Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets need 2x Wide Receivers. I'd go with Hakeem Nicks and and buy low on Kenny Britt for a one year deal. You can draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd Rd to compete with Geno and Simms.
    Hell no to both, Nicks has had injury problems for like 3 years now, and Britt is Santonio 2.0 without the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Hell no to both, Nicks has had injury problems for like 3 years now, and Britt is Santonio 2.0 without the talent.
    Nicks would be an enormous upgrade over anything we have at WR now. Britt would only cost a 1 year deal at almost the league minimum and he'd be playing for a contract so I guess yeah he might be like Santonio at like 1/15th the price.

Nicks would be an enormous upgrade over anything we have at WR now. Britt would only cost a 1 year deal at almost the league minimum and he'd be playing for a contract so I guess yeah he might be like Santonio at like 1/15th the price.
    I'd rather go Maclin and Brandon Lafell

I'd rather go Maclin and Brandon Lafell
    You're complaining about Nicks being injury-prone yet you want to sign a guy who's on the IR? WTF

Maclin and Lafell are not #1's btw. Both have made whatever bones they have by drawing man to man on the opposing D's second CB while Smith and Desean draw the #1 CB and double coverage. I call it Matthew Hattchette-itis.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Draft:

QB
    QB
    QB
    QB
    QB
    QB
    QB

Free Agency:

QB
    QB
    QB

And that still wouldn't be good enough for people around here.

You're complaining about Nicks being injury-prone yet you want to sign a guy who's on the IR? WTF

Maclin and Lafell are not #1's btw. Both have made whatever bones they have by drawing man to man on the opposing D's second CB while Smith and Desean draw the #1 CB and double coverage. I call it Matthew Hattchette-itis.
    Maclin knows MM's WCO so he's worth the risk . So Lafell's a #2 we need one of those as well, plus what is Britt , he's like #3-4 in Tenn right becuase he's a massive head case who's probably one arrest from a long suspension.

Whatever happened to Conner Vernon ... Is he on Oakland's practice squad ?

Maclin knows MM's WCO so he's worth the risk . So Lafell's a #2 we need one of those as well, plus what is Britt , he's like #3-4 in Tenn right becuase he's a massive head case who's probably one arrest from a long suspension.
    Maclin sucks and we already have Kerley who is the same sh*t but better. You overrate Lafell and he's probably going to want multiple years.

Maclin sucks and we already have Kerley who is the same sh*t but better. You overrate Lafell and he's probably going to want multiple years.
    Lefell wouldnt even make this team. Nelson is better then him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Lefell wouldnt even make this team. Nelson is better then him. lol
    You have been hating on Lafell, but right now, he would lead the Jets in receptions, yards and receiving TDs.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonlafell/497302/profile

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/.../new-york-jets

I don't see how you could say that Lafell would not make this team. Nelson is a JAG (at best).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What is your definition of a "franchise QB"?

A guy who is going to be a Top 5 QB in this league?

If so, no one from this class is a franchise QB. Not even Bridgewater.
    McCarron could be had in the 2nd round most likely and could be a very good game manager for a number of years.

After the utter sh*t I've had to watch playing QB for us over the past 5-6 years, I'd welcome an Alex Smith or pre-injury Pennington with open arms.

If you're waiting around for the next Andrew Luck to come out, then I guess I'll see you in 10-15 years or so. And let's pray that we have the #1 pick that year.

No Im not saying he needs to be top 5.I wish we were spoiled enough to have a Romo, Big Ben, Matt Ryan type guy. I just think McCarron is McElroy 2.0. There is so much talent at Bama the QB just had to not screw it up. So you are asking a college game manager to come to the NFL and do the same? I dont think that one is going to work out.

At this point I still believe Sanchez could be our game manager under MM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I'm all for AJ Mccarron.

Guy does nothing but win and puts up good numbers in a pro-style offense. He's on his way to his 3rd national championship. Guy is smart, he's got good physical tools and would have more football/QB smarts of any QB we've had since Pennington.

Story goes that when McElroy won his championship and McCarron was a red shirt, Saban had him suit up for the national championship and was ready to rip up AJs redshirt and put him in if McElroy had gotten hurt in the national championship game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    No Im not saying he needs to be top 5.I wish we were spoiled enough to have a Romo, Big Ben, Matt Ryan type guy. I just think McCarron is McElroy 2.0. There is so much talent at Bama the QB just had to not screw it up. So you are asking a college game manager to come to the NFL and do the same? I dont think that one is going to work out.

