Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed: Bring back Fireman Ed

Ed Reed: Bring back Fireman Ed

About time Somebody said it.
    http://nypost.com/2013/11/27/ed-reed...reman-ed-back/

"Jets safety Ed Reed will play his first game at MetLife Stadium with the team on Sunday against the Dolphins. He was upset to learn Wednesday he won’t see famed Jets fan “Fireman Ed” leading the cheers.
    “That guy with the hard hat on, is he still here? What’s his name, Fireman Ed?” Reed said. “I need him getting the whole stadium crunked.”
    “Fireman” Ed Anzalone quit a year ago after the Jets were humiliated on Thanksgiving by the Patriots, 49-19, in the game famous for Mark Sanchez’s Buttfumble. Anzalone stopped leading the “J-E-T-S” chant after that game.
    Reed joked maybe Fireman Ed would come back.
    “He retired? I can’t believe it. We need to bring him out of retirement,” Reed said.
    The Jets are 4-1 this year at home and 1-5 on the road. Reed said the Jets are counting on the fans to give them a boost on Sunday.
    “It’s going to be fun to play in front of the home crowd and have that energy that we need,” Reed said. “We’re going to need the 12th Man really bad to get this going the right way, to try to get this train moving to where we want to go. I think as a team we need it. We need that energy.”
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-27-2013 at 07:04 PM.

All Pro
    Agreed Ed!

Most ppl might not agree but oh well! Stadium just doesn't sound the same IMO.....

Amazing the effect one man can have on a chant, lol.

All League
    Bring back.fireman and get rid of Reed

Forget about bringing Fireman Ed back. Put a good product on the field and bring the entire fu*king crowd back to the Jets games!
    Last edited by escamoter2; 11-27-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Hahahahahaha. I second this.

Hall Of Fame
    We don't need Fireman Ed, we need something to cheer for. Having an NFL offense would help. A pick 6 from Reed would help too.

Veteran
    Yeah, I notice the games at Metlife aren't always blowing me away with the crowd noise. Basically, it is not Autzen Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Agreed Ed!

Most ppl might not agree but oh well! Stadium just doesn't sound the same IMO.....
    Plus 1

idea....Fireman Ed Reed? AMIRITE?

Ed Reed is here three weeks, plays in two games....and now he's the spokesman for the team...please..... get this guy under control....as well as the media.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Ed Reed is here three weeks, plays in two games....and now he's the spokesman for the team...please..... get this guy under control....as well as the media.
    Wonder how he feels so empowered?

All League
    Maybe as an opponent he thought it got the crowd fired up at home?

He does have an interesting perspective...just sayin'

if the team put a offense that was exciting on the field, the crowd would have something to cheer about.

Bewildered Beast
    I thought it was a new coverage scheme - "Fireman" Ed Reed. Somebody make a play!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    idea....Fireman Ed Reed? AMIRITE?
    hey now

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    About time Somebody said it.
    http://nypost.com/2013/11/27/ed-reed...reman-ed-back/

"Jets safety Ed Reed will play his first game at MetLife Stadium with the team on Sunday against the Dolphins. He was upset to learn Wednesday he won’t see famed Jets fan “Fireman Ed” leading the cheers.
    “That guy with the hard hat on, is he still here? What’s his name, Fireman Ed?” Reed said. “I need him getting the whole stadium crunked.”
    “Fireman” Ed Anzalone quit a year ago after the Jets were humiliated on Thanksgiving by the Patriots, 49-19, in the game famous for Mark Sanchez’s Buttfumble. Anzalone stopped leading the “J-E-T-S” chant after that game.
    Reed joked maybe Fireman Ed would come back.
    “He retired? I can’t believe it. We need to bring him out of retirement,” Reed said.
    The Jets are 4-1 this year at home and 1-5 on the road. Reed said the Jets are counting on the fans to give them a boost on Sunday.
    “It’s going to be fun to play in front of the home crowd and have that energy that we need,” Reed said. “We’re going to need the 12th Man really bad to get this going the right way, to try to get this train moving to where we want to go. I think as a team we need it. We need that energy.”

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...es-390x280.jpg

**** the unruly idiot moron fans, come back Ed, damn the morons to hell.

It's sad, pathetic, and true.

I'll never understand why he can be the ONLY one to get a unified chant going (even anyone in the hundred JETS bars I been to have been successful)

Someone just needs to step up on their buddy's shoulders in the same section. WTF

edit: I'd gladly welcome him back (I guess) but WTH did he puss out in the first place?! Is he wearing his Electric Teal Dildo Fish jersey this seasopne?
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 11-27-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Yet another example of Rex going for one of his old boys. It's like a family---thats the way you win football games.

All League
    Ed is not gone. He is sitting in Section 14X on the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yet another example of Rex going for one of his old boys. It's like a family---thats the way you win football games.
    What does you username mean?
    REALLY
    I've wondered this.