on Long Island. I hate driving through Connecticut at any time of year and Thanksgiving week is the absolute worst. So I sprung for the Cross Sound Ferry tix from New London to Orient Point. It adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of the trip but it's so much more relaxed (providing you make your ferry on time) and the eastern end of Long Island is so pretty.
    That's a great way to travel we use it all the time on returns from seeing my daughter at URI and then on to the Hamptons...stop at Pindar for a case of Mythology if they're open.

We host a crowd for Thanksgiving, which falls on my wedding anniversary this year so I'll probably have to contribute more than the usual drunken turkey carving.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    Driving to DC to pick up daughter 2 who works there. Could fly her but I love DC. Will be there Monday and Tuesday evening. I am taking my daughter and 2 college buddies daughters to dinner Monday. Then driving back home Wednesday for the holiday.

looking forward to it.

THANK GOD the JETS can't ruin Thanksgiving this year.

All Pro
    That's a little mental, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's all good..... Sounds like you are in a very nice place. they grow up FAST. enjoy it!

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife wants to put up the tree this week...

and she wants the living room painted first.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    She married a butt-plundering imbecile, I dont think she had all her marbles to begin with.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    My wife wants to put up the tree this week...

and she wants the living room painted first.
    So does mine lol...I guess that's why she's been painting all week

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    It's all good..... Sounds like you are in a very nice place. they grow up FAST. enjoy it!
    Three kids under four. I'm aging faster than them. ;-)

She married a butt-plundering imbecile, I dont think she had all her marbles to begin with.

She knew what she was getting into. So did I, though. Hey wait, that was insulting! :-(