Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Top 50 on Turkey Day

My Top 50 on Turkey Day

1 Clowney DE - No question about it he is a once in a lifetime type pick. He doesnt want to play college ball but I cant blame him.
    2 Jake Matthews OL - Solid ancher for any OL. Has a very nasty nature that makes him elite IMO.
    3 Taylor Lewan OL - At 6'7 314 lbs is is hard to say he isnt a beast. Has Jake Long type talent.
    4 Khalil Mack OLB - Coming out of Buff isnt a big name. This guy just destroys people on impact. Has the speed and size to play either 3-4 or 4-3. Reminds me a lot of James Harrison only with more to build on.
    5 Anthony Barr OLB/DE - Barr is the better edge blitz guy here. Looks like a top ten pick ATM.
    6 Cyrus Kouandjio OL - Anther top end OL sure to go early. Has a surprising burst scouts will love but side to side mobility will need to be tested.
    7 Lache Seastrunk RB - Timed at 4.34 in 40-yard dash... Vertical jump measured at 42.5 inches, broad jump at 10 feet, 11 inches. Yeah and he looks like an elite RB when on the field to boot. I like some of the other RB here more but the top end on this kid is as high as it gets. OC will be drooling at the idea of having him as a weapon.
    8 Mike Evans WR - After really watching him play and seeing his up side I think he goes before Watson. Evans looks like he could be an elite WR to me.
    9 Jace Amaro TE - Amaro screams next big TE. There are a few very good TEs here he is just the most proven.
    10 Teddy Bridgewater QB - I rate Teddy slightly lower then I rated Geno last year. Seems like the same prospect to me only less mobile and a better relation with the press. He is a huge gamble but his gaudy numbers vs all scrub teams this year will make him hard to over look in a week QB class.
    11 CJ Mosley OLB - Mosley seems over looked to me but has all the hallmarks of a play making 3-4 OLB in the NFL. He is a versatile player that will do anything you ask of him. This guy in more then just a one trick blitz option. That said he is a guy Pitts will hard target. His only real knock is he is lite so he will not fit every D out there.
    12 Hasean Clinton-Dix S - Bama has a way of producing Ss. Missing time for suspension doesnt help but that wasnt about anything the NFL will care about. He seems to be the easy choice for any team looking to sure up their DB here. I will say this. It isnt a very strong DB class however so take this one as you will. I honestly dont see one anther DB worth a 1st rounder.
    13 Stephon Tuitt DT/DE - People will say Im reaching here but he is going to go early. Plays a 3-4 DE at ND but teams will fall in love with him as the top 4-3 DT here. In reality he will be top of the DT and 3-4 DE class.
    14 Ka'Deem Carey RB - If he can stay out of trouble I see no reason why Carey isnt a 1st rounder at this point. He can hurt you in so many ways it is scarey. Even in the pros I think Ds will have a hard time stopping him from making big plays.
    15 Cameron Erving OL - Is a big reason FSU looks so good right now. He is a former defensive tackle with huge upside at the next level. Transition so quick you cant help but want to draft this kid.
    16 Sammy Watkins WR - Reminds me a lot of a young Reggie Wayne. I always get scared when I see the word knee in a prospects report though.
    17 Vic Beasley DE - As a 4-3 DE teams will look at him in the 1st. Very good DE puts a top of pressure on QBs. Could play a Robert Mathis type role.
    18 Trent Murphy DE - Murphy will rise at some point. He is one of those guys that always goes early then most predict. Will likely not be a huge sack guy at the next level but looks like a solid DE in either a 3-4 or 4-3.
    19 David Yankey OG - Very good OL class at least 3 OGs worth high picks IMO.
    20 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE - Some have him dropping after the DWI but he is a top prospect. Not only is he 6'6 276lbs but he probaly has the best hands in the draft. I am not big on TEs in the 1st but he is the sexy Shockey like pick.
    21 Antonio Richardson OL - This is a very strong OL class IMO. Richardson could easy be a top ten pick. Given teams are just jumping on OL early he should be a 1st rounder easy.
    22 Cyril Richardson G - 2nd round at worst IMO. Not a big pick a G early guy, but this is a nice top end G draf.
    23 Ryan Shazier OLB - I dont expect him to declare but you have to throw him in. He is a hard one to break down but all the skills and ability is there.
