Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: David Garrard (Merged)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Garrard: I definitely can play."

Rex Ryan surely could use a savvy veteran quarterback with playoff and Pro Bowl experience to help navigate through a watershed moment of the most critical season of his coaching career.

Wait. He already has one.

So, why has David Garrard always been an afterthought?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2m3XQkjLE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard can play about as well as Mehta can write. That's all anyone needs to know.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This dude needs to stop posting to this board.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    This is a valid and curious topic. If Garrard is indeed healthy he should be the #2 QB by a longshot. Something isn't right about this whole situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    This is a valid and curious topic. If Garrard is indeed healthy he should be the #2 QB by a longshot. Something isn't right about this whole situation.
    Maybe the probability that Simms actually IS better than Smith.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree that this is a legit topic. For one key reason - If Garrarrd is healthy and can play, there's simply no way you could say Geno gives them the best chance to win.

Last year the argument could have been made - Tebow and Mcelroy were not legitimate NFL QB's and Sanchez may have actually given them the best chance. A healthy Garrard is better than Geno right now. No question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not the first time Rex allowed his starter to play the team out of playoff contention. How a HC can ignore the offense to this extent is damning. I love the guy but demote him to DC.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    This is not the first time Rex allowed his starter to play the team out of playoff contention. How a HC can ignore the offense to this extent is damning. I love the guy but demote him to DC.
    My concern isnt that he's ignoring the offense but rather has his 1950's era offense finger prints all over it.

This return to g&p cant possibly MM's decision

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard hasn't played in years. Dude is done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Garrard hasn't played in years. Dude is done.
    He never did have it IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He never did have it IMO.
    There was one year early where he looked like he was the real deal. I remember him battling Brady in the playoffs and it was one of those whomever makes a mistake loses game. I think he had a really low interception record that year. Turned out to be fools gold from that point forward though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    My concern isnt that he's ignoring the offense but rather has his 1950's era offense finger prints all over it.

This return to g&p cant possibly MM's decision
    MM doesn't trust Geno, and for good reason. He was allowed to throw the ball 22 times playing from behind. 2 of tjise were pics. I see no reason Simms can't do better. Anyone can see he's more relaxed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he can't play he should be cut.

If he was brought in to coach/mentor Geno Smith (which he's doing a bad job at) he should be cut and re-hired as a coach. To waste a roster spot on him for this is insane.

The Jets should have a viable veteran to be there when Geno fails. If they had one today instead of having to worry about bringing in another rookie, they would have had a much better chance to win the game.

Not someone to go to when the game is out of hand, someone they could have gone to at halftime when it was clear there that Geno didn't have it and the game was still close.

Sitting through the whole game and watching this QB who was obviously over his head was a joke.

Remember Don Strock? Steve DeBerg? George Blanda? These were all serviceable QB's who backed up youngsters who were there to step in when needed.

We've needed someone like this all season. Instead we have another rookie who is even more unknown than Geno and a veteran who is either not healthy enough or the coaches have absolutely no confidence in.

I any event, it's a BAD JOB by both the coaches and GM. This team in a playoff race needed a viable QB in there today and obviously we don't have any options when Geno is playing poorly. They did this with Brunell and are doing it again with Garrard.
    Sooth:

I believe your same response to me in reference to Brad Smith is in order here. The Jets are trying to pinch pennies here. I also do not believe the Jets are good enough to get into the playoffs. It would not surprise me at all if the Jets lost all of their remaining games the way they are playing. I am sure John Idzik and Rex Ryan would never admit it, but maybe they are thinking the same thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if its such a valid topic then let him discuss it here instead of directing us somewhere else to find out what he wants to say

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ask yourself an honest question, is this team good enough to win it all? if you think the answer is yes, bench geno and put garrard or whoever in. if not, then let geno play out to find out what we have in him and take the highest draft picks we can get. did everyone suddenly forget the jets are a rebuilding team?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex Ryan prefers to have a backup quarterback he never intends to use. Mark Brunnel, Tim Tebow, David Garrard...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    if its such a valid topic then let him discuss it here instead of directing us somewhere else to find out what he wants to say
    Who is this "him" you are referring to? No idea what you're talking about.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who is this "him" you are referring to? No idea what you're talking about.
    Brick City. His contributions to the forum consist only of creating threads with links to Manish Mehta articles. He doesn't take part in discussion beyond that. As such, a lot of people think he is Mehta.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Brick City. His contributions to the forum consist only of creating threads with links to Manish Mehta articles. He doesn't take part in discussion beyond that. As such, a lot of people think he is Mehta.
    he gets all pissed off too when people insult metha it's actually pretty funny

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I have tried to discuss the posts. That's when the morons on the board flood the discussion. And for the millionth time, I'm not Mehta.