Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 HOF Finalists. List your top 5.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

25 HOF Finalists. List your top 5.

Here's a link to the 25 HOF finalists for the next HOF class:

HOF Finalists

Morten Anderson (K) - All time leading NFL scorer, 7-time Pro Bowl Selection

Steve Atwater (S) - 8-time Pro Bowl Selection

Jerome Bettis (RB) - 6-time Pro Bowl Selection, 6th all time leading rusher

Derrick Brooks (LB) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection

Tim Brown (WR) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection, 5th all time leading receiving yards

Don Coryell (coach) - Coached Cardinals and Chargers. Chargers led NFL in passing 6 years in a row.

Roger Craig (RB) - 4-time Pro Bowl Selection. First player to rush and receive for 1,000 yards each in one season.

Terrell Davis (RB) - 3-time Pro Bowl Selection. NFL MVP (1998)

Ed DeBartolo Jr. (owner) - Owned 49ers and won 5 Superbowls within 14 years.

Tony Dungy (coach) - First African American coach to win the Superbowl (2006).

Kevin Greene (LB) - 5-time Pro Bowl Selection. 3rd all time in sacks (160).

Charles Haley (DE) - 5-time Pro Bowl Selection. Only player to be on 5 Superbowl winning teams.

Marvin Harrison (WR) - 8-time Pro Bowl Selection. Owns record for most receptions in 1 season (143).

Joe Jacoby (OT) - 4-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Jimmy Johnson (coach) - Won back to back Superbowls with the Cowboys.

Walter Jones (OT) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection.

John Lynch (S) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Karl Mecklenberg (LB) - 6-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Andre Reed (WR) - 7-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Will Shields (OG) - 12-time Pro Bowl Selection. Started 223 of 224 games of his career.

Michael Strahan (DE) - 7-time Pro Bowl Selection. Complied 141.5 sacks over 15 years.

Paul Tagliabue (NFL Commissioner) - 18 years as Commissioner. Saw expansion from 28 to 32 teams.

Aeneas Williams (CB) - 55 interceptions over 14 seasons. 8-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Steve Wisniewski (OG) - 8-time Pro Bowl Selection.

George Young (general manager) - Built 2 Superbowl winning teams for the New York Giants.
    Who are your top 5?
    Last edited by John_0515; 11-25-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles Haley
    Jimmy Johnson
    Will Shields
    Michael Strahan
    Tim Brown

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Klecko
    Joe Klecko
    Joe Klecko
    Joe Klecko
    Joe Klecko

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe klecko, how a guy that made the pro bowl at 3 different d line positions and dominated the game isn't in ill never know. Howie long is in and Klecko isn't? That's BS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Joe klecko, how a guy that made the pro bowl at 3 different d line positions and dominated the game isn't in ill never know. Howie long is in and Klecko isn't? That's BS
    I don't disagree, but unfortunately he's not on the list….again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Terrell Davis
    Marvin Harrison
    Michael Strahan
    Will Shields
    Kevin Greene

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Ray Guy- on veteran committee
    2. Will Shields
    3. Charles haley
    4. Steve Wisniewski
    4 Derrick Brooks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Atwater
    Tim Brown
    Marvin Harrison
    Andre Reed
    Michael Strahan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    1. Ray Guy- on veteran committee
    2. Will Shields
    3. Charles haley
    4. Steve Wisniewski
    4 Derrick Brooks
    What's the Veteran Committee? He wasn't on the list.

Will Shields is on my list as well. He's unanimous so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morten Anderson (K) - All time leading NFL scorer, 7-time Pro Bowl Selection
    Marvin Harrison (WR) - 8-time Pro Bowl Selection. Owns record for most receptions in 1 season (143).
    John Lynch (S) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection.
    Michael Strahan (DE) - 7-time Pro Bowl Selection. Complied 141.5 sacks over 15 years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    What's the Veteran Committee? He wasn't on the list.

Will Shields is on my list as well. He's unanimous so far.
    Ray Guy not getting pick so many years by the writers , is a
    Senior nominee. He is already a finalist. All he needs is 80% approval from the selection members. It's about time the hall of fame recognize the best punter to ever play the game. I think M strahan will probably get in before wisniewski.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will Shields
    Aeneas Williams
    John Lynch
    Andre Reed
    Roger Craig

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senior nominee. He is already a finalist. All he needs is 80% approval from the selection members. It's about time the hall of fame recognize the best punter to ever play the game. I think M strahan will probably get in before wisniewski.
    I would pick Wisniewski before Strahan, probably for sentimental reasons (watching 90s football). I would also put Greene before Strahan. Strahan will get in, maybe this year, but there are guys up there I'd like to see in before him. I hated Andre Reed when he played the Jets, but he was unreal. Derrick Brooks was probably my 6th pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good list. I think we get some more WRs this year. Surprised Dungy is on the list. If we are using that standard then Doug Williams needs to be included.

My list is Strahan, Brown, Reed, Harrison, Jones or Shields.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Joe Klecko deserves it, but I just don't buy the three position argument. DL is DL is DL. That's his position, DL. At most you can say is two positions DE and DT. DT=NT, not that great a distinction, not enough to say its the reason to be in HOF. Klecko was a great player, that's the reason to be in HOF, he kicked butt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put these guys in

Will Shields (OG) - 12-time Pro Bowl Selection. Started 223 of 224 games of his career.
    Derrick Brooks (LB) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection
    Walter Jones (OT) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection.
    Tim Brown (WR) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection, 5th all time leading receiving yards
    Aeneas Williams (CB) - 55 interceptions over 14 seasons. 8-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Top 10 finalists Close but not just yet

Charles Haley (DE) - 5-time Pro Bowl Selection. Only player to be on 5 Superbowl winning teams.
    John Lynch (S) - 9-time Pro Bowl Selection.Karl Mecklenberg (LB) - 6-time Pro Bowl Selection.
    Andre Reed (WR) - 7-time Pro Bowl Selection.Steve Wisniewski (OG) - 8-time Pro Bowl Selection.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    Joe Klecko deserves it, but I just don't buy the three position argument. DL is DL is DL. That's his position, DL. At most you can say is two positions DE and DT. DT=NT, not that great a distinction, not enough to say its the reason to be in HOF. Klecko was a great player, that's the reason to be in HOF, he kicked butt.
    There is a huge distinction between DE and NT. Anyone who spent any time on the D Line will tell you that. Most guys that played NT, could never play DE and vice versa. That klecko played all over the D Line and was voted to Pro Bowl for it, was a major accomplishment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best Punter EVER!!!!!! Saved SB 18 with a clutch grab of the snap

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right. Ray Guy is on the NFL 75th anniversary team, but not in the HOF, does that make sense? To me, if your on the 75th anniversary team, you belong in the HOF, period.
    Last edited by Heynowguy; 11-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    There is a huge distinction between DE and NT. Anyone who spent any time on the D Line will tell you that. Most guys that played NT, could never play DE and vice versa. That klecko played all over the D Line and was voted to Pro Bowl for it, was a major accomplishment.
    I think the three position story weakens Klecko's bid, it looks like a gimmick to get him in the HOF. He deserves it based on his play, not a gimmick. When Klecko plated NT, he played on a four man front, he just was over the center to cause disruption. He wasn't a Kris Jenkins type NT. Look at Wikerson, I've seen him line up inside sometimes. Does he play two positions?