Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Redskins need to draft or sign a quarterback!!!!

The Redskins need to draft or sign a quarterback!!!!

Rg3 is just awful there is nothing about this kid that shows he can make it in this league. 3 wins all season so far? Even Mark Sanchez had a better record then that. They need to can Mike and RG3 draft Manzel and hire Jon Gruden as there HC and this team will dominate the NFC east for years to come as long as RG3 is the QB this team goes no where.

their D is a sieve and RG3 has not been the same since they've been getting away from running the read option as much. it's going to take time for him to develop and the first rounders they traded for him are going to hurt that team for depth. they overachieved last year for sure

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

congratulations, you've failed at a mock thread.

The Redskins did draft a QB despite getting RGIII - in the 3rd round of the same draft in fact, and thus have a very competent back up.

What happened to Kirk Cousins ?

Yeah he is only averaging like 300 YPG

Dan Snyder bet huge on RGIII becoming the face of his overvalued franchise and potentially being the piece that gets the Redskins a new stadium in Northern Virginia down the road.. Between his injury, NFL defenses catching-up to read-option, the Shanahans, and RGIII's own ego the Redskins have totally melted down this season.

I just got done watching RG3 press conference on NFLN. There is something not right about that guy. I know Santana Moss blasted him last week when he seemed to throw everyone under the bus but the guy still doesn't get it. A reporter asked if it was true that RG3 didn't want to review bad plays in film review sessions. It was kind of crazy. He talked about God alot too LOL. The NFLN guys were saying he still doesn't get it. It looks like things are going to get ugly in Washington real soon. It looks like RG3 will get Shanny fired and it sounds like his teammates don't like him. I don't remember hearing anyone coming to RG3s defense after Moss ripped him either.

great spot for Sanchez in 2014

Practice Squad
    Looks like the Rams might just pick up a top five pick in this year's draft to complete the RG3 trade. Not looking so stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Jet View Post
    Looks like the Rams might just pick up a top five pick in this year's draft to complete the RG3 trade. Not looking so stupid now.
    I can't believe they traded 3 first round draft picks. If this doesn't work out it sets franchise back 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    congratulations, you've failed at a mock thread.

The Redskins did draft a QB despite getting RGIII - in the 3rd round of the same draft in fact, and thus have a very competent back up.
    'your sig by the way how many does geno have in 11 games, just curious?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Rg3 is just awful there is nothing about this kid that shows he can make it in this league. 3 wins all season so far? Even Mark Sanchez had a better record then that. They need to can Mike and RG3 draft Manzel and hire Jon Gruden as there HC and this team will dominate the NFC east for years to come as long as RG3 is the QB this team goes no where.
    OK! Trade Sanchez for RG3. Done deal!

I have a QB who is Mexican they can pick up for some spare pesos

RG3 is too much of a runner to be a success. Same deal with Michael Vick. They just can't take all the hits. Might win you some games, but can't stay healthy for an entire season and will be injured come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Hah I see what you did there.

Dumbass original poster seemed to forget that they drafted RG3 and Cousins in the same year. Other than that they are exactly the same, one team mortgaged the future on the 2nd pick in the draft, had a great year from him and he's playing poorly now. The other team used their 3rd pick in the draft, a mere 2nd rounder in a weak QB class on a guy that has played well in about 5 games this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    RG3, coming off a major injury is having a down year compared to his rookie season. But this, being the worse of his 2 years, is already far better than what Geno Smith has given us (60% to 55% completion, 600 more yards, 6 more TD, 7 less INT, 92.1 QBR to 62.1). How can you think this is even a reasonable comparison? Anyone who wouldn't take him over Geno should run for mayor of Toronto.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I just got done watching RG3 press conference on NFLN. There is something not right about that guy. I know Santana Moss blasted him last week when he seemed to throw everyone under the bus but the guy still doesn't get it. A reporter asked if it was true that RG3 didn't want to review bad plays in film review sessions. It was kind of crazy. He talked about God alot too LOL. The NFLN guys were saying he still doesn't get it. It looks like things are going to get ugly in Washington real soon. It looks like RG3 will get Shanny fired and it sounds like his teammates don't like him. I don't remember hearing anyone coming to RG3s defense after Moss ripped him either.
    I agree. The kid sounds like a guy who has never been criticized in his life and has been told how great he is for the last 20 years. He also shows up his receivers on the field by throwing up his arms when guys drop a pass.

RGIII is a good example of why this read option stuff is not going to take over the NFL, teams can take away a running QB for the most part. If a kid can not sit in the pocket and make plays he will not be a successful QB. Everyone needs to keep this in mind when talking about drafting a QB this year.

At some point you'd have to think the Skins are going to trade Cousins, I know RGIII is injury prone but the Skins need some draft picks they have a lot of holes to fill. What if we offer a 3rd for Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    RG3 is too much of a runner to be a success. Same deal with Michael Vick. They just can't take all the hits. Might win you some games, but can't stay healthy for an entire season and will be injured come playoff time.
    It is the play calling not his ability. RG3 was and is a pocket passer 1st. He can run but that is not his best ability. Guys like Vick, Tebow, and Manziel that is their only ability.