Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: When Aaron Rogers is at QB the O-Line is good, when he's not.......

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens NY
    Posts
    210

    When Aaron Rogers is at QB the O-Line is good, when he's not.......

    I love this part... Over the last several weeks the packers o-line hasn't "played" well....supposably

    Our pass protection some times sucks but please tell me why a "good" quarterback makes an oline look great?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    I love this part... Over the last several weeks the packers o-line hasn't "played" well....supposably

    Our pass protection some times sucks but please tell me why a "good" quarterback makes an oline look great?
    Fair point. Bad example. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked a ton over the past couple of years. Look it up. The Packers O-Line was, is, and will continue to be poor for the immediate future regardless of who is at QB.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    I love this part... Over the last several weeks the packers o-line hasn't "played" well....supposably

    Our pass protection some times sucks but please tell me why a "good" quarterback makes an oline look great?
    Rogers has a quick release and the D can't load the box like they can with a rookie they don't fear.. Pat Ryan didn't have the problems Kenny O did because he didn't hold on to the ball as long..

  4. #4
    The packers have had oline problems for years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The packers have had oline problems for years.
    Exactly ... And yet every years they are contenders ... Why ??? QB.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The packers have had oline problems for years.
    True last year Rogers was sacked 51 times but still completed 67.2 percent of his passes..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Fair point. Bad example. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked a ton over the past couple of years. Look it up. The Packers O-Line was, is, and will continue to be poor for the immediate future regardless of who is at QB.
    This. Rodgers doesn't make the O-line look good, they always look bad. The main criticism of Rodgers during his first 2 years was that he held onto the ball for too long. I've always called BS on that. The Packers O-line is below average and Rodgers doesn't force throws into coverage.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    This. Rodgers doesn't make the O-line look good, they always look bad. The main criticism of Rodgers during his first 2 years was that he held onto the ball for too long. I've always called BS on that. The Packers O-line is below average and Rodgers doesn't force throws into coverage.
    You should call BS he didn't start till his 4th year.. And his first 2 years starting he was close to 65 percent completion and was over 4,000 yds each year and 58 tds and 20 picks..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You should call BS he didn't start till his 4th year.. And his first 2 years starting he was close to 65 percent completion and was over 4,000 yds each year and 58 tds and 20 picks..
    I am obviously referring to his first 2 years starting. And despite the numbers that he was putting up, he was heavily criticized for holding onto the ball too long.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I am obviously referring to his first 2 years starting. And despite the numbers that he was putting up, he was heavily criticized for holding onto the ball too long.
    I never heard that but I don't follow GB I just heard good things on Rogers..But I suppose every QB has his flaws.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I never heard that but I don't follow GB I just heard good things on Rogers..But I suppose every QB has his flaws.
    He took a ton of sacks/hit those first two. Whether or not it's true when a QB gets sacked a lot people will say he holds the ball to long as part of the problem.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,760
    GB's OL has sucked for years and this is the first year they have a decent running game in ages.

    One thing I learned is that you can't compare QBs to Rodgers, Brady and Manning. They are in a different dimension and can do things that normal QBs can't. Generally if your OL is bad you do not have an offense.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Exactly ... And yet every years they are contenders ... Why ??? QB.
    and how many years did Rodgers sit behind a great QB and learn his craft? Are you wondering how he would have done if he was drafted and forced into starting immediately?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 11-28-2013 at 06:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    He took a ton of sacks/hit those first two. Whether or not it's true when a QB gets sacked a lot people will say he holds the ball to long as part of the problem.
    He actually had 3 sacks more in 2011-12, 87 then his first 2 years with 84..

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and how many years did Rodgers sit behind a great QB and learn his craft? Are you wondering how he would have done if he was drafted and forced into starting immediately?
    I am not sure how much tutelage he received from Favre. Favre was pretty clear that it wasn't his job to mentor Rodgers. Some people thought Rodgers would be the #1 overall pick. He was an accomplished QB in college. Outside of pure talent I think the biggest reason for his success is that he has played in the same system his entire career with a good offensive HC for a QB-centric franchise.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-28-2013 at 07:03 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He actually had 3 sacks more in 2011-12, 87 then his first 2 years with 84..
    Yes in 2011-12 he was a Super Bowl winning/MVP QB In 08-09 he was the guy taking over for a legend. like I said before I don't know if it's true. But that's the normal perception.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,261
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not sure how much tutelage he received from Favre. Favre was pretty clear that it wasn't his job to mentor Rodgers. Some people thought Rodgers would be the #1 overall pick. He was an accomplished QB in college. Outside of pure talent I think the biggest reason for his success is that he has played in the same system his entire career with a good offensive HC for a QB-centric franchise.
    About the same amount that Montana did for Young none..

  18. #18
    Rodgers is good.. DCs know if they don't get to him before he throws it could be a easy 6.. Rodgers has a arm can lead WRs also if he sense the pressure.. Flynn or geno not nearly as accurate.. Even if he gets ball off before a rush DCs aren't as worried about wether a poor thrower will hit open reciever.. Maybe not completely open but that window the good qbs make look easier.. So DCs come at poor qbs lot more often.. Flynn got ton of rush..

  19. #19
    It's alarming how a quarterback can change the entire quality of a team- look at the Packers right now and the Colts in 2011.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,125
    Yeah. Maybe we should get ourselves one.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us