    24 Eric Ebron TE - I do not expect 3 TEs in the 1st but in this draft it would not shock me one bit. Ebron will be considered in the late 1st by a few teams.
    25 Melvin Gordon RB - Seems to be the big riser lately. Havent seen a lot of him just going by where others are putting him right now.
    26 Louis Nix DT - Teo got all the press but Nix was the real power behind NDs D last year. You just dont see a lot of NTs come out with his value.
    27 Marqise Lee WR - Projects high although I dont really think he is much better if at all from the next 6 WRs on the board.
    28 Marcus Mariota QB - Yes a 3 tool QB has to get a 1st round grade. 3 months ago I had him ranked as my #1 QB but he hasnt impressed this year. I am still giving him the BOD but I fully expect his stock to be tied into what Chip Kelly does in Philly. This could be anther Nassib where is his old coach doesnt want him he could fall like a rock.
    29 Cameron Erving OL - I try to stay bias on FSU guys I think most have him higher. Ill hold off on any comments on him as I am a fan and hope he stays anther year.
    30 Jordan Matthews WR - I have been a Matthews supporter longer then most so this should come as no shock to some. He may have the best hands of this draft IMO.
    31 Bishop Sankey RB - Looks like the next Ray Rice to me. Quick moves but incosistent at times. Very good blocker up front. This class is STACKED with good RB talent.
    32 Trevor Reilly OLB/DE - A really well rounded player just doesnt have a super high upside.
    33 Kyle Van Noy OLB - He is a good read and react OLB but I question his tackling. I'm not sure his upside is really all that high.
    34 Travis Swanson C - Swanson will be a good C at the next level. Will be a safe pick for some team in the 2nd that needs a C.
    35 Odell Beckham Jr. WR - Could actually jump Lee at the combine but right now ths is where he sits. Anther small explosive WR teams are high on right now.
    36 Cedric Ogbuehi 0L - Manziel looks great because he may have the best OL in college right now. If he wasnt the 2nd best OT on this team he would be a 1st round projection IMO.
    37 Lamarcus Joyner FS - I have been keeping tabs on Joyner and he does look good as a 2nd rounder. He may see some early looks in the late 1st.
    38 Allen Robinson WR - I still like Robinson more then Odell or Lee but realisticly he is 2nd round talent if he declares. Anther year in could change my mind as Im not sure he is ready just yet.
    39 Morgan Breslin OLB - Southern California produces good OLBs so he will get early looks. Most have him lower but I could see him as a plug and play on a few teams including SF.
    40 RaShede Hageman DT - He will be a good heads up 4-3 DT. Dont see him as a good 3-4 fit but he is worth a late 1st to some teams.
    41 Derek Carr QB - I predicted he would rise to the top of the SR class and he did. That said this is still a very limided SR class no matter how much people want to hype it. Carr could sneak into the 1st but it is very unlikely IMO.
    42 Jason Verrett CB - Not real impressed with the CB Class but Verrett seems to have the best skills of the bunch. He is just so small even for a CB.
    43 Kony Ealy DE - DEs are a hot ticket Early rounds the short field really worth an early pick.
    44 Christian Jones ILB - Not a great ILB class and I am a FSU fan so take this one as you will. Jones should be a 2nd round but with so many teams running a 3-4 wouldnt be shocked if he dropped to the 4th though.
    45 Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB - Love his physical nature but again I am not in love with this CB class. Think he will be a good nickle CB or maybe a S project.
    46 Brandon Scherff OL - I cant stress enough how good this OL class looks. Really if you need a OL this is just the class to get it.
    47 Gabe Jackson G - Gabe seems to be bottoming out right now but would be a strong 2 rounder still IMO.
    48 C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - Doesnt have that sexy big play ability but is a very strong all around TE that is going to be a good starter at the next level. Reminds me of Heath Miller a lot.
    49 Tajh Boyd QB - Solid 2nd rounder never said he was anything more or less. A team like Jax or Minni could take him in the 2nd without committing to him. I dont think he would be horrid at the next level just doesnt have much of a ceiling IMO. Teams have reached on worse QBs in the past.
    50 Zack Martin G - On the up swing. A few good OL still to pick from. Picking the 50 spot is always a tough one for me.

