Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed: Bring back Fireman Ed

All Pro
    Between the same old jerks and Dolfans like Ed its not like there won't be a shortage of Jets haters there Sunday

NY doesnt need mascots or male cheerleaders

Fireman Ed is not a miami fan. Let's stop spreading this stupid myth you morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Didn't read the thread or the article but I still have to question what Ed is thinking here....

The team is well on its way to a 7-9 record(or worse) and he's worried about Fireman ED?

Talk about not having your priorities in order....
    How do you comment without reading the article? Jus sayin...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Fireman Ed is not a miami fan. Let's stop spreading this stupid myth you morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A Jets fan since the mid 1970s, Anzalone was a Dolphins fan while growing up in College Point, N.Y."
    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...hant-jets-fans

Anzalone, 53, was pictured wearing a Miami Dolphins jersey in a high school yearbook photograph. He was young and impressionable then, intrigued by a winning team.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/sp...is-helmet.html

Once a Dolphins fan, always a Dolphins fan!

Taka a hike, dolt.

Here's the thing, Ed Reed was used to hearing fireman ed's chant while he was on the field on D. Yep! that's when the chant was done while the jets offense was getting penalized for a false start lol Ed the idea is to get the crowd loud while the D is on the field not the O !!!

Crowd has been great this year. Feels like it has been louder than in recent seasons at MetLife. Probably has a lot to do with us being 4-1 at home and all being close games where out D needed to step up. Crowd has responded well.

Having said that, the stadium experience just isn't as fun without fireman Ed leading the Jets chant.

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Here's the thing, Ed Reed was used to hearing fireman ed's chant while he was on the field on D. Yep! that's when the chant was done while the jets offense was getting penalized for a false start lol Ed the idea is to get the crowd loud while the D is on the field not the O !!!
    This is total BS. The chant never happens when the O is on the field. Pretty much happens after a score, or some other big play. Once in a while it would spill into the kickoff, but other than that is never happened while the teams were actually playing, it's almost always during TV timeouts after a score, or before an important Jets drive.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Even sh!tty teams can get a few wins a year at home just from crowd noise. Some of you Jets fans just don't get it. Imagine you are a player. Would you be more pumped with thousands of fans cheering you on? Being quiet? Or booing? Or cheering for the other team (happens more than I like). How about the opposing players? A bit more intimidating to go into someone's backyard and b!tch slap them around when they have thousands of supporters cheering them on. Silent crowd, it's funny for them, adding insult to injury. Make some freaking noise when it needs to be made. The Seahawks are a very good team right now, but there were years and years where they $ucked but won games because their crowd rabidly supported them. Show some passion, and stop sitting on your hands expecting to lose and then demand heads to roll when the team falls as flat as the crowd. Head #1 should be the fair-weather fans who only cheer when we are winning a game or playoff bound, and being quiet or booing at the slightest mistake, turnover, or opposing team score. Sometimes that team needs your help down a score or two. Crowd is flat, team is flat. They work together, and sometimes a team needs that spark. Give it.

Practice Squad
    If fireman ed comes back for Ed Reed he will be made fun of and have nachos thrown at him more than ever. Stay in you disguise Ed way up on the nosebleeds.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Forget about bringing Fireman Ed back. Put a good product on the field and bring the entire fu*king crowd back to the Jets games!
    This.

it would be nice if at kickoff, the stadium was full and buzzing like in the college game, and not having fans walking in throughout the 1st quarter. and then when the drum line does the jets chant in the pre game, its not a empty stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Fireman Ed had passion- you can tell by the sound of the J-E-T-S chant this year vs. the past.
    Ed didn't have the passion lol he had the jumbotron lol! I've been there MANY times over the last 20 + years and the times the camera wasn't on him, you could barely hear the crowd. I find it funny that a bunch of grown adults feel the need for 1 GUY to get them going? as if your individual passion for the team and the money spent per/ticket wasn't enough? it's laughable.

Ed Reed: Bring back Fireman Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I find it funny that a bunch of grown adults feel the need for 1 GUY to get them going? as if your individual passion for the team and the money spent per/ticket wasn't enough? it's laughable.
    None of US need Fireman Ed to get going, we just enjoyed him leading the chant all these years and wish he would do it again...The chant has never been as loud led by anyone else, thats a fact...Also, I've been at almost every home game for the past 20 years and he had the WHOLE stadium chanting way before he was ever put on the jumbotron.

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    That sneaky bastard of a Dollfins fan!

And you all thought he was cheering on the JETS this whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    This is total BS. The chant never happens when the O is on the field. Pretty much happens after a score, or some other big play. Once in a while it would spill into the kickoff, but other than that is never happened while the teams were actually playing, it's almost always during TV timeouts after a score, or before an important Jets drive.
    That's the problem with what the chant became. It was too choreographed and only happened after scores or pregame. Something like this needs to spontaneous like it was when it began. Fans sat on their hands until Ed told them it was ok to cheer. I can't tell you how many times it's been difficult to get a defense chant going in my section even on a 3rd down play, we need less external and controlled stimulus from the scoreboards/pa systems and more fan involvement .

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That sneaky bastard of a Dollfins fan!

And you all thought he was cheering on the JETS this whole time!
    Thats old news, Hitman...Fireman Ed admitted a long time ago that when he first started watching a little football in the early 70's the Dolphins were undefeated so he jumped on the bandwagon for a bit, then he went to Jets game at Shea and he was immediately turned into a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    That's the problem with what the chant became. It was too choreographed and only happened after scores or pregame. Something like this needs to spontaneous like it was when it began. Fans sat on their hands until Ed told them it was ok to cheer. I can't tell you how many times it's been difficult to get a defense chant going in my section even on a 3rd down play, we need less external and controlled stimulus from the scoreboards/pa systems and more fan involvement .
    Yes that is part of my point. Ok it was cute and fun to cheer after a score or a big play but never did Ed get the crowd loud when the Jets needed them to be loud. Having Ed does not benefit the Jets IMO I say they are better off just screaming there heads off when the D needs a big stop!

Before the days of Ed, the chant was much more spontaneous and could happen at any point during the game. The East Endzone uppers would always be first to start it and the west endzone would respond and try to be louder, followed by a counter response and even louder from the east endzone. It was really fun and you never quite knew how long it would go on or when it would start. Then Ed came along and focked it all up for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Before the days of Ed, the chant was much more spontaneous and could happen at any point during the game. The East Endzone uppers would always be first to start it and the west endzone would respond and try to be louder, followed by a counter response and even louder from the east endzone. It was really fun and you never quite knew how long it would go on or when it would start. Then Ed came along and focked it all up for everyone.
    It was cool back then with the battles among the different sections to see who was louder, but it was also much louder and more organized when Ed took over. There are positives and negatives to both. Regardless of which side you are on, both were better than what we have now.

To say Ed didnt get the crowd up for 3rd downs or chants of defense is a complete lie though.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It was cool back then with the battles among the different sections to see who was louder, but it was also much louder and more organized when Ed took over. There are positives and negatives to both. Regardless of which side you are on, both were better than what we have now.

To say Ed didnt get the crowd up for 3rd downs or chants of defense is a complete lie though.

Pretty phukin sad it takes another person to motivate the crowd.