Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St John's basketball....

Well... That was interesting.

They still need to get 2 wins in tournament (means trip to finals of BE tournament), if Providence loses to Creighton, then Xavier, ST. Johns, Providence will be 3/4/5 in tournament. NOt sure of order. One of those teams will make the tournament, 4/5 game may be playin, but I think Xaiver gets in with 1 win, and St. JOhns and Providence need 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Go Johnnies ! 20 wins heading into Big east Tournament.

Exactly right. This team started the big east season 0-5 and they finished the regular season with 20 wins...they are all healthy and have a payback game vs Xavier at MSG this Thursday at 2:30pm. Steve Lavin has done a great job this year. Anyone else going on Thurs afternoon???

I'll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the way I see it now.

1. The Obvious: Villanova and Creighton are in]

2. The Probable - Xavier is in... Even if they get blown off the floor by Marquette, because the St. Johns/Providence loser will not pass Xavier regardless.

3. The only bubble teams (IMO), St. Johns/Providence. Whoever wins that game needs to with their Semi-Final matchup with Villanova. If Villanova wins, then I think neither team gets in without winning the tournament.

All League
    I will be there on Thursday and rooting for the Johnnies. Going back again on Saturday night. Big East Tournament is always a fun time out.

St. Johns needs to win the Big East tournament to make the tournament now. Beating Providence and Seton Hall will not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    St. Johns needs to win the Big East tournament to make the tournament now. Beating Providence and Seton Hall will not be enough.
    Won't they have creighton or Xavier next?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Won't they have creighton or Xavier next?
    They would play Seton Hall, but I guess the point is moot now.

Blows.......oh well, 20 wins is ok after starting 0-5 in the Big East

Finally got over the game, once again the Johnnies came up small in a big game.
    Another 6 years of this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk