Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Awareness

All Pro

In-Game Awareness

Because Geno had such a poor showing yesterday with his execrable QBR, one of his moves has been overlooked - the illegal forward pass. This is on par with running into the end zone in a previous game, the move where he threw an illegal forward pass. He clearly has no idea what is going on, or in-game awareness. This would be really bad, if everything else wasn't even worse. I was very vocal about how I thought he was not ready for the NFL but I thought it was more mechanical issues, not this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Because Geno had such a poor showing yesterday with his execrable QBR, one of his moves has been overlooked - the illegal forward pass. This is on par with running into the end zone in a previous game, the move where he threw an illegal forward pass. He clearly has no idea what is going on, or in-game awareness. This would be really bad, if everything else wasn't even worse. I was very vocal about how I thought he was not ready for the NFL but I thought it was more mechanical issues, not this sort of thing.
    Teams have also adjusted and have found out that when they blitz him, it effects his process of making reads which he's struggling with anyway. Now that he's getting beat up, he's looking at the pass rush sooner than he was before. He's a deer in headlights right now and I'd be surprised if he turns it around at any point this year.

I thought it was pretty close to be fair. I didn't see a replay though. How far past the LOS was he?

Overreaction much? He was probably 6" beyond the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    We get it

You really don't like Geno

So you're not impressed then?

Tremendous use of the word 'execrable' VTN....had me momentarily flummoxed!

I think ChrisJets sums it up perfectly in his reply.Right now Geno is just lost in an offense that is likewise totally lost.He's getting little to no help from his WR's while Flacco had guys making circus grabs all day.

i think the lack of game awareness is simply a symptom of the wider struggles going on right now

Wasn't your reason for thinking he wasn't ready because he had an odd shaped head?

Bent on Jets Blog reviewed the play and said he thought that Smith did not commit the penalty because his whole body was not beyond the line.

Practice Squad
    Vinnys niece does not like black rooster. We get it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Vinnys niece does not like black rooster. We get it.
    LOL

I also love the professional scouts and GM's on this board, people don't have patience anymore, players can't develop anymore, they have to be perfect players th moment they step on the field, no room for adjustments and controversy, and to give these players an opportunity to work through their ups and downs. Screw that he's a rookie, Geno is done!

Rookie
    There was no way this was a penalty, and the replay clearly showed that not even half of Geno's body was beyond the line of scrimmage. I agree with not challenging, since winning the challenge would have merely resulted in 2nd and 10 instead of 2nd and 15 (the pass was incomplete), but it would have been overturned had it been reviewed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wasn't your reason for thinking he wasn't ready because he had an odd shaped head?
    That's actually a lot less noticeable now that he wears a helmet most of the time.

He seems to have become a pretty likeable guy actually, once he became the starter, for those claiming I don't 'like' him (smirking after Sanchez got hurt notwithstanding). Whether I like him or not is irrelevant, I thought he wouldn't be ready, and isn't. He should have never started so soon.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 11-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Practice Squad
    Vinnys nieces...

Have you ever dated a black man?
    If no
    Would you?

Vinnys niece....
    What is the perfect length?
    What is the perfect girth?

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Vinnys nieces...

Have you ever dated a black man?
    If no
    Would you?

Vinnys niece....
    What is the perfect length?
    What is the perfect girth?
    Have you ever dated a black man ?

Geno Smith was a horrible ****ing draft pick.
    You aren't gonna win **** in this league until you draft a white guy with the whitest name imaginable.
    "Tom Brady"
    "Aaron Rodgers"

The more first names in one name the better.

If anyone ever spots a college QB named "Logan Thomas", sign that beast. We'll own the AFC for the next 20 years.

Practice Squad
    Raiders I will bury you starting Monday pal. Until then enjoy the turkey day massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Bent on Jets Blog reviewed the play and said he thought that Smith did not commit the penalty because his whole body was not beyond the line.
    Yep agree, I rewound it about 5 times and didn't think he fully crossed the LOS , I guarantee Brady or Manning don't get the flag there.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yep agree, I rewound it about 5 times and didn't think he fully crossed the LOS , I guarantee Brady or Manning don't get the flag there.
    I guarantee neither of those two guys would let themselves get into a position where it was even in question.