Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Plans?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Baby's christening is next Sunday. My wife decided instead of going out we're having everyone back to the house afterwards, catered. She just - like three minutes ago - told me the house will be fully decorated for Christmas by then. So I get to spend the rest of my day making like 50 trips to the basement to bring all the crap upstairs. Someone kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    That's a little mental, no?
    I love this time of the year, but that's something I can't get behind. I'm sure you feel the same way JT, you have my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I swear to **d, we increase our Christmas stuff by one "bin" a year, and they are all up in the friggin attic (with those wonderfully narrow "pull down" stairs). Its gotten to where Halloween alone is a five bin job.

-
    I went ahead and got the wider attic stairs in anticipation of this phenomenon when I moved all this stuff out of the basement. So far, so good. Funny how Halloween and Xmas are about even on the bin count. Who'da thunk it?

For us, it's the yearly Italian/traditional day. My favorite is the night before when we pour a cocktail and sample the delectable meatballs. Seriously, one of my favorite days of the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    So does mine lol...I guess that's why she's been painting all week

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD
    You're my fargin' hero.

Picking up the sopne at the airport at 12:45 am on Wednesday. It seemed like a good idea saving $30 on the ticket when I booked in August. Not so good now...
    Me, Mrs. Porgy, and junior Porgy having dinner on Thursday. Back to the airport on Sunday morning. Then....he comes back in 2 1/2 weeks when the semester ends. It will be good having him home.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Picking up the sopne at the airport at 12:45 am on Wednesday. It seemed like a good idea saving $30 on the ticket when I booked in August. Not so good now...
    Me, Mrs. Porgy, and junior Porgy having dinner on Thursday. Back to the airport on Sunday morning. Then....he comes back in 2 1/2 weeks when the semester ends. It will be good having him home.
    I've got the same problem. My daughter booked tickets at JFK for 5:57am arrival flight. They save a bundle $70 but I've got to leave my house at 4 am to pick them up. It means I get up at 3:30am when my normal wake up time is 7 am. Happy thanksgiving to the Porkys' LOL

All League
    Living in resort town, we always have the "orphan" holiday . Cook up bird and fixings and whoever shows up brings wine or booze! Thank god Jets are not on tv this year. I lost it last year being drunk all day then buttfumble! I may have done drugs?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Delivering food on Thanksgiving morning and then out to LI to my parents. Should be nice as this is the first time in a number of years that we aren't going to my in laws.

Headed down to DC for my wife's HS Reunion with the kids staying at my parents. Should be fun - good bunch of idiots that I've known for years so I don't have a problem consuming mass quantities at the bar and ignoring anyone I don't know. We are spending Friday night in Annapolis - haven't been there in years.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Delivering food on Thanksgiving morning and then out to LI to my parents. Should be nice as this is the first time in a number of years that we aren't going to my in laws.

Headed down to DC for my wife's HS Reunion with the kids staying at my parents. Should be fun - good bunch of idiots that I've known for years so I don't have a problem consuming mass quantities at the bar and ignoring anyone I don't know. We are spending Friday night in Annapolis - haven't been there in years.
    Im stayingat the Mayflower again. I remember you telling me you were married there? On weeks like this, rates are really low for such a high quality hotel. Be good.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I've got the same problem. My daughter booked tickets at JFK for 5:57am arrival flight. They save a bundle $70 but I've got to leave my house at 4 am to pick them up. It means I get up at 3:30am when my normal wake up time is 7 am. Happy thanksgiving to the Porkys' LOL
    One of the nice things about a small city... I tell guests, call me when your plane touches down. I am only 15 minutes away. remember, this is coming from the idiot who is DRIVING 7 hrs to get his daughter. (I need to get away) Happy Holiday!
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-24-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Getting stinking drunk and stuffing my face.

You know...the usual.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looking like a potential ****storm of weather on Wednesday into Thursday - good luck to all of you travelling.
    I only have a 1 hr hike to Somerset County, with no inlaws and a very small group this year.

Unfortunately we're hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas this year...fml

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Im stayingat the Mayflower again. I remember you telling me you were married there? On weeks like this, rates are really low for such a high quality hotel. Be good.

One of the nice things about a small city... I tell guests, call me when your plane touches down. I am only 15 minutes away. remember, this is coming from the idiot who is DRIVING 7 hrs to get his daughter. (I need to get away) Happy Holiday!
    Really funny you said that - I was very close to staying there this weekend. I had a rate of $99 for fri/sat. That would have been really funny if, while my wife is getting ready, I went down to the wood paneled bar, order myself a bourbon and idly start chatting with some guy from NC. The whole crew is staying in Bethesda where they grew up so we're staying there. Too bad, I'd much rather stay downtown.

Enjoy DC. I don't get down there as much as I like but it's always great to visit.
    Last edited by crasherino; 11-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Its funny, that part of LI always reminded me of parts of NE!

I got talked into visiting my wifes brother in Atlanta for the holiday; The flight leaves Thanksgiving morning from friggen Laguardia and of course there is snow and freezin weather in the forecast for that day. fml

-
    You're coming to Atlanta?

I live a couple hours North of downtown, kinda in the mountains. Really nice, wooded country...
    Secluded, you can get loud and nobody bothers you about noise or anything.

We're gonna be hanging out drinkin some whiskey and stuff if you wanna come hang out. May have somebody show up with some home-grown again!
    Come check it out! You can crash if you want... Got couches, etc.

almost forgot- bring a towel if you have one tho
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 11-25-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

I live a couple hours North of downtown, kinda in the mountains. Really nice, wooded country...

We're gonna be hanging out drinkin some whiskey and stuff if you wanna come hang out. May have somebody show up with some home-grown again!

Thanks for the offer, but I dont have a towel.

-

Thanks for the offer, but I dont have a towel.

-
    Ah, don't sweat it. We'll figure it out!
    PM me for directions!

Plus, my neighbor down the trail makes his own wine.
    It's got some kick! There's plenty for everyone, so no worries!
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 11-25-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    PM me for directions!
    I'm not quite sure you realize what he plans to use the towel for.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I'm not quite sure you realize what he plans to use the towel for.
    I've got blankets and a couple extra sleeping bags, so we're all set!

Spending as little time with the family as possible. One day I may look back and regret it but I only have a few hours in me before I start throwing ****...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

PM me for directions!

This sounds like an epic surprise corn-holing in the making. A brutal, repetetive **s-reaming of Caliglian proportionsk with anti-mod declarations shouted to the heavens and hand-muffled screams muted to spit-thplattered gaspings.

I'm looking up the bus schedule now.

-

This sounds like an epic surprise corn-holing in the making. A brutal, repetetive **s-reaming of Caliglian proportionsk with anti-mod declarations shouted to the heavens and hand-muffled screams muted to spit-thplattered gaspings.

I'm looking up the bus schedule now.

-
    Swing by Ruby's and grab that sofa sleeper on your way down... Problem solved. Since we probably won't be hearing from you again go ahead and leave the ban hammer with Ruby, we'll need a new mod.

Jets Insider VIP

PM me for directions!

You my friend, are a trip.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    This year Mrs B, the kids, and I will be making the trek from New England to her sister's place on Long Island. I hate driving through Connecticut at any time of year and Thanksgiving week is the absolute worst. So I sprung for the Cross Sound Ferry tix from New London to Orient Point. It adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of the trip but it's so much more relaxed (providing you make your ferry on time) and the eastern end of Long Island is so pretty.
    At what point do you tell your wife you're seeking Miley Cyrus nudes on a jets forum? After dinner? Before? On ferry? On ferry home? While enjoying scenic Long Island? Before bed?