At this point I still believe Sanchez could be our game manager under MM.
    McCarron is wayyyy more physically gifted than McElroy.

McCarron may not have an "elite" arm, but he has a howitzer compared to McElroy. More mobile as well.

And the words "gamemanager" and "Sanchez" don't even belong in the same sentence. Gamemanagers are guys who take what the defense gives them, take care of the football, and are capable of making quick, decisive decisions. How the hell anyone could put that label on Sanchez is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    McCarron is wayyyy more physically gifted than McElroy.

McCarron may not have an "elite" arm, but he has a howitzer compared to McElroy. More mobile as well.

And the words "gamemanager" and "Sanchez" don't even belong in the same sentence. Gamemanagers are guys who take what the defense gives them, take care of the football, and are capable of making quick, decisive decisions. How the hell anyone could put that label on Sanchez is beyond me.
    this draft will be one of the more interesting in recent years, both for the jets specifically and in general. there's a bunch of qbs out there. the jets may well wind up with a top 10 pick. do they take a qb in the first, or go wr in the first and then go after a boyd, mettenberger or mccarron? i think above it all, idzik's plan is to see as much of geno as possible, b/c he's got to decide whether qb in the first round is a real possibility. nobody will fault idzik for taking geno in the 2nd and not burning any other picks to get him, but if he passes on qbs in the first who turn out to be good, after geno's season, he'll be skewered mercilessly. this season was always all about geno b/c there's so many qbs to be had next draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    You have been hating on Lafell, but right now, he would lead the Jets in receptions, yards and receiving TDs.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonlafell/497302/profile

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/.../new-york-jets

I don't see how you could say that Lafell would not make this team. Nelson is a JAG (at best).
    Because Lafell is a JAG too. He has not looked good at all. He was a bust pick Carolina just has nothing else at WR. He was supposed to be a redzone target to replace Muhamid but sucks at it. Not sure what you see in him but he has been a complete failure in Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because Lafell is a JAG too. He has not looked good at all. He was a bust pick Carolina just has nothing else at WR. He was supposed to be a redzone target to replace Muhamid but sucks at it. Not sure what you see in him but he has been a complete failure in Carolina.
    I know Smith draws double coverage , but Lafell has looked better than Stevie, it's not out of the ordinary for recievers to take a few years to blossom.

Draft WR round 1 Mike Evans I personally like.

Draft TE round 2 (C.J. Fiedorowicz)

Draft Safety round 3

Draft RG or RT round 4
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 11-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

They need to get proven play makers on both sides of the ball in free agency and add future depth via the draft. Both can be accomplished in 2014.

#1 Sign best available FA veteran QB. Hopefully a Jay Cutler or Phil Rivers type that becomes available.

This will make the team instantly a playoff contender. You then bring in some veteran players for the offensive line and at receiver. Look how good Denver got in one offseason!

Draft the best QB available with your first pick( possibly moving up in draft ) let him learn from the Vet QB until ready

Continue to pick best available players in draft ( S, TE, OL, WR )

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    They need to get proven play makers on both sides of the ball in free agency and add future depth via the draft. Both can be accomplished in 2014.

#1 Sign best available FA veteran QB. Hopefully a Jay Cutler or Phil Rivers type that becomes available.

This will make the team instantly a playoff contender. You then bring in some veteran players for the offensive line and at receiver. Look how good Denver got in one offseason!

Draft the best QB available with your first pick( possibly moving up in draft ) let him learn from the Vet QB until ready

Continue to pick best available players in draft ( S, TE, OL, WR )
    I agree we should totally waste draft picks on QB's instead of fixing the receiving corp that couldn't catch aids. We should draft a QB in every round. And spend every cent we have in cap on QB's

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Draft WR round 1 Mike Evans I personally like.

Draft TE round 2 (C.J. Fiedorowicz)

Draft Safety round 3

Draft RG or RT round 4
    Our receiving corps could be much improved next year. What about something like:

1. Mike Evans 6'5" rookie WR out of Texas A&M
    2. Golden Tate as a solid possession receiver
    3. Kelley in the slot
    4. One trick pony Stephen Hill (having a one trick pony whose only trick is to go long is a good trick for a number 4 receiver)
    5. Salas as a a versatile number 5 in case somebody gets hurt.