On the cusp

Seantrel Henderson OL
    La'el Collin OL
    Bradley Roby CB
    Kyle Fuller CB
    Zach Mettenberger QB
    DaQuan Jones DT
    Charles Sims RB

Hall Of Fame
    Nice job. Looks like you put a lot of work into that.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thanks that means a lot to me.

Talking Just outstanding work, nice to have an extra third round pickI

IMHO I think that running backs are valued correctly, but I feel they will be drafted later ( the Richardson fiasco in Indianapolis will strongly influence teams ), conversely Quarterbacks will be overvalued, you may see 3 go in the top ten..Thank you for inspiring me to watch more college games..

Thanks for this…

All League
    As an Iowa fan, A few thoughts on the Iowa guys. I like CJ, not sure he is top 50, but Scherff is top 20-25 right now and he will absolutely crush the combine if he comes out. He is a very underrated on your board.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    As an Iowa fan, A few thoughts on the Iowa guys. I like CJ, not sure he is top 50, but Scherff is top 20-25 right now and he will absolutely crush the combine if he comes out. He is a very underrated on your board.
    Ssshhh…. Maybe we can grab him in the second round...

Hall Of Fame
    I have seen Scherff with a late one early two grade from some scouts. There could be 7 OTs worthy of first round selections. Other than yesterday's game against Nebraska I have not really watched Iowa that much this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    IMHO I think that running backs are valued correctly, but I feel they will be drafted later ( the Richardson fiasco in Indianapolis will strongly influence teams ), conversely Quarterbacks will be overvalued, you may see 3 go in the top ten..Thank you for inspiring me to watch more college games..
    Yeah I dont expect Lache to go top ten but he will end up in the 1st round. It is a little insane no one is talking about him as an early pick right now. I dont see either Carey or him making it past Jax's 2nd pick. The top end of the 2nd will all be RB needy teams like Cleveland, Jax, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, and the Giants. I think at least 4 maybe 5 will be off the board by the time we pick in the 2nd. Dont know if the Giants make a coaching change but with Wilson's career injury I wouldnt put it past them to go RB in the 1st. The one thing that does show is the fact that the top PO teams really dont need a RB either. You can argue the WCs but all of the set division leaders are solid at RB. If teams let Jax get Carey in the 2nd I may puke.

None of this years QBs really wow me at all. Teddy and Boyd are the only 2 I really havent moved at all. Hundley I think has fallen of the board all together. Mariota has struggled a lot but he will get the same treatment Nessib got going into the draft. Only he is hyped and backed by the media so much I could see a team biting early on him even if Chip does pass. No doubt in my mind he will be a Kiper special. lol Carr and Mettenberger I just dont see as 1st rounders but neither did I with Ponder so who knows. I do find it odd that Carr isnt playing any better then he did last year and no one even had him as a 6th rounder last year. The fact he is a Carr doesnt help either. There are a lot of people out there that arent going to want anther Carr. Manziel I just dont get at all. Anyone that hands him the keys to their franchise deserves the downfall they are getting IMO. As a QB he is 4th round talent but as a WR of HB I'd take him in the 2nd. I fully expect to see the media hyping Bryce Petty over some of these guys come draft time who should declare IMO. He has his degree and his stock is as high as it is going to get IMO.

This OL class may be the deepest I have ever seen. Scherff spot is not a knock on his play be more who do you drop. I didnt want to put like 10 OL in the top 30 but an argument can be made if they all declare they are all to 25 talent. Heck I'd say the top 15 OL are 1st round talent in this one. Well depending on who declares of course.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This OL class may be the deepest I have ever seen. Scherff spot is not a knock on his play be more who do you drop. I didnt want to put like 10 OL in the top 30 but an argument can be made if they all declare they are all to 25 talent. Heck I'd say the top 15 OL are 1st round talent in this one. Well depending on who declares of course.
    Agreed. If you are looking for OTs and WRs this could be a great draft. There is going to be some great value sitting there in the first 3 rounds.

Agreed. If you are looking for OTs and WRs this could be a great draft. There is going to be some great value sitting there in the first 3 rounds.
    I cant tell you how much I would love to trade up and get Morgan Moses in the early 4th and CBS has him as the 13th ranked OT. The way he cuts his beard is just hypnotic. lol

All League
    I have seen Scherff with a late one early two grade from some scouts. There could be 7 OTs worthy of first round selections. Other than yesterday's game against Nebraska I have not really watched Iowa that much this year.
    He is an absolute athletic freak as well as a weight room marvel. Some question his ability to play LT because of past Iowa OL, but I don't see it. He is an absolute monster, does not have the short arms that hurt Gallery and dropped Bulaga and is far superior to Reiff in strength and pure athleticism. Any Iowa OL will have had 4-5 years worth of NFL scheme and technique training and will be ready to play.

If he were to come out and drop to us in Round 2(which he won't come out if graded that way) it would be an absolute steal. Some question his pass pro, but against NFL caliber rush ends that MSU and Nebby had, he held up just fine. At very worst he is a beast road grader RT or G, but I think his upside is as much as any OL in this draft based on his athleticism and strength(410 hang clean)

Hall Of Fame
    I cant tell you how much I would love to trade up and get Morgan Moses in the early 4th and CBS has him as the 13th ranked OT. The way he cuts his beard is just hypnotic. lol
    It is funny you bring up Moses, I saw you had Vic Beasley rated pretty high and Moses absolutely man handled Beasley in the Virginia game this year. I tend to think that Beasley is being over rated a bit. His best position may be 4-3 OLB.

watching Ebron right now in the NC-DUKE game, I would love to have him in a Jets uniform

he can get open, has very good hands ,he is fast and gets a lot of yards after the catch

It is funny you bring up Moses, I saw you had Vic Beasley rated pretty high and Moses absolutely man handled Beasley in the Virginia game this year. I tend to think that Beasley is being over rated a bit. His best position may be 4-3 OLB.
    Yeah not a great DL class really. I am never a fan of guys like Vic because all they do is one thing. I dont see him covering or really stopping the run as a pro. I like Murphy and Reilly more but I think comparing Vic to Mathis is a fair assessment. Really think he best position would be 4-3 DE. Will he get pushed around yes but he will win some too. Mathis has always been hyped IMO. Moses will be a good RT at the next level. That is if he can keep his weight in check. I see him listed at 325 but I'll be shocked if he weighs in at that. I think more teams are looking for mobile Ts to help their more mobile QBs. That is more where Moses looses value. As an old school pocket protector I think he could be very good.

Yeah I dont expect Lache to go top ten but he will end up in the 1st round. It is a little insane no one is talking about him as an early pick right now. I dont see either Carey or him making it past Jax's 2nd pick. The top end of the 2nd will all be RB needy teams like Cleveland, Jax, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, and the Giants. I think at least 4 maybe 5 will be off the board by the time we pick in the 2nd. Dont know if the Giants make a coaching change but with Wilson's career injury I wouldnt put it past them to go RB in the 1st. The one thing that does show is the fact that the top PO teams really dont need a RB either. You can argue the WCs but all of the set division leaders are solid at RB. If teams let Jax get Carey in the 2nd I may puke.

None of this years QBs really wow me at all. Teddy and Boyd are the only 2 I really havent moved at all. Hundley I think has fallen of the board all together. Mariota has struggled a lot but he will get the same treatment Nessib got going into the draft. Only he is hyped and backed by the media so much I could see a team biting early on him even if Chip does pass. No doubt in my mind he will be a Kiper special. lol Carr and Mettenberger I just dont see as 1st rounders but neither did I with Ponder so who knows. I do find it odd that Carr isnt playing any better then he did last year and no one even had him as a 6th rounder last year. The fact he is a Carr doesnt help either. There are a lot of people out there that arent going to want anther Carr. Manziel I just dont get at all. Anyone that hands him the keys to their franchise deserves the downfall they are getting IMO. As a QB he is 4th round talent but as a WR of HB I'd take him in the 2nd. I fully expect to see the media hyping Bryce Petty over some of these guys come draft time who should declare IMO. He has his degree and his stock is as high as it is going to get IMO.
    Partially due to the " Ivory expierence " I am concerned that none of these premier backs have demonstrated any pass catching abilities. Goodson 's return is questionable, IMO the Jets need a back with third down capabillities

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Partially due to the " Ivory expierence " I am concerned that none of these premier backs have demonstrated any pass catching abilities. Goodson 's return is questionable, IMO the Jets need a back with third down capabillities
    Carey and Sankey have demonstrated an ability to catch the ball. Baylor rarely if ever throws the ball to their RBs, but people will tell you he (Seastrunk) has good hands, he wouldnt have ben recruited and signed with Oregon if he couldnt catch the ball. Simms and Grice are also very good receivers.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 12-01-2013 at 10:10 AM.

He is head and shoulders better than he was last year!

I pray every night for 2 of Watkins, Ebron, Amaro, SFJ, Evans, Lee, Seastrunk, Gordon or Carey in a Jets uniform.